main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series What would you like to see in the Kenobi TV series?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Hopeless, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    What would you like to see in a Kenobi TV series?
    This is just a thread for ideas however unlikely just to give us all inspiration for what we'd like to see?
    For example a rebel cell forms on Tattooine after Jabba the Hutt blows up their compound whilst they're off world maybe working for the Empire with this attack inspiring them to develop into a rebel cell drawing unnecessary attention to the world.
    Kenobi has to help them understand they have to head to another world with maybe one member understanding why perhaps recognising Obi-Wan or asked by Bail to relocate keeping that secret?

I just want an Inquisitor to run into Kenobi and what happens to them is so embarrassing the other Inquisitors avoid Tattooine never recognising what actually happened!

What would you like to see?

2. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    You mean, like the Inquisitor in question being tricked into thinking a Jawa is a Jedi or something like that? [face_laugh]

I imagine several choices can work with this series: internal problems with moisture farmers, pirates, Jabba´s henchmen, Tusken Raiders, a bounty hunter or someone in the lines of Legends´ Feltipern Trevagg, who had an innate ability to feel the Force, and could perhaps be on the fence about reporting Kenobi or not... and certainly, Obi-Wan´s Jedi training, that can open up to a lot of interesting dream/visionlike scenarios.

Kenobi having some sort of involvement that eventually encourages Jabba´s men and/or Tuskens to stay clear of him seems like an obvious choice. Oh, and a Krayt dragon. It sounds like a good chance to finally see one...

3. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Hello there.

I actually want it to perhaps jump back and forth between time-periods. As Obi-Wan Kenobi lives his life in the desert getting into all sorts of adventures, maybe have flashbacks to his time with Qui-Gon Jinn, his time in the Clone Wars, and what he did as soon as he hit Tatooine (besides giving Luke to Owen and Beru Lars of course). Aside from that, give us an Asharad Hett like character. I feel like the story is ripe for that.

As crazy as it sounds, I kinda want Obi-Wan to teach someone in the ways of the Force.

starocean90 and Ithorians like this.
  4. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    There could be something about how Obi learns to create that sound he makes to scare the Tuskens in ANH.

Possibly something about Uncle Owen hearing a bit more about Luke's dad to reinforce that he was trying to keep Luke on Tatooine and avoid a repeat of Darth Vader.

Some flashbacks would he good. Maybe he tells these in Mos Eisley to create his crazy old man image?

Some local activity with Jabba's gang, and hopefully some of the background characters in ROTJ. Definitely something to reinforce the "wretched hive of scum and villainy."

I hope they don't revisit the nest of Gundarks. Not everything needs to be seen!

Maybe a bit about how he gets on the Council.

I know I don't mention places other than some on Tatooine. My hope is we get to see more worlds and not just revisit old ones. Coruscant makes sense but only as a starting point for exploring the GFFA.

Merric likes this.
  5. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    My idea for an Obi Wan series.

Set a few years before ANH, the Empire is expanding throughout the galaxy and set their sights on Tattooine to build a recruiting centre.

As the recruitment and training facility is being built the Empire start to try and shut down Jabba's criminal operations on the planet, angering the crime lord.

The Empire start to levy heavy water taxes on the locals, with water evaporators being rationed to preserve the precious resource for the Empire.

Obi-Wan is forced into an uneasy alliance with Jabba and his gang to save the local population (including Luke) by sabotaging their fledgling conscription centre and driving them off the planet.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Logan in space. Minus the alcoholism. And with a less frantic tone. Emphasize the deep loneliness of his existence. Show how isolated and wild Tatooine is, and how that affects Obi-wan. I expect long silences. Hauntingly beautiful is the vibe I would go for. But with an edge of danger and near-madness.

7. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Some people will probably think this is sacrilege but I DO NOT want to see a lightsaber besides the possible adaptation of the final Maul duel from Rebels. That way the only times Kenobi ever uses a lightsaber is to protect Luke (against a bounty hunter in the SW comic, against Maul and in the cantina)

I DO NOT want to see young Luke. If we see any member of the Lars family, I only want to see Joel Edgerton return as Owen. I wouldn't mind some Qui-Gon voiceover or Yoda chats (like what we saw in Rebels). The only other blast from the past would maybe be Anakin/Vader in the same way he haunts Ahsoka's dreams(?) in Rebels

I think since Kenobi is a pathological liar we could hear him called Obi-Wan. There are ways to not call him that (young Kenobi/Padawan from Yoda and Qui-Gon would be good, crazy Old Ben/Kenobi from Owen and other people from Tatooine)

On a side note, we are (in 2019) fourteen years removed from RotS. If they go the broken man route (which was done in SW #7) I don't think it would matter. What I would think is more interesting though would be Kenobi learning to force ghost (If they decide on multiple seasons, both would be cool)

Lastly, if they decide to do only one season I would like the final Maul duel serves as an epilogue/post-credits of the series. Do whatever they need to do to make Ewan McGregor look as Sir Alec Guinness as possible whether it's makeup or digital (the FaceApp worked well) or both

Doompup, indydefense and Merric like this.
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The Searchers on Tatooine. Luke gets abducted by Tusken Raiders and Owen and Obi-Wan set out to look for him. It's mostly about their relationship as they struggle through the harsh environments of Tatooine. We never once leave Tatooine and barely see even a spaceship. Owen still remembers the Tuskens killing his stepmother so he's out for revenge. Obi-Wan is struggling with the guilt and grief of losing Anakin to the dark side. Twelve years in the desert have taken their toll on him. He isn't the man he once was. He's weakened and struggles to use his powers. The two bicker. They clearly don't care for each other. But together they eventually find and rescue the boy. Owen is grateful but is even more determined to keep Luke safe. And that means keeping him away from Kenobi. The end.

Or something else. I'm not too picky. :)

9. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    After thinking about it for a while, I've decided I'd rather have the entire series take place on Tatooine. Building on what Bor Mullet said, I think that allowing Kenobi to planet hop would take away from his sense of isolation and exile. Between the sand people and the crime lords, there's plenty of drama to be had on Tatooine. I'd really like to see some antagonism between Kenobi and Owen as well.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    From Journals of Old Ben Kenobi already cover a good portion of Kenobi's life on Tatooine, as did From a Certain Point of View.

The only thing that broke Kenobi from his order was attempting to rescue Satine, and did not go well. I don't see planet jumping while he's guarding Luke, and if he breaks discipline it would strange at this point.

At most he'd be having to deal typical ruffians and gangsters and Sand People. maybe some drama with Owen Lars. Perhaps very minor Imperial presence. Could be some Force stuff on Tatooine like there was on Lothal.

11. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Could always see him arrive and deliver Luke to the Lars at the start before a brief explanation about hwat he did before establishing a new home on Tatooine?
    The book provides an explanation of sorts about that call and where he got the idea from.
    Could easily use that as the basis but might get annoying unless they threw in some additional stuff to help beef up the series.
    Maybe a rebel cell draws imperial attention or the Hutts force Obi-Wan to surreptiously find ways of using the force to drive them away from his charges?

12. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Aside from potential Clone Wars flashbacks, Tatooine and only Tatooine.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Questions.

1. Why not a glimpse of young Luke? Or Beru? If we see Owen, it’s logical that we might see Luke.

2. Obi-wan is a pathological liar?

14. darthzac14

Nov 8, 2012
    I think it would be better if Luke only knows "Old Ben" by reputation. And by that I mean what his uncle says. And what would we see Beru for? Raising Luke

"I haven't gone by the name of Ob-Wan since before you were born."
    "I don't seem to remember ever owning a droid."
    "A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil... He betrayed and murdered your father."
    "There you will learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed me."
    He even lies by omission concerning Luke's family (Leia specifically). Which I guess is okay because of the non-attachment part of the Jedi Code
    Finally like all liars, Obi-Wan comes up with an excuse (which is always for the excuse maker): "So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view."

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Why were these lies?
    He didn't own the droids, did he? If anyone did, it was Anakin/Padme, and to a lesser extent Ahsoka. And didn't Yoda instruct younglings before they went out into the real world and trained on their own as Padowans with independent Master Jedi (i.e. Qui Gon)?

