main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What will you wear to C3?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by --Skywalker--, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanthe_ShHarr

Xanthe_ShHarr Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2003
    Ill most likely be taking with me my two jedi costumes so ill wear them and ill bring all my star wars shirts aswell

2. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004

@ huntressdiana.

Yep, one red contact. And Ive been wearing my hair black with peroxide white at the front for a few months now, it looks ace,even if I do say so myself.

3. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
  4. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    I am working on a jedi healer costume right now, then I have to make my little one a costume, she wants something that looks like what Anakin wore on Tatooine in Ep I.
    When I finish those, I will hopefully have time to do a couple more (TBD) before April rolls around, other than that, I have a few Star Wars T-shirts and my street clothes (of course).

5. lomion

lomion Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2004
    This thread reminds me of a movie quote. Anyone ever see PCU?

"Don't be that guy" ;) :D

6. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    21st century male civilian wear. :p

I might bring my Jedi robes depending on how I get there.

7. Fashion_Boy

Fashion_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    I'll be wearing a Chiss Pilot/Ambassador flightsuit along with the Chiss Pilot/Ambassador Dress Uniform I am making/having made. If anyone is going as Thrawn, I'd be willing to be a bodyguard or something.

~Matt

P.S. I went to my Stage Makeup teacher and am working on a Chiss face with highlights and shadows, instead of the plain ol' "Smurf Blue" all over the face. You can find pix here: http://photos.yahoo.com/material_boi2000
    *Chiss Ambassador 2
    *Chiss Pilot 1
    *There's also a pic of me in there!

8. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    I'll be wearing (no specific dates yet)...

Pastel Lake dress
    Rebel Trooper
    Rebel Troopette (a type of trooper groupie - for the good guys)
    Purple Diamonds Clone Wars Dress
    Snow Buny Clone Wars
    and the Brown Outfit from ROTS (spoiler costume ;) )
    There might be an Imperial costume in the works, I have to see how much time I have.

If I feel like getting out of charecter maybe I'll don my hot topic shirts - maybe. Most likely I'll be in costume EVERY day, a few a day even.

9. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Being a costumer, I will be wearing a number of outfits and having my enterage wearing some others. I love the Zam Wesell costume and that will definitely be my number one look. Jedi Robes for comfort and casual times. Every gal needs at lease one Amadala gown, (there are so many to chose from). Then there's the nightwear. That will be the darker characters in my repitore. SO I guess I'll be one of the "changlings" in more than one way.

10. EmperorHolland

EmperorHolland Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2004
    I can't wait for C3!!!!
    I am so going to dress as the Emperor!
    Die rebel Scum!

11. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004

Now I'm getting nervous. Ive never done costumes before and I'm betting mine arent to spec.

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Ive never done costumes before and I'm betting mine arent to spec.

Oh I hate that mentality!!! Sadly, I've seen it more often than not with people who have had the time and resources looking down on people who are just starting out. Sadly, often as not it's incredibly discouraging and a lot of people with great ideas get tramped down.

13. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I agree. I think costumes should be fun to make and wear, and to hear people critizing them just because them might not be exactly as the ones in the film... well, that's not fun! I once made a Luke costume for a party in about 15 minutes, and it was great fun. Sure, it wasn't screen accurate, but I had fun wearing it. :)

I hope to see lots and lots of cool, beautiful and original costumes at C3. :)

14. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Please don't be nervous veritasuk. :)

Yes, there are those people out there who will come down on other costumers (I had it happen to me in my very first costume at C2 and it was not pleasant), but I refuse to let them spoil my fun.

I'm happy to say that most costumers, especially the group we have here in the C&P forum, are generally very conscientious about encouraging and applauding everyone's efforts online and in real life.

Bottom line, do your best and have fun. Costuming at C3 will be an experience you will never forget and you will make countless people smile when they see you. That's what it's all about. ;)

15. Benae_Quee

Benae_Quee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    veritasuk Obi Dawn is right, a lot of costumers are great people, we all look forward to seeing each other's work in person. I've been lucky enough to never have someone look down upon my costume, but I know a friend who has (apparently her ANH Leia was 'incorrect') - she didn't care though, she had fun in it anyway. No matter what your costume looks like, I'm sure its great :)

16. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Costuming is about fun, nobody should ever tramp down another costumer. I've heard comments that I shouldn't do Padmé costuming since I'm dark blond and a bit overweight, i.e I don't look like Natalie Portman at all. I don't care though, since I love doing Padmé costumes, and I love wearing them in public.

17. Star_Wars_Freak_2006

Star_Wars_Freak_2006 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2004
    I hope to have a Saesee Tiin Costume completed by April so I can wear it.

18. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    I just decided today. After much research and debating with various folks over the various options open to me, I have definitely made a decision.

I think I will wear... pants.

Probably even a shirt. But definitely the pants. Because pants are good.

I'm sure everyone is glad to hear this!

LOL! 8-}

Sorry, I was a little board this morning.

Doc
    (New and Improved and now featuring... PANTS!)

19. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    Actually, I'm gonna be a Jedi from a movie Me and Sal are gonna film this winter. Probably the whole time!

20. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    I have no idea what I'm wearing in terms of each day, but I know what I'm going to wear, if that makes any sense.

TIE Pilot Costume - the reason I even decided to make one, C3 baby - I better get some photo ops with beautiful women ;) Anyway, hope to be with the 501st by then, and this is my proudest (and cheapest) costume of mine, can't wait to show it off. :) Originally wanted Stormie armor, but beggars can't be choosers!

Custom Sith costume - actually the original cloak I had was much more sinister, black and flowing,I have a grey one now, but anyway - this costume I got to keep, for the most part, from an awesome fanfilm I'm acting in (due out later in 2005). I played the main villain, and I figured, heck, why not, may as well wear something jedi/sith style. It's a black/grey combo, black undershirt/pants, and a grey wrap, looks somewhat like the Imperial Officer style-jacket except it's just a wrap of fabric. For the saber, I have a real hilt, much like Dooku's, which I'll probably just keep on the belt. Yeah those Master Replicas FX sabers are cool, but too expensive to shell out for just 4 days of fun, not to mention all the carrying around of a big glowing stick.

ROTS Shirt - Simple. Awesome. And I can just be me in it.

And I have no idea for the 4th day...I'm opting toward the TIE Pilot costume again, maybe with the helmet off and wearing a custom Imperial beret so I don't sweat like a fiend (plus seeing in that thing is like Luke with the blast shield in ANH)I might get another SW shirt before then, I don't know. Trying to save all my chump change towards C3 in itself! Well enough of my babble, nothing special. Can't wait to go costuming though *it's my first time*!

21. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Whoa, if Hot Topic keeps getting in more and more SW shirts, (they even have the TEASER POSTER SHIRT!!! :eek: ) I'm gonna have to wear several every day!! 8-}

Their "I [heart] Darth Vader" shirt is by far my favorite and I'm definitely wearing it for one of the days, and I just might keep it on underneath my other ones for the weekend, so in case I bump into Hayden I can just rip off the top shirt and have that one on underneath! ;)

I have racked up on SO MANY of their SW pins and I'm gonna wear as many as I can on my "Star Wars" trucker-style hat I got from there. :p

Geez, will I look like an über-geek or what??! [face_beatup]

22. Zar_Valen

Zar_Valen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Don't worry, veritasuk. I've never been to a SW Con before or even gone to a Con in costume before but I'm putting one together for C3. I would say if you want to do it, are willing to take the time to do it, then it doesn't really matter who's costume is the "best". There are some great cosplayers out there, but I would say if you have fun doing it then that's the only important thing.

23. veritasuk

Sep 8, 2004
    Cheers people. I usually do medieval re-enactment so I'm turning my 'skills' to Star wars now. This is my first celebration and I'm so looking forwards to it
    *bounce*

Only making 2 costumes, Isard and a rogue Sq. dress uniform. I am going to enjoy my self and if any one says anything desparaging I'll give them a really nasty ,erm, chinese burn.

24. Sith_Hatred

Sith_Hatred Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2004
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums, so bear with me. I will be attending C3 in 3 different versions of Vader's costume. Not sure which one I'll do on which day, but I'll be wearing the ANH, ESB, and ROTS, and possibly a custom mandalorian outfit as well. To everyone that is new to costuming or has some doubts about whether or not they should go in costume, I've been costuming at shows and events for a couple of years now, don't let someone that wants to play "critic" ruin this opportunity for you. In my experience it's always been a lot of fun and it's a great way to share your love of Star Wars (or whatever else you're in to) with fellow fans! Oh and I want a pic with the Emperor!

25. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Sith_hatred, how in the @#$%!$@ can you afford 3 different Vader costumes? That must have cost you a giant fortune! I only have the ESB version, and that set me back about 2500-3,000 US!! You must have a kick @$$ job to have that many costumes!!

By the way, we should hook up at C3 and take some pics of our costumes! Also, do you have any pics of you in your costumes? If so, could you emial them to me? I'd really like to see! I am a HUGE Drth Vader fan!!

Thanks! And see you at C3!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.