main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What's the major blow to the FO in Episode IX?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by cerealbox, Dec 19, 2017.

1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    In TFA, the heroes destroy the FO's biggest weapon, Starkiller base.

In TLJ, the heroes destroy the FO supreme Mobile command center, the Supremacy.

WhAt will the major blow to the FIrst Order be in IX?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Hux disbanding it because he can't deal with Kylo anymore?

3. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    I think this is exactly it; the inner power struggle between Ben and Hux. I could see it being the Knoghts of Ren/Ben Solo against Hux and his command.

RKR likes this.
  4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I mean Hux was all set to shoot an unconscious Kylo to be rid of him. If he could figure out a way to do it without him realizing it till it was to late I think he would do it.

Ben-Solo likes this.
  5. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    And even then Kylo can freeze the blaster bolt anyway, Hux is so screwed in IX

6. LukeSkywalker7

LukeSkywalker7 Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 14, 2012
    Who knows. Maybe Hux takes out Kylo.

DarthBane93 likes this.
  7. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Man, if the First Order was a real military organization... loosing Starkiller base and the Supremacy inside of a month should really make them falter quite a bit. Hell, we've got a decapitation of the First Order's leadership in VIII thanks to Snoke's death. At this point, maybe the resistance blows up the capital of the First Order or something.

Darth Dnej and cerealbox like this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2017
    A rebellion a la Finn's story arc... The faceless troopers will be inspired to overpower their "superiors", ending Hux (and Phasma) in the process.

9. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    How did they get the means to build that fleet, recruit enough world's to crew those ships let alone their Stormtrooper corps as well as feed and keep their entire society functional given they really didn't take or have enough to do any of that?!

Are they automated?

Starkiller Base would have worked better as the prototype that eventually resulted in the Death Star but still it main weapon wasn't something that could have been built without decades of work by that I mean dating back to at least the clone wars!

So how?

Will they ever explain anything or just burn it because they can't be bothered like Episode 8?!

10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Kylo will turn back to the light for his love of Rey, he'll kill Hux and the FO hierarchy and turn the FO into good guys.

Darth Corydon likes this.
  11. MichaelSkellig

MichaelSkellig Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    Don't believe they lost the Supremacy, did they? It was the Dreadnought that got wiped out by Holdo on the Raddus.

12. Ben-Solo

Apr 19, 2017
    Ah, what?

The Dreadnaught was destroyed by the Bomber Brigade that Poe Dameron was demoted by Leia Organa for sending into battle due to the heavy losses, the hero of that mission was Paige Tico (Rose's sister) she was a gunner on the MG-100 Superfortess Bomber she alone dropped the bombs that blew that Dreadnaught into obilvion. As to the Supremacy the ship Finn and Rose were on, the ship Snoke was on, the ship Rey and Kylo teamed up; Holdo took care of that when see turned the command cruiser around and split it in two when jumping to hyperspace so stellarmagic01 is correct

To answer the question the same thing it's been for the entire franchise "HOPE"

13. MichaelSkellig

Jan 1, 2017
    Does this mean that at one point, Rey, Ben, Finn, Rose, DJ and Phasma were on the same vessel, with Leia and Poe just a bit away on the transports?

14. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    What it could been and been really cool? A civil war within the order between Kylo and Hux for control over it that the Resistance plays them off on another (and fights over who they should more up with) as our heroes build up their forces until they pick the right time to finally take them down as they both wear each other out to a even playing field.

What it will be? Another ragtag group of rebels overcoming the odds using their wits and courage to overthrow a war machine and brings freedom to the galaxy just the odds are EVEN MORE stack against them. Never seen that before ...nope.

Edit: A civil war between Hux and Kylo cannot happen anyway since they turned Hux who had the potential to be a true Hitler type to a punch line for silly jokes. What a waste.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  15. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    I think Kylo leads the FO into a Resistance trap (reverse of ROTJ). Kylo is lonely at the top and the dark side is further eating into his soul. Even though Rey bests him in a lightsaber duel...maybe really injures him...he still returns to his throne room only to be killed by Hux as Hux feels betrayed that KR led them to doom or even Hux learns that Kylo killed Snoke. Kylo's ship along with remaining FO personnel then just get destroyed or get caught in a gravity well or into a sun or black hole.

