main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's happening?

Discussion in 'Archive: South Africa' started by Detonating-Rabbit, Mar 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Hey, I'm Deto, formerly from South Africa and now living in Australia. I thought it would be interesting to see what was happening in SA, considering it's been quite a while since I was there (1995). I used to live in Jo'burg, and Durban...

Is there much of a FF community, or not such a great fanbase. There is over here, anyway. :)

So, anyone able to fill me in...?

2. lookatitthisway

lookatitthisway Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    theyve started worshipping gimli..

3. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    Really? o_O

Wow...if that's all that's happened in the last 10 years... ;)

4. Maryke

Maryke Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2005
    We're not worshipping gimli :p

Dude, you can be very glad you're not in SA anymore. Things have gone from bad to worse in my opinion. Not only are they striking like it's going out of fashion, ROTS was on circuit for only three weeks, and it didn't even show in Potchefstroom. That's just sad. At least I know I'm not the only SW fan in SA, but we're definitely a minority.

5. darkinhere

darkinhere Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    That's a shame. I dropped by to see what's happening, and it looks like the board is dead!
    Anyway, "howzit" [face_peace] from another ex-Joburger (Boksburg and Alberton to be specific)
    Now living back in England after 16 years. Any more of you out there? :confused:

6. Daniel_L

Daniel_L Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Rots was in JOZI for Two Months

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.