main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Whatever Tomorrow Brings (Dear Diary Challenge 2008) -- Completed 12/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PHGS_Weyr

PHGS_Weyr Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2006
    So the mysteries deepen!

Great job Cei!

Love these two they're becoming favourites!

Thanks for the pm!

PHGS Weyr

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    And to think, I almost forgot about this. :oops: Silly me.
    Hence, having the Diary Sock send me a reminder today, here's a small update.

He showed me to his speeder ? a red thing with fins it seemed and equipped to win all sorts of races ? and was a gentleman for opening the door for me. I tried making myself feel comfortable in the leather seats but the material kept squeaking beneath me depending on how and which way I moved.

As Devon started the vehicle, he donned a pair of black shades to block out the sun. I have to admit, he looked good.

He turned down the volume of the radio and off we went, to a destination he still refused to tell me. We flew to meet a queue of other speeders and ships, waiting to break to the right and fly over the city. I watched as the buildings passed beneath us, seeing the inhabitants as tiny pecks on the surface.

Silently we flew on, and I frowned when I noticed we were headed away from the populated area to the industrial zone. Wads of smoke and ill smelling fumes seemed to surround everything in these parts of the city.

Arching a brow I gave Devon a sidelong glance, ?Where are we going?? I asked for the third time and for the third time he just smiled, without saying a word.
    As I gazed out the window, I couldn?t really seem much besides smoke. I managed to pretend seeing figures of my imagination; as a child I used to gaze to the clouds and guess at their various shapes and sizes.

It kept me busy for a while.

The speeder descended through the haze of white smoke and when the view cleared I was surprised to see a patch of green right in front of us. And this in an industry zone? I was even more surprised nature had survived this long.

Devon parked the speeder beside a large bush-like green plant and hopped out. I was right behind him, now very interested in what this was all about.

He held out his hand and I gratefully grasped it, keeping close to him as he led the way into the small ?woods?. I wondered if it was naturally grown; perhaps some people on Denon hadn?t completely lost their minds and had decided to keep a few trees and grass. Although why all this was kept rather hidden in the industrial quarter of the capitol, I can?t guess.

We walked further and suddenly I heard feint music coming from up front. I cast a questioning gaze in Devon?s direction and still his smile was in place.

The music got louder and from afar I recognized flickering yellow lights. There was a fire going and I had to laugh.

After another few minutes, we arrived at a clearing in which dozens of people either lay scattered on the ground, or were jumping around the fire. The flames flickered high into the air, the smell of burning wood all around us.

The music was magnificent. A young girl stood near the dancers, a long flute attached to a round casing made from a matte material, in her hands; she moved in circles and smiled in between the high notes, watching as her friends whirled and spun around themselves.
    It really did look like fun.

?What is this place?? I asked, intently curious.

Devon leaned down and whispered, ?A few of us come here to enjoy the evening. Drink a few beers, listen to Maya playing her instrument.? He inclined his head to the dancers, ?And when they?re in a really good mood, the start to dance.?

They seemed so at peace with themselves. Their faces showed only happiness and glee and I wanted to be part of that for a while. If only for a few minutes, I wanted to forget.
    ?These are your friends??

Devon nodded. He pulled me towards the clearing and waved at the people who noticed us. They greeted him in return, their smiles even growing wider.
    He stopped as a young boy came our way. Devon reached out to ruffle the boys? hair and laughed, ?You?ve gotten taller again.?

The boy nodded curtly, ?I?ll be as big as you soon. And then I can finally beat you.?
    Devon laughed good naturedly, ?In your dreams maybe.?

The boy extended a finger and pointed at Devon?s midsection, the smile still plastered across his features,

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Tickled to have an update. And so glad they were able to have a good time with Devon's friends. They seem a warm and lively lot. It says a lot that he wants Marrim to be part of that close circle. :)

4. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    It's good that she could let loose and relax. :)

Can't wait for more.

5. jadesabre75

jadesabre75 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 14, 2007
    Ah. I loved this snippet! Loved seeing her able to relax and let lose. And convince him to have fun too. Great job!

6. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    I hadn't forgotten about this, but was wondering when we'd see an update. thanks for the PM.

I like the place Devon took her. It seemed so normal and yet so freeing. She needed a place to let go for awhile.

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    And for a few hours I was able to forget.

I don't mean this to sound callous, but that was probably the best thing anyone could have done for her and I'm glad she got that little bit of a break.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Great post!

