main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Speculation What would be a worthy story/threat for a "restoring/rebuilding the Republic" episode 10-12 trilogy?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Ghost, Oct 5, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    This thread inspired me to write a pitch for three loosely-connected standalone movies and an animated show taking place after TRoS. I would like to share it here, but its about 1200 words long. Is that okay?

Trigger warnings: One of my movie ideas involves ST characters teaming up with Mandoverse characters to take on an outside-galaxy threat, and another movie idea takes place about a thousand years after that.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
    Ghost likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Go for it! There’s no word limit here. :)

Ghost and rocknroll41 like this.
  3. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    Thanks!

Okay, here’s my pitch for what post-Rise of Skywalker content could look like. I think at this point Star Wars has outgrown the “trilogy” structure, but I have some ideas for a possible animated show as well as three live-action films that would each be standalones, yet all loosely connected to one another.

All of this is most likely stupid, but I’m gonna share it anyway:

ANIMATED SHOW

Working title:
    Star Wars: Regions of the Galaxy

Rough idea:
    Starts shortly after The Rise of Skywalker and goes on for several years. There’s no galactic-wide government of any kind anymore. The Resistance managed to gain control of the Core Region of the galaxy and have since evolved into The Core Republic. Other parts of the galaxy are controlled by other factions (Mandalorians, crime syndicates, maybe even new versions of stuff like the Nihil and Nightsisters, etc.). So I guess if this “Age” needed a name it would be “Age of Divide” or something like that. There are no remnants of the Sith, Knights of Ren, Empire, First Order or Final Order whatsoever. The closest we get to that is whatever Thrawn has going on in the Unknown Regions. I also like the idea of one of the factions experimenting with cloning again, maybe even perfecting force-sensitive clones. But that’s not essential. I also like the droid revolt idea that someone else mentioned here.

Rey and Finn are restarting the Jedi order in two different ways; one of them is gathering small children like Broom Boy and training them slowly in a school-like environment, and the other is speed-training about half-a-dozen or so other adults and they’re all going on adventures (sometimes together and sometimes apart) in a Knights-of-the-Round-Table type of fashion.

Right now I’m leaning towards Finn being the one mainly training the adults, cause I want to use this show as an opportunity to “move him further along.” Maybe he rekindles the flame he briefly had with Rose on Crait. Maybe he meets one or more of the ghosts. You get the idea. He’s “the field agent” and Rey is “the Yoda.” And not that it matters, but as far as saber colors go, I always thought green would suit Finn.

I wouldn’t have a central conflict or war or anything driving the show forward like that. Just keep it loose and episodic. The main purpose of this show is just worldbuilding and laying the groundwork for the future. Speaking of which…

MOVIE 1

Working title:
    Star Wars: Alliance

Rough idea:
    It’s like five or ten years after The Rise of Skywalker. If LFL wants they can make this movie first and then make the show described above afterwards to “fill in the gaps” between The Rise of Skywalker and this.

In short; characters from the sequel trilogy team up with characters from The Mandalorian and related shows. So it’s basically a “crossover,” of sorts, between the Skywalker Saga and the Mandoverse. I think that would be a neat way to bring back sequel trilogy characters (mainly Rey) in a live-action movie without undoing the idea of The Rise of Skywalker being the end of the Skywalker Saga. It’s not really what I would want, personally, but it would probably put butts in seats, which is what Disney is thinking about.

I would have Rey team up with Din Djarin specifically (who I assume is ruling Mandalore at this point), to really emphasize this “unification” idea as much as possible. I know he’d be like 70-75 at this point, so maybe keep his helmet on the whole time and just have Pedro Pascal limp around and say something along the lines of “I may be old but I still got a few tricks up my sleeve,” just not in those exact words (cause that would be stupid). Alternatively, just have him “sitting around” and have Rey instead pair up with Sabine, who would probably also need to be played by a different actress at this point, or at least keep her helmet on the whole time too.

The main conflict would involve an outside-galaxy threat. Let’s just say the Grysk, for now (assuming the Mandoverse “big storytelling event” that LFL talked about doesn’t involve them first). I don’t know if I would flat-out say they come from a different galaxy, though. I would just “loosely imply” it, if that makes sense. Either way, the Jedi find out about the Grysk so they have to split up to go recruit all the other political factions. It’s not the end of the Age of Divide, just a brief unification against this new exterior threat, is all.

Not sure who Finn would be sent to recruit, though I would like whatever journey he goes on here to lead to him finding the family he was taken away from at birth, so that he can finally discover his real name (at least his last name), once and for all. Or maybe he has taken Rose’s last name by this point in the timeline instead, or something.

