main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's in a Name?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Jan 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taiello

taiello Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2000
    I've sent off emails to you two guys. I look forward to talking to you.

2. Rogue36

Rogue36 Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2000
    Hi ! It is actually quite frightening how similar I look to Dart Maul, I could be Darth Maul when he was younger ( I am 15 ). I have acting experience, I live in Canada. Contact me at rogue36@home.com

3. Jedi Flaco

Jedi Flaco Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2000
    Hey I know this guy that has a lot of info on Darth Maul..he's up in northern cali..goes by the name of George..

seriously though...the movie was just made last year. The only info you'll find that's not from the big guy himself is what some timeline writer or book author decided to make up for maul..so just make up your own origins.

it's a FAN film..be the fan and do what you want.

Flaco

4. taiello

taiello Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2000
    Great point Flaco. I think my biggest fear starting out was that I'd release the film and all the "uber-fans" would inundate me with scores of email stating that "Jedi's only part their hair to the left" or "The film was fine but Maul spoke with a lisp until his 22nd birthday".

5. Jedi Jew

Jedi Jew Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2000
    Im interested. I live in Chicago right by Loyola Uni.

jedijew@yahoo.com

6. tcheb

tcheb Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey,

I'm in Michigan, about 4 hours from Chicago, but I make the trip regularly. I'm also making a film - maybe we can talk offline?

elichten@cybernet.com

7. pitdroid777

pitdroid777 Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 1999
    Hey come to my site and fill out the submit form. I'll list ya. http://www.welcome.to/swffd. http://www.welcome.to/swffd.

8. C3-Pete-O

C3-Pete-O Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2000
    I am with Flaco on this one. I wouldn't worry too much about what has been done before. I mean, George Lucas is just a man, and his movies are just... well movies. Very entertaining movies that have ignited the imagination of a number of people. This is your turn to shape the mythology. So if you have an engaging story, then go with it.

That being said, I seem to recall reading somewhere that Jude Watson wrote something about Darth Maul. I think it is one of those Scholastic Journals. So if you wanted to follow the franchise, you might look into that.

Also, I assume if you are going to have Maul as the central character, you are going to want to show him doing his thing against other lightsaber equiped opponents. If you are overly concerned about meshing your movie with TPM you should consider that in the movie the Jedi Council was taken completely by surprise at the suggestion that the Sith were still in existence. So if you have Jedi encounter Maul in your movie, you might have a tricky time explaining how word about their encounter does not reach the council. Just killing off the Jedi before they send word back might not be enough because the disappearance of a couple of Jedi would really catch the council's attention.

But that is only if you care. My feeling is that it is your movie, so do what you want.

I'm actually not that far from Chicago (Madison, WI). I may be able to help, but I am not sure how much. It turns out I am teaching a class this summer so my time will be a bit limited.

Cheers

P

[This message has been edited by C3-Pete-O (edited 05-15-2000).]

9. taiello

taiello Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2000
    Some very good points. Actually, well 2 things really:

1. When an author decides that he's going to write a Star Wars novel (assuming he gets the rights) Lucasfilm tells the author that any subject matter and/or location is acceptable as long as they don't contradict anything that has been written before. My planning and research into Maul has not really been so that i won't tick off a major fan but I'd like to see an effort made between fan films (mainly) where the storylines (especially storylines featuring the same character) compliment instead of clash with each other (talk about your "run-on" sentences!). My dream is that someone could download 4 or 5 fan films and really believe that they all have something to do with the same universe (despite the halmarks of buzzwords and props).

2. Very good points about what is known in TPM but when my story ends, Maul is not Darth Maul yet and he's not a Sith (he doesn't even know at that point that his path leads to being a Sith). It's obvious at the end that he has embraced the Dark Path but he doesn't yet know where it will lead him.

The first draft was just finished and my production team is ripping it apart as we speak. My brother has, indeed, dropped the part of Maul to concentrate on being the DP so that part is open. If anyone would like further info please email me at:

taiello@mindspring.com

10. Hakushi

Hakushi Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2000
    I've got a Canon XL1 and would be willing to help out with filming. vadersp@home.com

11. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Actually, what you may or may noit know, is that Maul had a sixth toe until he turned 11, but it was removed in a lightsaber accident. he had his appendiz out when he was 14, and it grew and mutated into the being later to be known as Jabba the Hutt. Mauls Tattoos are the result og a drunken rampage through the steets of Coruscant, where he stumbled into a tattoo parlour, and was then tattooed all over his place, and also across his *** . (Its not publicly known that Maul has George Lucas's face tattooed across both cheeks)
    Just thought u would like to know about that. BTW, Maul only spoke with a lisp until he was 21.
    I aim to please!
    The Scream Man.

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Just bumping this up so that it's not lost.

13. Jean

Jean Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    Upping for the move

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.