main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto What will it take? Everyone read and respond please!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by grey_starr, Jan 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Assuming the rock patterns there aren't too treacherous for foot work that would be the perfect location for shooting and actually has a similar yet more awesome look than what I had in mind for an ideal location. Sadly with it being the ugly side of winter right now weather is not in our favour to shoot there, but that gives us the additional bonus of having more time to plan.

Honestly I think we should start working towards some kind of choreography thing even if it isn't for a competition as it would be the most fun, but doesn't take as much scripting or performance (which can be a problem for mostly amateur groups of people). I may have an opportunity for a really REALLY good camera, and of course when it comes to editing I still have access to the school until the fall.

Rotoscoping isn't that hard, its just tedious. The only problem I see splitting up the work on something like that is that the consistency of the sabers can become less consistent, though thats an issue sometimes with less experienced rotoscopers anyway.

From there if people are still interested than we can look into other ideas, be they Caity's script or other unrelated projects.

Sadly fight choreography is something I won't even pretend to understand so I have no issue if someone else wants to step up and take over that aspect. I guess it would be most prudent if they were involved in the writing as well since anything storywise would service the battle. Instead I will focus on the shooting side of things.

Did someone want to take care of the props angle (sadly i am utterly broke right now so I can't invest in anything)? Also do we want to do costumes?

2. grey_starr

grey_starr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2004
    I suggest a new thread for the Fan Filming specifically...

3. Styrofoam_Guy

Styrofoam_Guy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    How are people for Saturday afternoon for meetings? We could go out to dinner after

The place is a Sci-Fi store at Steeles and Dufferin. They have an upstairs room and it is free.

4. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I wouldn't mind doing that if I'm able to.

5. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Sounds good to me.... or we could order in Pizza of course... :)

6. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Steeles and Dufferin? Why can't I think of where Steeles would be? It sounds like a cool place though. Sci Fi store, say no more. :p

7. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Saturday afternoons are probably the one time that *does* work for me, at least three weeks of the month. Regular get-togethers may also help stimulate the drive towards communal projects, whether it's the G&W in St Kitts or a fanfilm somewhere.

8. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    Any interest in trying our hands at some SW RPG? If we have regular meetings... it could be something we do once in a while... even if it was just once, so you could say you've tried it... lol

9. Spiderfan

Spiderfan Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 9, 2004
    Its got me curious... ;)

10. assetic

assetic Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 5, 2005
    Oh my god, Brian has a HUGE star wars miniatures collection. If you guys wanna do miniatures then I think he'd fully be up for it.

11. grey_starr

Jan 22, 2004
    I have a few myself... could be talked into it easy enough... lol

12. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    A little food for thought now that you have meetings in a regular place.
    When the London Rogues opened the Garrison. The first 2 meetings we had 7 new people each time and 4 members. We also promoted in the paper and such to get new people. Then for 2 months there was only 2 of us, sometimes even just myself. Now we get at lest 3 or 4 people min. each meeting and have gotten up to 14 people showing up for one meeting. So if your meetings look like they're not going to take, just hang in it'll catch on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.