JJ is back...what other Star Trek endings can we rip off? I think it would be fresh is Kylo spends the majority of the movie saving space whales.

DARTHSHAME likes this.
  16. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    Galaxywide revolution against the First Order.

17. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    This is correct

18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I'm guessing when Ep. 9 picks up we'll learn that the galaxy is firmly under the control of the FO and that by the end of the movie we'll see people all over the galaxy rising up rather than one giant ship/weapon getting blown up. Well actually I think it might be both. Rey and the heroes we know will help blow up some big structure and people will rise up and destroy the FO on their planets.

19. MichaelSkellig

Jan 1, 2017
    I agree. That was the point of the 'spark' speech and Broom Boy. But there has to be a different resolution than at the end of ROTJ, which clearly didn't hold.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  20. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    The surviving Empire of RotJ eventually signed a peace treaty and retreated to the unknown regions. And secretly began rebuilding and restructuring.

In order for the heroes in the sequel trilogy to win and not repeat the rise of the First Order. They're either going to have to kill every single member, put someone they trust in charge of the FO, or combined the FO with the New New Republic (essential a draw, where both sides appropriate.)

21. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Exactly. I'm a little gun shy about making predictions based on things we've seen in the previous movies but I totally agree that the whole point of Broom Boy is to say that not only is hope still alive throughout the galaxy but so is the Force which makes me think we might get at least a glimpse of Force sensitive characters fighting the FO.

That said I think you're right that they should come up with some resolution that differentiates Ep. 9 from ROTJ because even if Rey did have an army of Force students that helped completely destroy the FO the audience might think, "why should I believe this is really the end of the line for tyranny in the galaxy? Things looked pretty good at the end of ROTJ and then they went to crap. Why should we believe this happy ending will stick?"

That's in part why it might be for the best if Ep. 9 ends with a big win for the Resistance but not an end of the war victory for them. Having Rey or Poe make a speech about how the battle is won but the war continues and how they will continue to fight it might be easier for the audience to believe.

Palp_Faction likes this.
  22. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    The final battle of IX has to be original and different than RotJ.

They've already retreaded the "trench run/get the shields down" scenario in TFA.

And now they've done the "hero willingly surrenders, so the darksider takes them to see their master in the throne room scenario" in TLJ.

The only thing the Sequel Trilogy hasn't reused from RoTJ final battle are Ewoks.

23. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003

You know, I think you are right I can see that scenario happening. Of course, what will be the trigger? If Disney cares about plot continuity, we should see a time jump and an explanation that galaxy unrest was spurred by the destruction of Hosnian Prime and the "example" of Luke Skywalker. The stamping out of the unrest should cause Kylo to use more extreme measures that unbalance him and lead to his downfall.

Palp_Faction and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  24. The Regular Mustache

Dec 22, 2015
    Yeah and I while I keep imagining a cool sequence where Broom Boy and various other no name Force users rise up I can't help but think that a sequence like that might feel like they just swapped out the Ewoks for Broom Boy and his buddies which in that context might feel lame. That doesn't mean that won't happen though. Also I liked the Ewoks so what do I care?

I think on of the things that was a little frustrating to fans is that we had a movie called Return of the Jedi but we never actually saw the Jedi return en masse. Ending Ep. 9 with Rey being the only Jedi and the movie merely suggesting that she'll start up the Jedi Order like we assumed Luke would do at the end of ROTJ might not work. It would be better if we actually saw these Force users kicking butt. Not only would it look cool but it would suggest that the reason that the Resistance will eventually win and keep the piece will be because we've got a whole mess of Force sensitive people already active in the fight.

TLJ was all about subverting expectations. If Ep. 9 continues with that then our expectations would be subverted if the Resistance DOESN'T end the war and maybe doesn't even blow up some huge thing and maybe Ben Solo escapes. All of that might be better than ROTJ 2.0.

25. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    Ah. You just fall into George Lucas's trap.

After the prequels started to come out, George said the meaning of the title "Return of the Jedi" didn't mean return of the Jedi group or Luke.

According to him "return of the Jedi" meant the return of Anakin from Sith back to Jedi.

KSennia and Palp_Faction like this.