main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVI What Would You Like to See at CVI?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Beretta911, May 30, 2011.

1. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    I liked the music and the comic that did Jack Nicholson as Han Solo.
    At C-IV I thought I heard Steve Sansweet say that Star Wars Celebrity would be back for C-V. I started playing my guitar more often and working up a song for C-V, all for naught. A fan talent show would be fun for C-VI.

2. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    Agreed!

Does anyone know if Weird Al has ever been to a Celebration? He puts on such a great live show, that would be a highlight for me if he was at CVI! I'd pay extra! :D

Martha

3. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Unless he's gone in full costume or a mask, then no.

He'd fit right in! I'd even pay extra for it!

4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    SDCC and NYCC both have "Preview" days open to select groups of attendees.

Would you like to see a Celebration institute some kind of exclusive preview day as well?

5. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    I know that his daughter did a helmet for the 501st auction at CV...but I'm not sure if they were there to see it. (Although I would assume so?)

6. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Really??? Did you even read what I said and was referring to Sithhunter777.
    What I said was as far a dual arena or tournament for lightsaber fighting wouldn't fly. It would be a great place to start a law suit. It would be better to have a staged choreographed contest. Obviously you didn't read what I wrote and just assumed. As far as lots of little Jedi and Sith running around wanting to lock blades. Have at it. But don't try to make it into a contest as all it would take is one person to get hurt to ruin the whole thing.

7. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    I'd like to see the CVI Store implement a tiered discount program for fans.

Spend $100-$150 = 5% off your order
    Spend $151-$200 = 10% off your order
    Spend $201-$300 = 15% off your order
    Spend $300+ = 20% off your order

8. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I'd like to see leftover merch get marked down on the last day of the con....

9. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I'd like to see the marketing genius that made up the crappy CV stuff fired and bring in someone that has a GOOD idea or two.

10. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I'm quite the sentimental dude here, but I'd love to see FIREWORKS over the Orlando
    Convention Center on opening day towards the evening. A spectacle like that will be imprinted in my memory forever.[face_dancing]

11. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Wouldn't be possible, there's too much around the convention center. The closest place they could do them would be over the lake at Sea World.

12. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    O ya,,, I would like the chance to get a Hallmark exclusive this time. CV,everything was gone by 10:05

13. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Great! We could see it from the convention center/Rosen hotel.:D

14. Beretta911

Apr 21, 2005
    If they are gonna do FIREWORKS they should be at Disney during another Star Wars themed party....Hint Hint Lucasfilm & Disney!!!

It's a pipe dream but I wonder what it would take to get George Lucas in the autograph alley, it could be prohibitively expensive for many and possibly a crowd control nightmare. I wonder what it would take to get George out there to sign anyway?

15. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    A panel/concert with parody-ists/nercore artists. After talking about how SW influenced them, there could be a concert! Weird Al, BenTV, mc chris doing all his bounty hunter songs...
    Fett's Vette is the iconic and famous one, and Han Solo, the newest, is so much better than Jason Derulo's Ridin' Solo!
    Actually, any music thing at all will be cool. STAR WARS IN CONCERT PLEASE!
    SW-related music just has so much quality stuff. Lucasfilm should not ignore it like they do!

16. Redfivee

Redfivee Jedi Master star 2

Sep 28, 2008
    Yeah bring back Star Wars in Concert for C6.I saw it last June,the day after Star Tours 2 opened at Disneyland,and even though they weren't together everyone at Disney was excited and it felt like it was.Plus I'm sure Anthony Daniels will be there anyway,so put him to work.
    Also The One Man Star Wars Show is something I have never seen.I would like to see that too.

17. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I would love to see that one group, which was at C4 in Los Angeles.

They would use props, like a chairs bottom, to create a Tie Fighter. It was not only hilarious, it was VERY entertaining@!!!!

Hugs!

18. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I agree, Star Wars in 30 Minutes was much more fun than One Man Star Wars Show.
    Bring back Star Wars in 30 Minutes.

19. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010

With all the flak George Lucas has been getting lately, I wonder if the chances of him being there are less likely. Maybe he will just make a surprise appearance at Disney World again. Was CV his first one?

20. Beretta911

Apr 21, 2005
    In regards to George appearances, I believe Celebration 3 was his first at a celebration, he skipped 4 and obviously returned to 5.

Not sure about other cons.

21. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    George Lucas was also at the first official Star Wars Convention in 1987.
    I actually believe that was also called "Star Wars Celebration", though I could remember wrong.

22. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Just in case anyone at Reed Entertainment is reading this, I'd still love to see WEIRD AL YANKOVIC at CVI. And his band, too. In Jedi costumes would be cool, too.

And I'd love some animation demos. I'd love to see all the steps on how they put together the Clone Wars cartoons, especially about how the process has changed as they've made the series.

23. FRAGGLE_ROCKER

FRAGGLE_ROCKER Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 16, 2010
    Would it be too much to have a big screen sneak preview season premiere of The Clone Wars at Celebration VI?

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Would love to see a "Holy Trinity" 3-pack of Lucas, Williams, and McQ as an exclusive.

25. MiricaEclipse

MiricaEclipse Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2011
    I just have two words for you guys:

Origunal Cast!

I was so bummed that i couldn't go to CV, but when i found out i could go to this one? Whoo Hoo!

Meeting Mark Hammil, Carrie Fisher, Harrison Ford, Antony Daniels, and Kenny Baker has been on my bucket list for the longest time, and if i were to ever shake their hand, i'd probably chop it off and frame it... well, probably not, but you get the point!