main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI What Would You Like to See at CVI?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Beretta911, May 30, 2011.

1. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I'd like to see how Smith would handle not dropping f-bombs like he gets paid per use.

2. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I'm sure it would tuff for him to keep it PG! But I bet it would still be some really funny stuff!!! [face_laugh]

3. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    Oh, definitely bring back Star Wars in 30 Minutes. That was so great! I saw it at Celebration IV.

Also, Charles Ross the One-Wan SW Trilogy show is really good. I saw his show twice at Celebration V and the second time, he said "see you at Celebration VI". So I assume than means he will be there...

Remember the "Star Wars Stories" project from Celebration V? I don't know about you guys, but I never knew what they intended to do with this. Anyone know? Were they planning on releasing this on DVD or something? I'd really like to see that. Maybe they could do a screening of the best stories at Celebration VI and then maybe release a DVD?

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    WEIRD AL YANKOVIC!!!

I would love to see him and his all Jedi band at CVI!

The three most applicable songs he has are 'Yoda', 'The Saga Begins' and 'I Think I'm a Clone Now', but any of his tech geek satire songs would be good for this geeky crowd, and there are so many to choose from.

I think he's touring this summer for his new album, which maybe means that we wouldn't be touring next summer and maybe more available for CVI?

5. kina

kina Jedi Youngling

Jul 17, 2010
    I'd love to see David Prowse and Billy Dee Williams at CVI. I know there is supposed drama between Prowse and Lucas but they should be big boys and let it go for one weekend for the fans.

6. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    I think a fan music concert would be cool. I want to see mc chris perform Fett's Vette! (And Dengar's Dumptruck, IG-88, etc.) Wierd Al would also be cool, Star Wars Gangsta Rap, whatever. Fan interaction is awesome.

7. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    One of my favorite gems at CIV was Star Wars Celebrity, the American Idol-esque show that introduced me to the musical brilliance of JediPrincess77 Bethany Hamilton and Jovial Jay Shepard. Who could forget the swaying lightsabers to the tune of "Ani"? I was very disappointed by its absence at CV. Bring it back!

8. Beretta911

Apr 21, 2005
    +1 for Weird Al & MC Chris

I would definitely like to see a concert of Star Wars inspired music or cover songs, there is a lot of it out there and I feel it?s been mostly overlooked/underrepresented at past celebrations. It would be epic to have them perform for the fans!

Speaking of jewels of celebrations, I need to mention Amira Sa?id, the Slave Leia bellydancer. She puts on a really cool show. Hope to see her back again!

9. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Star Wars in 30 Minutes - I laugh all the way through even though I've seen it several times. It's so well-done.

Please more prequels - panels, merchandise, actors. The "Why We Love the Prequels" panel was just terrific -
    http://www.starwars.com/fans/events/cv_why_we_love_the_prequels/index.html
    Dave Filoni,James Arnold Taylor, Kyle Newman, Tom Hodges, Eric Geller - very compelling, passionate discussion and the room was standing-room-only.

- I would love to see Trisha Biggar. I know she was at CII but I wasn't. I love the panels on "the making of...." - behind the scenes stories, candid conversations etc.

Regarding the Star Wars stories - I participated and wonder what they did with all the filmed "confessionals". I gave it my all.

10. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I would like to see some high-quality apparel selections in the store.

For example, a hooded sweatshirt with the official C6 logo embroidered on the left chest and a big embroidered logo on the back would be awesome.

Or a polo/golf shirt with the embroidered C6 logo on the left chest.

11. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    So many great ideas!!! A lot of these were already mentioned, but I will second (or third, fourth, fifth...)

The Hoth Ice Bar-Didn't make it there during CV but wish I had. The one thing CV was missing for me was a cold adult beverage.
    Another Star Wars event at Disney. Whatever it is I'm sure I would go, had a great time at Last Tour.
    Saga and Clone Wars marathons on big screens.
    Archive exhibits from the films
    Parties every night (Wednesday-Sunday). I'd like the Forcecast and JC/FF to have one large party to rival the 501st (rival in scope/size/awesomeness, not conflict of day and time). I think combining forces (hehe) and holding the event in a larger venue would be very cool.
    I loved the creative writing workshops at CV, I'd attend those again.
    One Man Trilogy, Star Wars in 30 Minutes.
    Star Wars in Concert held during the week at the local venue. Same for Weird Al.
    Better design of t-shirts
    Star Wars EU authors
    Bring back the Clone Wars voice actors for the autograph hall and as many of the OT actors as possible(PT would be great too, but the OT folks are really starting to age, and who knows how long we will have them around to show them how much we appreciate their work?) If Celebration goes every other year then we should have many year ahead of us with the PT actors.
    A closing ceremony to help with closure for the event. It's such a let down when it ends, the ceremony might help to soften the blow.

12. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    As for guests I would like to see Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen. Apparently they will do shows where the price is about $75 for Ewan and $85 for Hayden - give or take.

And I would also like to see The Hoth Ice Bar back as I didn't found time to go in during CV. If it comes back, then I would make sure to pop in this time.

13. Beretta911

Apr 21, 2005
    Has Ewan ever done a sit down ticketed autograph / meet & greet event? I can't recall ever hearing about him ever doing a convention...My understanding was his public appearances were generally resigned to press conferences, premieres and TV shows to plug his movies.

$75 would be a bargain for Ewan, I can see it going way over $100+ into Mark Hamill territory.

14. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Don't know if he has ever done an actual convention, but apparently it has been inquired into the possibility of his appearence and if so how much an autograph would cost. The cost of autographs could of couse change depending upon a number of things, but the interesting thing - to me at least - is that it is possible to get both him and Hayden to a convention at reasonable cost.

15. dante144

dante144 Jedi Master star 1

May 26, 2005
    How about catered meal, like a buffet or something. People buy tickets before hand and it could be like a social thing. Breakfast with the fans, or Dinner with the fans. Something like that.

As for merch, Lucasfilm has a year and a half to figure out what we will buy.. To spiff up the official store. I hope they are watching threads like this!

16. Beretta911

Apr 21, 2005
    They had a fan club breakfast at C3 & C4, not sure why it didn't return for C5.

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I'd like to see a LFL panel where they give us some insight into the process of creating EPI in 3D.

18. sithhunter777

sithhunter777 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh this is easy. A Rancor Duelling pit would be nice. . . .

Personally since C3 is our only experience into this type of thing, all of my basis will be from that.

Vendors who don't rape you on prices would be nice.
    Ray Park is a must
    The unofficial lightsaber duelling area is good.
    I have seen footage of the laser tag at C5, I bet that was a blast. Wouldn't mind trying that.
    An RotJ emphasis is a must including the famed black jedi suit Mark Hamill was donning.

Maybe I will think of more. . .

19. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    From what I understood there was no official fan club anymore. Just like Hyperspace that went the wayside as well.

I think we could really do with out the dual arenas and fake lightsaber fighting as it just doesn't look good. If your going to do that, have a contest for best choreographed staged duel. That was you and your buddies can set it up and practice before you get to the convention and you won't look like little kids swinging at each other with wrapping paper tubes at Christmas.

20. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    That Celebration store area definitely took up too much floor space. Something else like the 501st and the helmets could have been displayed in that area instead of that smaller room.

21. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I would love to see a whole presentation about how they make The Clone Wars cartoons. Layout, programming, voices, sound, etc. I love technical people.

And I'd love to see costume designers. Has Trish Biggar ever been to a Celebration?

Still rooting for Weird Al as a guest, too.

22. Beretta911

Apr 21, 2005
    Speaking of helmets....

I'd love to see another helmet art project like the Vader project at C4 and the TK project at C5.....Maybe this time they could use the Boba Fett / Mandalorian helmet. Could work pretty good as part of a theme of ROTJ as well.

On as aesthetic note if they do something like that, I'd like to see the helmets displayed on individual stands like the Vader project, looked way nicer than the TK project display.

23. sithhunter777

sithhunter777 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2011
    Nice remark. You sure assume an awful lot there big shot. Listen, last time I checked there are a lot of little jedi and sith running around enjoying the idea of locking blades with someone. Before you remark give some thought to the perspective please

24. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    but the OT folks are really starting to age, and who knows how long we will have them around to show them how much we appreciate their work.

This sort of takes your breath away with the reality of it all. Even more so because I'm in their age bracket. - edge of the Baby Boomers -

I'd also like to see Opening and Closing ceremonies - everyone just sort of fades away back to the real world and that's tough enough as it is.

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    +1. A rush of emotion always comes over my wife and I when we check out of our hotel and begin our trip back home after a Celebration.