This was a wonderfully lovely post!

Thanks for the PM!

PHGS Weyr

9. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    It was late when Devon finally convinced me it was time to leave. I didn?t want to go. I could have stayed at the small fire sight and enjoyed the night until dawn shoved the stars away. We headed back in silence; my mind wandered everywhere at once it seemed. I thought about the past, the present and a future I wished for myself and my sister.

And that?s when my mood plummeted again. I groaned and closed my eyes as Devon drove; the man?s attentive, I?ll give him that. He threw me a quick glance, ?You okay??

?I?m fine. Just tired.? I held back a sigh and shrugged, ?Sometimes I wish I could just make my brain stop working; so I wouldn?t have to think for a little while.?

Devon surprised me by laughing out loud and then he gave me a side long glance with a raised brow, ?Doesn?t that actually happen at least once a month with you women??

I arched a brow while smirking at him but I couldn?t help the laugh that escaped me, ?Hush, you.?

Silence remained as Devon piloted the little speeder back home. I took a quick look at the chrono in the dashboard, surprised that it was already so late. I?d have about four hours of sleep before getting up to see Ti?ana. Maybe she?d be doing better already? Maybe she?d jump at me and hug me like she always used to? But I knew this was only wishful thinking so I gazed back to Devon. I watched him in the darkness, memorizing his face as he was bathed in colorful lights from the outside. There was no doubt in my mind and I kept telling myself over and over again: this man was very handsome.

And I was sitting right next to him! The urge to giggle like a little girl surfaced but I withheld.

Barely.

But it felt good. There was a sudden feeling of stampeding banthas throughout my stomach but it really felt good.

Devon parked the speeder a silent while later and I cleared my throat as I got out. Somehow I didn?t really want to leave the enclosed space with him.

I took a quick look around ? we were in the public lot of the building Ti?ana and I lived in. It was eerily quiet and I felt a shiver run through me, mixing up with the ever stampeding banthas.

?You sure you?re alright??

I frowned at Devon and slowly walked around the speeder to stand in front of him. ?I?m fine. Stop asking.?

He smiled a wicked little smile before his arms suddenly encircled my waist and I was flat up against him. Muscle hard chest but soft grip around me. I could have melted. My pulse was racing away and I fought to keep breathing normally ? I didn?t want him to notice how nervous I was.

?I hate saying good-bye to you.? Devon whispered as he leaned down and planted a tiny kiss on my neck.

Irrational as it was, I didn?t want him to leave. I felt different around him somehow; he made me smile and he made me laugh, I knew he?d be there just to talk if I needed him to be. He made me feel secure.

?Stay a little while longer.? I whispered and was surprised at myself. All in all it would have been the first time I ever invited a man inside my home at this hour of the morning.
    I felt him tense up a bit and then he grinned. Mischievously.

?Are you sure?? A husky whisper as he kissed his way up to my jaw and suddenly nibbled the earlobe. I shivered from head to toe. ?I might just take advantage of the situation.?
    Pictures of us being together ? naked, obviously ? crossed my mind and I couldn?t help but smile. So very alluring but then common sense kicked in. On the one hand I really wanted him to accompany me but on the other hand ? it was way too soon. I scowled at myself but then I agreed. Definitely too soon and I was certain it would ruin the friendship we built up together.

Instead of giving him a decent answer I turned my head a little so I could kiss him. The surprised moan that escaped him was?well, sexy as hell, I have to admit. I?m not usually one to take the initiative when it comes to the opposite sex, but this time I felt the need to.
    I wondered if Devon actually knew how much his mere presence was actually helping me. I wanted to tell him but I didn?t w

10. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    [face_love] @};- [face_love]

Yeah sock reminders! [face_dancing] [face_laugh]

This was so sweet. Thanks for the PM. :)

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't believe I missed this before! I'm going to get caught up, but please include me on your PM list!

=D=

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEEEEEEEE! I'm glad they didn't give into the moment but it's great they both wanted to. Their feelings are motivated by more than hormones and deserve to be explored. But Marrim's right to concentrate on Ti'Ana right now. LOL line--about women not thinking straight once a month. [face_laugh] Splendid update. :D So tickled to see it upped too. :)

13. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Ooooo. Mush. I love mush. Especially Kyp mush. LOL Great job Ceillean!

14. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    *Sigh*

A lovely, romantic evening

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

I hope she enjoys it to the fullest before the morning - and reality - come.

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

15. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    great job!

this is a great story can't wait for more!

16. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    So sweet! :*She needs that comfort, but Devon also just seems to be a good guy.

I'm still loving the voice you bring to this! Great work.

I'm glad they're cautious...it'll happen! :D

17. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    I spent most of the next day at Ti?ana?s side. I left the apartment early in the morning and I?d been surprised to see Alaris already there. She?d given me a short, reassuring smile and I sat down on a chair in the corner and watched her do her work.

She had her hands splayed above Ti?ana?s torso and I kept wondering when I?d see blue fireworks flicker from her fingers. My imagination ran wild as I watched, asking myself what exactly it was she was doing but held back my questions. I didn?t want to disturb her.

Ti?ana almost slept through the entire day. When she was awake her eyes darted around and I thought I saw a small smile on her face, but I?m not entirely sure. I sat by her bed, holding her small, delicate hands for hours after Alaris had left. I was shocked at how pale she was and tears blurred my sight.

A nurse had come in to bathe her and I sent the nurse away, wanting to do it on my own. There wasn?t anything else I was able to do and I felt the painful need to do something. Anything.
    I whispered good-bye and kissed her forehead as she slept silently. But I had to get back to the every-day life. My boss had called before I?d left for the hospital, asking me to come back to work. Who was I to say no? He?d fire me on the spot, I was sure of it and I had rent and bills to pay.

So, for me, life went on ? alone.

Before heading home I decided to see what Devon was up to. It was the obvious thing to do, I thought. But he wasn?t home and I debated if I should check the space port. I didn?t want to seem too clingy but I didn?t want to be alone either.

When I had time to think, I started remembering our old home. They were happy memories, a life I?d love to have back but I life that was no longer possible. And that fact hurt.

Slowly I made my way to the space port where he spent his free time tinkering away on his ship. I?d never asked him what he did for a living ? I knew nothing about him and I decided I?d ask him when the time was right. I liked Devon. Maybe even a little too much, after everything that had happened. I feared deep within me that he might inadvertently hurt me. Not by saying a stupid word or lashing out at me but by just simply leaving. What if I let my feelings for him grow and someone would take him away? What if he?d die just like everyone else I?d ever called a friend?

It was a thought I banned to the back of my mind. I needed to focus on the now and not conjure up dilemma?s of a possible future.

I almost ran to the space port. My feet took me there in only minutes and the bodily exertion felt great. My heart threatened to jump from my chest, pumping against my ribs like crazy. There was a stitch in my side but it didn?t bother me. I caught my breath after a while and then I laughed. I stood before the space port and I laughed, throwing my head back and just letting go.

I ignored people?s stares and I kept laughing until tears clouded my vision. It was an indescribable feeling. I couldn?t remember the last time I?d laughed like this.
    I calmed down a while later, wiping at happy tears running down my cheeks. Taking deep breaths and forcing a wide grin into an almost human smile, I headed towards the section of private hangar decks. All along the corridor I caught sight of various guards, dressed in different uniforms. I guessed depending on who they worked for, they needed to wear different clothing.

I stopped walking when I heard shouts and a high pitched scream coming from the hangar deck I knew Devon?s ship was parked. I recognized Asya?s voice and then a dark grumble I thought to be Devon. I couldn?t understand what they were saying but both seemed to be very angry.

Devon?s private part of the space port wasn?t guarded so I walked in, making sure not to make too much noise. My curiosity was getting the better of me so instead of barging in, I kept quiet and tried to listen.

I know eavesdropping isn?t the nicest thing to do but it?s the easiest way to accumulate information.

I heard Asya throw out a string of curses directed at her brother and a

18. iamobiwan1970

Aug 23, 2005
    Hey I'm first! :D I warn you, just before reading this I just finished reading something very emotional. We'll see how this review goes!

Oh! This was sweet and it lifted my mood. Seems Ti'ana might be improving and the romance is definately improving. So I approve! =D=

Very visual. I can picture her running to the spaceport and Devon pullling Merrim into his arms.

:D

19. jadesabre75

Nov 14, 2007
    Nummy! Mush! LOL Now, should I be worried that he was a little mad there....[face_worried]

Awesome job!!!!!

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    You think you're addicted LOL!!!! Splentab update!!
    =D= Huggles!!!

