main
side
curve

What's the big idea! (Celebration party, reg follow up)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Oscar_the_Gungan, Mar 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oscar_the_Gungan

Oscar_the_Gungan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2001
    All I did was look at that link someone came up with on the Celebration Party thread and I received an email from GenCon about illegal activity. They said someone hacked their site to get the link. I hope this doesn't jeopardize my C3 and fan club breakfast registrations. I didn't even try to purchase the tickets.
    Just a word of warning if you look at the thread don't click the link or you will get a warning from GenCon!

EDIT: clarified the title to ensure clarity and non-repetition of topics

2. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Well aware of the situation.......Lindsay Ohman and Gen Con are trying to find the hacker now......wait and see what happens. Don't worry. Your registrations are fine for now as long as something like this doesn't happen again.

3. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    Yeah, I'm not trying any link for that site again unless it comes from an offical source.

4. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    smart idea......

5. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    yeah, I got real paranoid, I kept checking the GenCon site to see if my registration is still there. Which they are. And then I got paranoid that going to the site was going to somehow get me in trouble. I need to take a chill pill I guess.

6. Captain_Typho

Jul 30, 2003
    I actually accidentally ordered a ticket to the thing. They charged my account and then refunded the money and gave me the slap on the wrist e-mail. I know there is one rather pissed off Lindsay Ohman at Gen Con right now.

7. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Force Ghost star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    OK, so they said the 8th (today) I guess the waiting begins again....

8. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I have a feeling that we're all going to get very used to waiting before this is over with.

9. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I received the email also and boy was I shocked. I didn't click the order button although I did get in and look around. After I got the email I checked my account and it shows I ordered tickets 4 times! Even I don't have that many personalities! Besides I make my other selves hide so we only need to pay once! :D

10. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    I remember clicking the shopping cart button to see if it got put in there and it said there was nothing in my cart so I left the site. I apologized to Lindsay and explained what had happened to me after getting the email.

11. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I didn't order, but I did look around.

Thus far I haven't received anything.

As far as them correcting any orders, it will only be for the Celebration Party. unless you go snooping around again and they see that you messed with their systems..again.. then they will cancel everything.

12. Oscar_the_Gungan

Jan 1, 2001
    when I went back to the site to check my registrations I went back through the starwarscelebration.com website. so hopefully that's ok. I lucked out and got in on the breakfast and would hate to lose that.

13. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Check your junk mail filters, that's where my nasty little email went :p

Good thing the only CC info they had from me was a card that had to be cancelled because of another hacker back in December :p

14. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I printed my registration

15. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Yes, I was bad too. I really didn?t think it would go through when I tried the link, and I was surprised when it did.
    I also sent off an apology to the gen-con people.
    Well, que sera, sera. I only hope I am around my computer when they make the official announcement since these things sell out as soon as they do

16. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Someone probably answered this already, but must one belong to the fan club to get tickets for the celebration party?

17. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003
    good question fluke
    I am wondering the same thing

18. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Pre-Requisite were not specific about this on the registration page.

I'm guessing not.

19. Meriwyn

Meriwyn Former RSA star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    Registration is officially open!! Go now!! :)

20. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    WOW! That was a shocker! I almost flipped out when I saw this email. I too hope that I still get to go to C3!! If not, the person, or persons responsiable for this will have LOTS of angree Star Wars fans to deal with!!

I also sent off a letter of apology. And I will be watching for when the REAL link is up!!

21. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I got the email too.. it wasn't that bad... just a slap on the wrist. At least I was able to get two tickets to the event. :D

22. ObiWill

ObiWill Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2001
    Same here... though I got a bit nervous, having thought someone stole my credit card number or something.

23. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Jul 4, 2003

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I got my tickies!!!
    I just hope they don't take them away again because I was a bad girl earlier

24. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I got the email too.. it wasn't that bad... just a slap on the wrist. At least I was able to get two tickets to the event.

Is one for me ??? [face_praying]

25. Enji

Enji Jedi Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Just bought my ticket. This is going to be fun. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.