Also, just to be a bit more “thematic” with the idea of divisions and factions, I would have Rey and Finn start to not get along at this point, because they have different ideas on how the Jedi should continue to evolve. They manage to put their differences aside for the climax of the movie, of course, but the very end of the story hints that the Jedi of the future may have similar differences, which they accept. This is to hint that the Jedi in centuries from now may be separated into different factions with no centralization. Which leads us to…

MOVIE 2

Working title:
    Star Wars: Jedi Legacy

Rough idea:
    Set like a thousand years later, the Jedi have evolved into different factions with no centralization, and each faction has a different “philosophy,” of sorts. On the other hand, the political factions are all unified back together now, and call themselves The Alliance (as a reference to the film described above). So this would be the “Age of Alliance.” Basically everyone hates the Jedi for not being able to get along now. This is where the Sith would come back, in some fashion. I would bring back Matt Smith’s “Sith King” character that got cut from The Rise of Skywalker, and maybe have him act a little like Palpatine, to imply that good ol’ Sheev is “still in there somewhere.” As expected, all the different Jedi factions realize they gotta come together, but in order to do so, they need to dig deep and figure out secrets about how the Jedi first began “thousands of generations ago,” which leads us to…

MOVIE 3

Working title:
    Star Wars: Jedi Origins

Rough idea:
    Okay, this one doesn’t actually take place after The Rise of Skywalker, but rather thousands of generations before anything we know from canon Star Wars. That said, it would still be “spiritually connected,” in a sense, to the film described above. It would basically be Dawn of the Jedi, but as a movie. I know there’s rumors that this is what Taika’s film is gonna be. We’ll see what happens, I guess…

Alright, that’s all I got! Apologies for getting so long-winded with this.

UPDATES: Maybe there could also be another movie and/or show directly dealing with the “fallout” of the Grysk invasion. Also I’m thinking of replacing the word “Alliance” with “Unity.”

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Those are great. And probably more developed than any actual proposals at LFL.

Ghost and rocknroll41 like this.
  5. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    Thanks! Glad you like my ideas :)

6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I'm glad the thread inspired you to write and think up cool ideas!

Pizza-the-Hutt and rocknroll41 like this.
  7. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    Thank you!

8. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Based on the Eu and Lumyia a secrect apprentice of Palps or Plaugeis who is teaching the sith teachings basically trying to revive an old master think of how Voldemort was destroyed and then they could come back much more cultish vibes.

9. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    really like this idea the only thing is instead of palpy it’s plaueguis.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  10. rocknroll41

May 28, 2013
    Good suggestion! And thanks, glad you like my pitch, for the most part!

11. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    The rebuilding only works as a continution of our heroes story. Luke rebuilding the Jedi in a new Luke-style way. Leia learning to be that pragmatic politician and probable president of the nacent republic whilst keeping her ideals and Han taking his natrual leadership (and struggle with authority) out there into the proverbial wild west as some sort of Wild West taming figure. Luke's struggles with lacking fundementals of Jedi lore, Leias struggles with machavellian poltiicians and Han's lack of happiness being seen as "first lady" by some - and the bringing up of the large banks of kids who squabble and compete, and then have children and you have a GOT (but nicer) lovely complexities to play within.

But no, because of JJ's wish to remake ANH rather than live in the SW universe, and with Rian's absolute destruction of everything that is the heart of Star Wars, we are left in a situation where they cannot write themselves out of the corner.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    oh my god, it never ends

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I really want the ST to be erased! A new trilogy should be made with Luke, Leia and Korr Sella endlessly debating in the Galactic Senate on Coruscant the sewer rights in the Outer Rim and bounty hunting fee billing details. In the third part, a new galactic constitution would finally be discussed and presented by Leia. In the end there should be a parade on Naboo where every OT character walks by with a Stepford smile on the face. How exciting!

Sarge likes this.
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Whoa, dude! You're gonna break the gauge!
    [​IMG]

Darth Smurf and Bor Mullet like this.
  15. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Why do you think I've been hiding out over in SWTV lately? You thought it was for Boba, didn't you?

16. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    I feel like the only one in the world that wants an old republic trilogy or movie focusing on Jedi Vs Sith...

call it Eps -2 to 0 if you have to.

Sarge likes this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You’re definitely not the only one. It’s a pretty popular idea and also one of the most likely avenues Lucasfilm will explore in upcoming movies.

18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    You’re definitely not alone. There are fan videos about it posted online at least sixty times a second.

Riv_Shiel and PymParticles like this.
  20. ladygrey45

Dec 30, 2015
    Lucasfilm make this challenge

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Just as an FYI, this topic would be better off discussed HERE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.