21. PHGS_Weyr

Apr 11, 2006
    Great job!

And can i ask just who isn't addicted to mush?

PHGS Weyr

22. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Mmmm, yummy! Yup, I'm addicted, too. :D

Of course, you do know what that means.

More soon, please! [face_batting]

23. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    ?Stay.? he whispered after breaking the kiss.
    I swallowed before answering, ?I will.?

*swoon*

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

It's wonderful Marrim has Devon.

I'd hate to think of her going home to cry before forcing herself through work...

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

24. Cem_Fel

Cem_Fel Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2006
    Yeah, finally I have finished reading you latest update :D I think, I missed some... But I come back after some time.

I liked the last chapters and the way it slowly progressed. Marrim and Devon are a cute couple and both of them have their secrets... Okay, Marrim less than Devon at the time. I hope, he won't break her heart.[face_worried]

Although I would love to know something more about Ti'anas disease. It sounds a bit mysterious.

25. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Thanks everyone for reading! [:D]

We stayed in his ship most of the night. He seemed distant when he spoke and I felt his anger throughout the hours I spent with him. When I tried discussing his sister he blocked the questions, either not answering at all or changing the subject in a heartbeat.

?Why are you fighting with Asya?? I asked while nipping at a glass of red wine he?d poured for the both of us. I was surprised to see that he had a small cooling unit packed with everything I could have hoped for ? even ice cream which I tried not to devour on sight, afraid that I?d lose my lady like face in front of Devon.
    We sat facing each other in a small recreation area aboard his ship. It was a comfortable little place, with plush green furniture nailed to the metal boards.
    Devon cleared his throat and dragged a hand through his spiky, blond hair, ?How?s your sister doing??

I bit down on my tongue and hoped my face didn?t betray the annoyance I was feeling at that moment. I tried telling myself that it was none of my business but something told me this was far greater than a simple sibling squabbling. And I wanted to help in any way possible. Plus, I hate secrets.

?Devon.? I leaned back and sighed, ?I don?t want to invade your privacy but I?m worried about you. What?s going on??

He shook his head and clamped his jaw shut. I could almost see his mind working fervently and when he spoke I was surprised at the softness of his voice, ?I don?t want you involved.?

That?s all he said and he ignored any further questions concerning the topic. But it had me even more curious. Knowing I wouldn?t be able to get a word out of him I thought about maybe speaking to Asya instead. I was certain Devon would be angry if he found out but maybe he wouldn?t find out and at least my curiosity would be sated.
    ?Ti?ana?s doing alright, concerning the circumstances.? I said, using the spoon I was holding to mesh around in the already melted ice cream. As a little girl I?d wait until the ice cream was fully melted and then I?d gulp it down as if drinking water. I loved to do that as a child and I honestly thought about drinking it up at that moment but I held back, again wondering what Devon would think of me.

?I?m glad to hear that.?

The rest of the night went on exactly like this. I asked questions I hoped he would answer and when he did, he made sure I knew not to prod further. It was getting increasingly aggravating and sometime around four in the morning, I got up and gathered up my coat, ?I think I should go.? I said slowly, watching as he turned towards me; there was a flicker of emotions within his eyes I couldn?t recognize and I was oddly disappointed when he nodded and led me to the ramp.

Outside in the hangar I let a deep frown surface on my forehead and was about to keep walking towards the exit when he grabbed my elbow and spun me around.

?Listen. I?? His voice faltered and he averted his gaze for a moment, seeming to take deep breaths to get himself back under control. And I wanted to know why and I was angry at him for not letting me in on his worries.

?I don?t want to mess things up.? He said, reaching up to cup my face in his hands, ?You?re precious to me, Marrim. And that?s why I can?t have you involved in what?s going on.?
    My eyes darkened and I stepped away, ?Alright.? I bit out and turned again, surprised to see Devon run up into my way. He held his palms out as if wanting to stop me, ?Dammit, Marrim, please don?t make this any more difficult than it already is.?
    ?I?m not. I was only leaving.?

He narrowed his eyes at me, ?I wish you would just accept this ??

?Oh I am accepting this, Devon. I?m accepting that you want to solve your problems on your own and I do understand. I?m also accepting the fact that by doing so, you?re pushing me away. I want to help you and you don?t want my help. I understand this as well. So please don?t be surprised when I leave because then it won?t hurt me so to see you worried and declining my help.?

I moved passed him and stalked away,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.