main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What would you do with $500 million dollars?

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Spirit of the Wolf, Feb 11, 2015.

1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Yea, maybe thinking $500 million would cover it is a little naïve. At the very least I would at least start a campaign maybe to get various matching donations until the amount required amount is there. I don't know, I would do something in that regard.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    That would be a good start and something that's really needed!

3. A scary bedspread

A scary bedspread Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 12, 2017
    First thing I would do is fulfill my dream of having a personal library as big as the state of Texas, then start my own video game company where I would do nothing but fund it as my devs did whatever they wanted in terms of creative freedom.

4. Xodax

Xodax Jedi Knight

Aug 24, 2015
    Tell a story that Jedi wouldn't tell.

5. Glimmer of Hope

Glimmer of Hope Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 1, 2018
    I would pay off my house, my car, my credit cards, and assist my parents with their bills.

The leftover money would probably be used to retire early and travel a lot. Maybe fund a fan film project.

6. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006

Jester J Binks likes this.
  7. JD Wookie

JD Wookie Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2018
    I would buy a nice house on the seashore in Greece for my family https://tranio.com/greece/adt/1733495/. My ancestors came to US from Greece like 100 yers ago and my mom always wanted to come back there. That would be the best gift i can make her :)

Pensivia likes this.
  8. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
  9. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Erect a 900ft statue of Predator in warrior pose holding a decapitated human head with accompanying spinal cord for the post-apocalypse generation to worship in terror.

10. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    I would pay off all my student debt, travel the world, expand my Star Wars collection and then put the remainder in my bank account.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  11. Rodrigo Alves

Rodrigo Alves Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 9, 2015
    Dude, that would be 2,6 billion in my country currency. I would build a veterinary hospital and do nothing for the rest of my life.

12. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Put enough away to live comfortably for the rest of my life, invest a bit, and then donate the rest. 500 million is more money than I could ever conceivably want or need.

13. XxXSpace_KarenXxX

XxXSpace_KarenXxX Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2022
    I think everyone would do the same things with $500 million in the bank.

That they do now. Only bigger.

14. MaverickJedi85

MaverickJedi85 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 16, 2019
    In order
    -Buy houses or strongholds in strategic cities-free world only (NY, London, LA, Paris, etc)
    -Start a business related to green energies and/or electric vehicles
    -Open several philanthropic foundations (something local, personal touch, helping actual individuals, not faceless masses)
    -Travel all over the world
    -Frivolities: cars, books, music, SW collection, etc.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  15. pojes

pojes Jedi Youngling

Jun 5, 2023
    If I won a $500 million Powerball jackpot, I would prioritize financial security by investing a significant portion. This would provide long-term stability and allow me to pursue personal passions like travel, philanthropy, and possibly starting a business. Sharing a portion with family, like you mentioned, is a generous and important aspect of my plans, ensuring their well-being and happiness as well. It's important to balance personal fulfillment and responsible financial management when dealing with such a substantial windfall.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2023
  16. kingstondouglas

kingstondouglas Jedi Youngling

Jan 13, 2024
    I would travel the world and really just enjoy the time that I have here. Most of us are into this not for the money but for the freedom. We grind so hard because we believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Sure, I would love to go out and blow the money on fun stuff, but it wouldn't be worth losing the security that you have as a millionaire. The biggest benefit is that you no longer have to worry about money again.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024