16. darthzac14

Nov 8, 2012
    R4-P17, unless you want to argue that that droid was owned by the Jedi Order

17. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Obi Wan had used his lightsaber to fight Black Krrsantan. Main reason why he didnt use it often on Tatooine was fear it would alert that's he's a Jedi and spoil his mission. So if thats that case, then we cannot expect much lightsaber play, unless the storyline for the series calls for him to battle someone that threatens his mission in protecting Luke like with Krrsantan and Maul.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    But when he told Luke, "I don't remember owning any droid", wasn't he looking at 3PO and R2 specifically?

19. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    OK, but if we see a young Luke in the show, that young Luke doesn't necessarily have to meet Obi-wan.

20. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    Yeah I agree. A Tatooine set film for the "current" - possibly even covering several years.

It must've been difficult living like a hermit for all that time knowing Vader and Palpatine were out there building an Empire. That's quite haunting.

But some flashbacks might be good. It'd make more of a contrast with Tatooine if we see other worlds.

21. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    The story if it does come to pass is one I have thought about. It all depends on whether or not they decide to open the vault and dig out some Legends material and bring it back into Canon. There was a series of Novels called "The Last of The Jedi" and Obi-Wan was featured in 2 of them. What I liked about it, is that he did actually leave Tattooine temporarily (At the request of Qui-Gon) to go searching for a former Padawan who had left the order many years prior to order 66 (Ferus Olin). And in the FACPOV novel Qui-Gon and Obi-wan do communicate, so it may be unlikely, but they do have some material to work with.

At first I was dead set against him leaving Tattooine, but after going over those Legends novels again, I am not as opposed to it.

whostheBossk and Merric like this.
  22. Merric

Merric Jedi Master star 3

Jan 26, 2013
    I hope they stay as far away from the rebellion vs empire stuff as possible. I always liked the idea that Obi-wan stayed completely isolated for the most part, not interfering with the new era. I'm expecting we'll get a lot of meditating and talking with Qui-gon. Obi-wan talking to a young Luke would be fun. Flashbacks episodes would... Oh man, they would be so good.
    i'm interested to see if Obi-wan ever leaves the planet at all. I doubt he would considering his sole purpose for being there is to hide and tom protect luke

23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    I would like at least a few minutes devoted to why Owen developed such antagonism towards Kenobi in those nineteen years. I'm guessing that Beru went off one day to pick mushrooms off the vaporators when a mysterious and dashingly handsome cloaked figure appeared from behind a rock...

'Well, hello there....'

Wildcatbarry, Doompup and cwustudent like this.
  24. Bossk_Baby

Bossk_Baby Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 1, 2018
    I want to see him do everything. Fight Maul. Fight Vader. Hire Chewbacca for smuggler runs. Work with Jabba, Hondo, Boba Fett. Go to Alderaan and visit Leia and Bail. Go to Dagobah and visit Yoda. Fight Tusken raiders. Fight Krayt Dragons. Fight Snoke. Hang out with Lando for some reason. Secret mission with Cassian and K2 (cross over episode!) Get stuck with 3PO and R2 for an episode. Meet Dr Aphra. Mission with Saw. Partner up with Bossk. Infiltrate Coruscant. Reunite with Ahsoka. Fight cyborg Mace Windu. Get into a fight in the Senate chambers with Palps.

We’ve got 19 years of timeline to play during which many major PT and OT characters are alive and well. And Ewan is up for it. Sorry to the folks insisting he be a hermit the whole time to maintain continuity. But I say let’s go all out. Kenobi Cinematic Universe! Six seasons and a trilogy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I'd see him on Tatooine only, but the idea of flashbacks that run parallel to/inform the current story (however they might be done de-aging-wise) would be a good one. Since we know the Story Group provides ideas like Saw to use existing animated canon characters to fit needed character types, I'd love to see flashbacks to the Obi-Wan / Satine relationship perhaps in parallel to a new love interest, with Obi-Wan not sure to what extent the Jedi code applies to his new life... or something like that.

DannyD likes this.