main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What would get you so mad that you would walk out of Episode IX?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by JediKnightOB1, Nov 16, 2018.

1. grungebunny

grungebunny Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 20, 2005
    Nothing. If its a train wreck I want to see it unfold. My number 1 worry is that they won't wrap up the 9 films and instead focus on wrapping up this trilogy. Honestly, Rey, Finn, Pow and Rose could all die in the first 5 minutes and the movie would still be on track in its primary objective for me.

2. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    So edgy. However, when I was a child I thought I had to stay and watch the entire movie even if it was really bad, because I had paid the ticket.

Now that I am an adult, I realize that there is no such rule. If I am watching a movie that I find horrific (any movie, not just IX) then I can just walk out. There is nothing childish about it. It's a conscious decision based on not wasting my time.

3. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    [face_thinking]You bring up an interesting point. I wonder what perspective they're looking at this from; the idea of ending the Skywalker saga (as they have mentioned), and their focus is on tying everything together-from TPM all the way to IX. OR are they simply looking to close up this trilogy?? I'd be okay with either, but honestly I feel if their focus was as broad as the whole saga, then they would've begun work on that already IMO, rather than trying to accomplish all that just in the final installment.

You know there's also a third thought here: that they're not planning on "wrapping" anything other than Luke, Leia and perhaps Ben's story, and we'll be shown yet another cliffhanger which shows us the ST was simply a PT for a story Rey will be headlining.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  4. zackm

zackm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015
    I never said it was childish to walk out of a movie. Why would anyone voluntarily spend valuable time doing something they don't find enjoyable?

It's childish to get mad at a movie.

5. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    No Jackie Chan style ‘stunts gone wrong’ out take reel?..

6. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    If they don't kill off Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose, Maz and Hux in the first 10 minutes I'm outta there!!!

7. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    If anybody took a dump in the theater and refused to leave especially if it was the person directly beside me, in front of me, behind me, or on top of me.

The Deuteragonist likes this.
  8. ImpreciseStormtrooper

ImpreciseStormtrooper Jedi Master star 3

Jan 8, 2016
    I haven't walked out of a film since Money Train in the 90s.

So...I don't know, maybe if Wesley Snipes and Woody Harrelson walk in and Woody is wearing this hat I'll walk?

[​IMG]

9. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Jedi Master star 2

Feb 18, 2007
    Anakins lighsaber flying into Rose Ticos hand and her simultaneously realising she has Force powers and then saving the day all by herself.

Bazookaleffe likes this.
  10. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Nothing, because star wars is star wars.

11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I will only walk out if it's revealed at the end during the end credits that Rian Johnson directed it 8-}

lookameatbag likes this.
  12. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I never walk out of movies. I don't watch many in theater anyway and have pondered why I want to watch one in theater before going. If I walked out I'd leave myself unsatisfied. And I paid so much money to watch it--which is in part why I'm careful what I will watch in theater. Usually movies are better than I expected because I have low expectations and find most movies kind of "bla."

I don't have a sense of humor today and can't come up with absurdities that would make me walk out. I don't know if I will watch IX in theater or not, but chances are I will.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
    Wildcatbarry likes this.
  13. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Wouldn't you always walk out during the credits anyway? :p

I thought you were an ST fan? And you aren't definitely going to see it at the cinema? Odd.

Answering the thread question; No Luke and Kylo flashback. Not a joke answer I guess.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  14. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    If Luke shoots a fireball at the audience, igniting the theater in flames.

15. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    The whole notion of being a "fan" is highly confusing. I don't identify as a "fan" of movies/books/shows etc. I just zero in on things I think I will like, find stimulating enough, or am curious about.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  16. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Fair enough. Being a fan is fun to proclaim though. Besides Star Wars I'm a pretty avid fan of music, to state this is part of my identity.
    But you aren't planning to definitely see IX in cinemas? I'm not as into the ST as you and I will probably go several times if it is any good.

17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    If the movie ends and none of the important questions were answered then I would be so mad as to walk out. But I'd be leaving anyway so it wouldn't have mattered. I will have completely wasted those 2-3 hours and all the time hoping and wishing. I guess it would just make me so mad I wouldn't come back for seconds.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  18. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    If Luke uses his force ghost powers to non-consensually spy on women in private settings.

Now watch this end up being how he first contacts Rey....

oncafar likes this.
  19. twilightjedi0622

twilightjedi0622 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 7, 2004
    I don't know that I would walk out but I'd rather not see any of Endor or ewoks. Not sure at this point if I would care to see Kylo and Rey turn out to be brother and sister at this point either as I'm kinda tired of seeing the script writers or directors pull from the EU. I know there hasn't been much of it but it's my feeling that if Disney wanted to make it non-cannon then they should just leave it alone. Just my thoughts.

20. Wrenegade

Wrenegade Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2015
    Backpedaling on Rey being a no one to appease fans.

ChipRock likes this.
  21. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    So I've been thinking about this, and if I'm honest, there's very little chance anything could make me walk out, unless it was truly bizarre, tasteless, and served as a "This show is over" signal. It's hard to imagine something this bad but one thing might be if they somehow talked George Lucas into showing up for a Stan Lee style cameo and the joke falls flat. Like if the film is already just puttering along and Finn is in a downtrodden state after some setback, and lo and behold, old man Lucas turns his head through the crowd and says "May the force be with you." The audience would be smiling and sighing and I would stand up chuckling and walk the **** out.

22. Bob Effette

Bob Effette Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    To be honest, after TLJ I am going in with very low expectations anyway. The Star Wars saga feels (to me) to be at something of a creative low point. I won't walk out but I am thoroughly expecting to see a competent, but predictably bland and insipid JJ Abrams Star Wars movie.

DarthFixxxer, 11-4D and Wildcatbarry like this.
  23. ChipRock

ChipRock Jedi Padawan

Dec 21, 2015
    I really really hope that Lucasfilm are strong enough to stick to their guns despite all the criticisms post-TLJ. For me personally they've taken the correct path the whole way through the ST (minor quibbles aside) but the voices of those who disagree have been very loud and I have a very real worry that the powers that be are feeling that pressure when it comes to finishing off the trilogy. Backtracking on the Rey situation would really piss me off, to be frank.
    I'm not sure I would actually walk out whatever happens (I'd like to be able to judge the film as a whole no matter what route it takes), although in retrospect I wish I hadn't bothered sticking with The Phantom Menace - I was young then and probably had more interesting things to be doing.
    One other issue that is causing me some concern is the Carrie situation. I really hope they don't get too carried away basically. I know the technology is there, but what's that saying about 'just because you can, doesn't mean you should'? Keep it minimal would be my suggestion - and tasteful. I won't mind so much if the full doesn't work so well for me for other reasons, but if I come away with a bad taste just because they've tried too hard to wedge Carrie in to a scene that doesn't fit with that old footage then I'll be upset.

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]
    :p

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  25. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Count D2ku

lookameatbag likes this.