main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What would seem fantastical to SW universe residents, besides Force abilities?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by rktho, Feb 21, 2022.

1. rktho

rktho Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2020
    The denizens of the Star Wars universe have got to have entertainment, just like us. But the majority of our entertainment is sci fi and fantasy— Star Wars being a major example; the MCU and Lord of the Rings being a few others. What would the average citizen of the galaxy consider to be a sci fi concept? What would be a superhero ability that even a Jedi would find implausible? What kind of technology would be more unbelievable than hyperspace travel? What kind of creature would the average galactic citizen not assume is a real species they simply haven't heard of before? I have to imagine fantasy may not be as prevalent a form of fiction in the GFFA as it is here. But say that it is— what concepts would be considered staples of in-universe fantasy? I'll go first and say teleportation devices.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
  3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Ninja'ed by the big green scaly guy.

Maybe they like fantasies set in the past, either historical or mythical past. I bet LotR would play as well in the GFFA as it does here. Of course the villains need to have powers that most would consider... unnatural.

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think that also depends on individual societies. For example, if a planet does not have space travel then stories about that would seem fantastical. To a water-based society tales of life living on land would be fantastical.

CampOfSorgan, Sarge, rktho and 2 others like this.
  5. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    Teleportation, absolutely.
    For most of them, I think some of the things Jedi can do is the stuff of legend. Most of them have never been near one and many likely don't believe in the things they hear.

For people who know what's possible in the GFFA, though... They do have changelings, but a creature who could change into virtually anything of any shape and size would seem made up.
    As would gods.

rktho and clone commander bossk like this.
  6. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Intergalactic travel/visitors

Time Travel

Teleportation

Post-Scarcity / Replicators

An AI/Droid Civilization

Transhumanism / transsentientism

Resurrection

Super-healing

Invisibility

Flight/Levitation (no jetpacks or speeders, just a being that can float and fly like Superman)

7. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    For most, the Jedi and Sith.

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I reckon they’d enjoy Transformers.

Or how about exploring another Galaxy? We’ve never seen or heard anything past the SW Galaxy. I wonder what’s out there… and I’m sure the SW citizens would too.

Maybe living planets, or planet sized creatures. Maybe they find a Galaxy completely overrun by AI with no sign of people whatsoever.

And I definitely think they’d enjoy Lord of the Rings type entertainment. A pre-technology era.