main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What will the last shot in the Skywalker Saga/Episode IX be?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by AndrewPascoe, Feb 25, 2018.

1. McThuggin2011

McThuggin2011 Jedi Youngling

Feb 26, 2017
    I was actually just thinking about this earlier this morning. I'm going to pose what I think would be a great way to end the saga. That being said, it won't actually happen. Here goes:

There is a final battle between the resistance and the first order. This final battle is the conclusion of a long campaign of the revived Resistance that has pushed the First Order back to its final planet, Starkiller base 2.0. Kylo Ren knows that this is the end for the First Order. He has decided that this will also be the end of every habitable planet, and life in the galaxy. Starkiller base is powering up to destroy ever planet that harbors any type of life form whatsoever. Starkiller base is powering up and there is little time to save the galaxy. That's when Rey shows up, in a last attempt to redeem Kylo Ren, as she knows it is the only chance of saving the galaxy. Chaos ensues, as Kylo Ren is suddenly torn. He has been in love with Rey since the moment he laid eyes on her, and seeing her there makes him realize that compared to the love he feels for her, everything means nothing. Not the First Order, not the power of the dark side, not the dark thoughts of killing his father. The only thing he can think of is how much he loves her. Ben and Rey dispatch of everyone on the command bridge, but run just short of time as Starkiller base unleashes its destruction on the galaxy. There is only a minute left before they are swallowed up in the raw energy of Starkiller bases's wrath, when Ben looks Rey in the eye and says: "Rey, you met me at a very strange time in my life." That's when the camera pans out to view Ben and Rey embrace while the galaxy is swallowed up in a fiery death that overtakes them both. Thus ends the galaxy far far away, the Skywalker bloodline, as the force finally achieves true balance, Nirvana.

2. TheGhostOfZero

TheGhostOfZero Jedi Master star 2

Sep 5, 2016
    The First Order is defeated...

Kylo, now brandishing a new black cybernetic arm, puts his KoR helmet back on (LSS, he speaks to Force Ghost Anakin/Vader who tells him to get his **** together), before walking into the (binary?) sunset with his Knights of Ren. With his own "order", he spends his exile cleaning up his mistake by destroying what remains of the First Order and other threats like them.

Rey starts a new Jedi Order removed from the politics of the GFFA with Finn, who was revealed to be Force sensitive in the final battle, as her first student. Force Ghost Luke, Leia, and Han appear (I don't know about this one actually...) as a sendoff, passing the torch to the next generation and all that stuff, but also a callback to the ending of Return of the Jedi.

IDK

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    There's a time jump and Ben Solo has two sons. The last shot is Ben's two sons rising in the morning.:D

4. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    C-3PO and Artoo going with Chewie back to Kashyyk

5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    And they're all wearing bandoliers.

6. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    3PO and R2 standing together on some platform or other, 3PO's hand resting on R2's head, both looking out onto a sunset.

Iris out.

Doom_Buggy and GregMcP like this.
  7. lovethedarkside

lovethedarkside Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2017
    Today I was listening to the end credits of ROTS. About midway thru they start the triumphant theme from the celebration in ANH. And that's when I realized they will end the saga with that song. After such a dark movie, they played that theme, to remind us that the hope was coming and it wouldn't be dark forever. I can totally see them ending the saga with that. It will remind us of never ending hope, and brings us full circle to the jubilation we first felt when we watched ANH so many years ago.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    3PO is going back to Endor.
    It's the only time he was given any respect. The Rebels, Resistance, Republic have treated him like dirt.

9. Cantina Regular

Cantina Regular Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2016
    It will end with Anakin and Luke’s Force ghosts together as father and son watching Ben setting off into the sunset on his new path of exile/redemption

Ah screw it, Rey’s there too

Tan-Wessel likes this.
  10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Force Ghost Leia and Luke drinking green milk.

11. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    It should end w/R2D2 & Threepio. I don't know what context, but the two of them as the final scene seems fitting.

Krueger and GregMcP like this.
  12. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Not sure about the final shot, but hearing the Force theme feels inevitable.

13. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    As tiring as it is hearing it at the end of a Star Wars film is, I agree with you.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    ewoksimon likes this.
  14. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    I'd agree if we were talking about the OT, but considering how little importance both droids have had in the ST, it would seem a bit random now to end with them (unless, of course, they suddenly become drastically more prominent in Episode 9.)

15. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    The final scene of 9 should be hundreds of years later, R2 D2 is telling the story of the saga to a character referred to as "The Scribe", who is copying it down into the Journal of the Whills. Bonus points if the Scribe is played by George Lucas.

Tho Yor and Krueger like this.
  16. Doom_Buggy

Doom_Buggy Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 2, 2016
    You make a good point about their lack of represention in the ST, but if tptb could make it work, I think having those 2 droids in the last shot would be a nice way to connect the whole saga since the OT started w/them & they've been in every episode. Wishful thinking perhaps.

17. MKL1985

MKL1985 Jedi Youngling

Mar 9, 2018
    Kylo and Rey jetting off to ahch to in the millennium falcon to begin their master/ padawan training. Those poor fish nuns gonna get two destructive house guests

GregMcP likes this.
  18. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I have alot of sympathy for the series ending with C-3PO and R2-D2, but it should really end where it chronologically started.

With a couple of Neimoidians planning a blockade and worrying about its legality.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What about this?
    [​IMG]

20. Jedi Dave

Jedi Dave Jedi Knight

Nov 13, 2015
    Rey being pulled out of time, like Ahoska was. She discovers she is pregnant and changes her name to Shmi.

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    ^ Brilliant.

22. The destruction of another death star

lookameatbag and Cantina Regular like this.
  23. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Walt Disney at cash register.

lookameatbag and Darth Smurf like this.
  24. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    God please no.

25. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    We see an extended scene of the broom by walking out of the stable to someone in a dark cloak. The camera zooms in. It's Jar Jar. Roll the credits.

lookameatbag and Darth Smurf like this.