main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's the deal with autograph coupons?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by tobywanben, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Also, people like that are likely to have other commitments, such as filming for another movie, during that weekend. They're also less likely to need the money that they could make by signing autographs at a convention.

2. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    "Yeah,I think stars like Harrison think they're too good to come to a SW convention,IMHO. "

That's a little harsh. Some people think it's a little too weird a situation. Harrison has only done a hand full of talk shows in his career. I think he is just too uncomfortable.

And to be honest, he is a terrible interview everytime he has done them. It comes across like he is being tortured or something. Just so guarded to the point of being a real wet-blanket. He can be really funny, but the host really has to pull it out of him.

Mark Hamill seems much more open and fun in general. Given the choice, I'd much rather share a couple of brews with Mark than Harrison and I'd rather see him at C3 too.

And I think we have a shot of that happening :)

Doc

3. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    I'd rather serve some brews to Harrison! =P~

4. Drador

Drador Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    Yeah i do not see Harrison being at CIII for the reason of him being to uncomfortable, or just thinking he doesnt want to be around a bunch of star wars fans?

i also do not believe Natalie Portman will be there, Sam Jackson, or Christopher Lee

5. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    "That's a little harsh. Some people think it's a little too weird a situation. Harrison has only done a hand full of talk shows in his career. I think he is just too uncomfortable."

Yeah,that's true. He does seem kind of uncomfortable on TV shows. :) I've just noticed in the past that stars like Harrison and Natalie never seem to want to come to these things. I just assumed it was because they thought they were big stuff. But I could very well be wrong. It would just be nice to see them show up sometimes. :)

6. jedi1mindbender

jedi1mindbender Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2005
    all i want to know is the Wookie going to be there...?

7. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    "all i want to know is the Wookie going to be there...?"

Peter Mayhew? Yeah,you can almost count on him being there. He shows up for nearly all major conventions. :)

8. Drador

Dec 11, 2004
    Yeah he does, i mean if you look at his acting career, i think he did one thing between Jedi and ROTS. So mayhew will deffenatly be there, if you read the interview with him in Insider 79 the last one that just came out he loves Star Wars so you can count on him being there.

I just think people like Ford and Portman this is just another job. They did their job so they may feel not obligated or motivated to visit with the huge culture fanbase that this movie has

9. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    "I just think people like Ford and Portman this is just another job. They did their job so they may feel not obligated or motivated to visit with the huge culture fanbase that this movie has"

Yeah,exactly! It's not as importent to them because it's just another acting job. I think that's what it all comes down too,how they view SW. Like Hayden Christensen for example: He grew up being a fan himself. And I think that why he comes to more things,because he knows what it's like to be one of us fans.

Just my 2 cents. :)

10. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    RE: just another acting job

Regarding Ford, and don't get me wrong as I am a huge Han fan, this little acting job was his big break! I don't think he owes us, but it would be nice if he showed up at C3 out of respect for the ending of the movie saga that started his stardom.

Lufta Shif

11. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    <<<Harrison has only done a hand full of talk shows in his career. It comes across like he is being tortured or something.>>>

Maybe Vader should have interviewed Han instead...

<<<Peter Mayhew? Yeah,you can almost count on him being there. He shows up for nearly all major conventions.>>>

Especially since Chewbacca is being brought back for Episode III.

12. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    I'd absolutely love to meet Peter Mayhew! He is so awesome! How many coupons did you need for him at C2?

13. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    He is a really cool guy to talk with.

14. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Everyone at C2 (with the possible exception of Carrie Fisher) was one coupon. Coupons were something like $15 each, or 10 for $120.

Heh, funny you say that. When I got Mayhew's autograph, he completely ignored me, talked with the people in front of and behind me in line, and didn't even respond when I said "thanks". Needless to say, he isn't going to get any more of my money anytime soon.

15. Drador

Dec 11, 2004
    <<this little acting job was his big break!>>

Youre right and so was Indiana Jones, those movies made him. But he has no interest in Star Wars after it was made.. i mean it was hard enough to get him to do any interviews with and every time someone would ask a star wars question he wouldnt want to talk about it.

No matter how big or little star wars would have been, is now, or ever will be.. This was just a job. So i am to believe, that he thinks jobs over no more time needed.

16. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    If Harrison did come would you pay $50.00 for his
    autograph?

17. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    Heh, funny you say that. When I got Mayhew's autograph, he completely ignored me, talked with the people in front of and behind me in line, and didn't even respond when I said "thanks". Needless to say, he isn't going to get any more of my money anytime soon.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

18. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I probly would.

19. dagobahscott

dagobahscott Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2005
    IF Harrison Ford were to show up (which is VERY unlikely) he would be more than $50, heck he would be more than the $85 Mark Hamill got in San Diego this year. He would easily be $100 and I am being very low on that price.

20. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    "If Harrison did come would you pay $50.00 for his
    autograph?"

For Harrison,no. I would pay $50 for someone like Ewan,Natalie,or Sam Jackson though. :)

21. Drador

Dec 11, 2004
    for Ford, I might, i think giving up 50 bucks just ot get someone to sign something thats going to hang on my wall till i die isnt worth it, when i can walk around and get 5 from 5 other people and theirs can hang on my wall and collect dust until again i die...

22. DARTHLARS

DARTHLARS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I just saw that on a recent Lord of the Rings convention, the autographs for some main characters (the "hobbits") cost $60 each ! :eek:
    I have an autograph from one of them, which cost me $20 last year and I am getting another one's for $20 in March (for a friend, will be getting two SW autos for myself also).
    I hope this is not a trend. :(

23. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    For Harrison,no. I would pay $50 for someone like Ewan,Natalie,or Sam Jackson though.

Ha! While I on the other hand would drop $50 for Harrison no problem, and I might would consider spending $50 on Ewan, Natalie, and Samuel combined. And then I'd probably bring a Pulp Fiction poster for SLJ, since that was something I actually enjoyed him in. :p

Of course this is all pretty much a moot point anyway, but it's fun to imagine.

24. DarthShona

Jul 29, 2003
    And then I'd probably bring a Pulp Fiction poster for SLJ, since that was something I actually enjoyed him in.

I'll drink to that!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

25. OBIX1

Oct 7, 2002
    "Ha! While I on the other hand would drop $50 for Harrison no problem, and I might would consider spending $50 on Ewan, Natalie, and Samuel combined. And then I'd probably bring a Pulp Fiction poster for SLJ, since that was something I actually enjoyed him in.

Of course this is all pretty much a moot point anyway, but it's fun to imagine."

Lol,yeah. :p

Btw,the only person I'd be willing to pay more then $50 for is George Lucas. I would drop $100 or more for his if I had too. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.