main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Whatever Happened to?

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Mithrawnurodo, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Mithrawnurodo

Mithrawnurodo Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2005
    WARNING: The below contains some rambling reminisces that may not be suitable for all readers. Reader nostalgia is advised.

I find myself in the odd position of having been a member of this board for almost half of my life...a not terribly active member to be sure, but I have never seen the point of posting something just to post it ;)

Anyhow, I was on a nostalgic kick recently and watched a bunch of stuff like the making of Star Wars Revelations (Zap was and is an amazing VF artist), Broken Allegiance and its VFX videos, etc. Great stuff that still entertains me all these years later.

I'm curious about some of the major projects/productions that I used to follow with great interest, like Backyard Productions, IMPS:The Relentless, Sins of the Jedi, Tyderium, and a few others whose names escape me, but who produced some amazing trailers.

Are any of these projects still gestating?

I do know that Backyard Productions website hasn't been updated since 2015, I keep hoping they will announce some new project (doesn't even have to be Star Wars related) but they seem pretty dormant.

The guy that did Revelations, is he up to anything interesting anymore?

Wasn't there a project looking for lightsabre roto artists a few years ago that was something set in the NJO? I applied back then but never heard anything back.

There is a small part of me that hopes that at some point we will get the rest of How the Sith Stole Christmas, Storm Ahead will be released, etc but I know that's incredibly unlikely. But I can still hope ;)

Seems like the biggest fan film effort going on right now is Dark Resurrection Vol 2 over in Italy. Which is very impressive to be sure, but I keep hoping the forums will start lighting up around here some more with a bunch of new projects in light of the new movies.

Also we need Ryan v Dorkman 3 to be made(assuming Michael is recovered enough from his injuries of course). Heck, I'll kick in towards it if one of them did a Kickstarter!

I have to admit that I kind of miss the days when the excitement around Star Wars was so high that we had dozens of threads with teenagers promising that they were making the world's KOOLEST FANFILM and asking for help. Yeah sometimes it could be a little annoying to read another thread about some zillion page plot that was "almost done written and oh btw how do I do lightsabres and where can i find 3d models to download lol" but that level of excitement was pretty neat to see :)

Okay that was kind of rambling, but I just felt like posting some call backs on projects that I used to follow with great interest and hope to at some point see a couple defy the odds and get finished. :)

This forum has given me many hours of fun, especially when I was a teenager and basically lived on here, reading the fan fiction and eagerly following project updates.

VaderBoyee and Sinrebirth like this.
  2. CernStormrunner

CernStormrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2000
    A couple i've been wondering about...

The Renaissance Chronicles - they had a pretty cool trailer, and i remember something about them buying a landspeeder / car

There was one about an Imperial Guard hunting a rebel cell down - the trailer had a Kid Rock song. Last I remember something happened with Mountain Dew spilling on their external HD.

3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Was that Prelude to Hope? I seem to remember that being about an Imperial Guard, and I think there was some modern music in the trailer(s?). I haven't rewatched those trailers for many years though. :p

CernStormrunner likes this.
  4. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    YES!!! I couldnt remember the name of it for the life of me

Renaissance Chronicles changed its name but i cant find anything on Google about it. I should still have the trailer downloaded at home though.

--edit-- its now "Sandrima Rising" and the trailer is here:

There is still a Facebook page but i dont see any updates since october 2017

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  5. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    I asked the Sandrima Rising Facebook group is the film was still ongoing, they replied that they are "Just working on the financing."

Mithrawnurodo likes this.
  6. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    any news on Seven Jedi?
    And whatever happened with Prelude to Hope? Last i remember they had an audiodrama prequel?

7. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    Now those are fan films I haven’t heard in a long time. A long time.

8. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    This is bringing back a lot of memories.

9. Mithrawnurodo

Sep 27, 2005
    I had forgotten about Seven Jedi, I remember getting very excited about it back in the day. They were filming in Hawaii or somewhere like that weren't they? I remember being excited about a film that wasn't in another generic forest :D

10. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    yeah, hawaii. the backgrounds looked gorgeous.

11. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    Seven Jedi links:

12. Ephisus

Ephisus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    How about that Linn Brothers film? Heart of the Rebellion?

13. Mithrawnurodo

Sep 27, 2005
    I'm pretty sure it was released like 7-8 years ago. Wasn't that the one where they stopped production when they were getting close to complete and then redid and reshot everything?

14. HK_802

HK_802 Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2020
    IMPS The Relentless is still kicking. I just put up a post asking for modeler help, haha. Chapters 4 and 5 are filmed and currently getting things setup for VFX and voice overs.

15. Qui-Ton-Set

Qui-Ton-Set Jedi Master star 2

May 7, 2006
    Hi all, Since TENCLO we at Backyard Productions made an original scifi movie called THE DRIFT. Check it out!
    Too long? Here is the trailer...
    Then I went on to make a film short in the same DARKWAVE Universe called Edge of the Storm ..

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  16. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    found the Prelude to Hope trailer

VaderBoyee likes this.
  17. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    So this was just posted on the 7JEDI facebook page:

A long time ago in a Galaxy far far away... I attempted to make a homage to Akira Kurosawa and George Lucas called SEVEN JEDI as my first film project,production design,costumes, props, script and cinematography by me, all that remains are the pictures of amazing memories of a project I didn't complete due to unfortunate events that shaped my destiny that put me on a path to film and television. May the 4th be with you!

TCF-1138 likes this.
  18. Mithrawnurodo

Sep 27, 2005
    Dang it

19. Chad_Peter

Chad_Peter Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 9, 2000
    Ah, Prelude to Hope. They also attempted a remake called Prelude 2 Hope. Neither one of them ever finished (I was the DP on the second attempt). I have a copy of the original rough cut of the original on my computer, but I know they don't want it out in the world. hahah...

Not sure there'll ever be a "RVD3", unfortunately. :confused:

I wanna know where the "PA Wars" guys went on to.

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    PA Wars was brilliant. I had forgotten about those.

21. Mithrawnurodo

Sep 27, 2005
    I had to go through and rewatch it, still holds up well for what its trying to do. I love the creative way they did Yoda, its weird how well it works.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  22. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    [​IMG]

Seriously - are you still in contact with them? I understand its a rough cut, but i'd still like to see it. I was really looking forward to the film back in the day.

23. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
  24. CernStormrunner

Jul 6, 2000
    I shared the link to this thread over on the Sandrima Rising FB page.
    Was re-watching the trailer and really wish Mel's Miniatures could make an X-Wing Mini scaled version of the Renaissance....

25. VaderBoyee

VaderBoyee Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2021
    Boy, you love Sandrama alot, Cern!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022