main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

whats wrong with Jailbait

Discussion in 'Communications' started by beezel26, Jul 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scarlet_Woman

The_Scarlet_Woman Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2005
    Damn, boy, haven't you had enough of me already? You sure are an allnighter.

2. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    Sweet :D

So, back to Beezel and his woodshed...

3. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    This is ridiculous. Twice, TWICE, I have made blatantly sarcastic posts and not a single person took me seriously and grew outraged. I demand all those people be banned. I also want the word "taco" banned.

Amazing.

4. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    Taco, taco, taco.

This thread made me laugh.

To stay with the topic, I have to agree with whoever said that respecting the wish of any user to not be called any name is a common courtesy.

Several (or maybe just 3) male users have expressed that they use the term jailbait like cones, letting other male users know to stay away. No one should need a warning, or some sort of "road block," to know that they should not be saying anything inappropriate to young female posters.

*edit, changing some wording

5. Old_Smoothie

Old_Smoothie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2005
    Awwwwww yeah...

6. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    B that really does suck for you. I've made 1 so far and several people took me serious. Try harder next time. kthxbi.

Back on topic please and can the 1 liners.

7. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Hello social thread? Whats up?

8. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Usually when I call someone Jailbait they find it sexually arousing.
    Like EV.

9. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    EV is the jailbaitiest [face_love]

10. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    Got that right.

11. The_Scarlet_Woman

Jul 23, 2005
    I have a question: whenever I want to call someone on here an insignificant, mentally-challenged, ****sucker (or something similar, as I believe a good insult should be tailor-made for each individual), can I just call them "jailbait", but still have it mean the most insulting thing you could call that person? [face_idea]

I understand that words themselves are neutral, much like "the force" in Star Wars**, and that it is our perception of these words, our attitudes towards them, or the intent behind the use of the words that makes them "bad". [face_thinking]

(**I believe this may be my first Star Wars reference.):eek:

So, seeing that the use of only some insults on these forums will get you banned, and seeing that the use of the word "jailbait" (as an insult or flame) is obviously now officially approved by the moderators and administrators of this site, I propose that we use this word as a substitute for our personal favorite insults. [face_devil]

However, we should deny any malicious intent behind the use of the word "jailbait", so that it isn't actually considered a flame. [face_shhh]

12. The_Scarlet_Woman

Jul 23, 2005
    I believe this thread has gone off topic.

13. Arya

Arya Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2005
    I believe this thread has gone off topic.

More like: "I have greatly helped to take this thread off topic"

14. The_Scarlet_Woman

Jul 23, 2005
  15. Crusader_Jedi

Crusader_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2003
    I like how you posted that after one of your own posts. Clearly your articulation has much improved since yesterday:rolleyes: . Obviously basic grammar and sentence structure are above your Jailbetedness.

16. The_Scarlet_Woman

Jul 23, 2005
    This thread has gone off topic.

17. Crusader_Jedi

Nov 7, 2003
    That is called spam. Here on the JC spam is frowned upon, clearly you enjoy quality posts, however, perhaps you should bring the thread back on topic, instead of whining and generally posting trash.

In conclusion, Jailbait is acceptable, and enjoyable. This thread can be locked now.:)

18. The_Scarlet_Woman

Jul 23, 2005
    This thread can be locked now.

We finally agree on something.

19. Crusader_Jedi

Nov 7, 2003
    We also agree that you smell.

20. The_Scarlet_Woman

Jul 23, 2005
    I taste good too.

(Moderators: how can you not lock this thread at this point?)

21. Crusader_Jedi

Nov 7, 2003

I taste well too. Clearly you cannot be a woman because no person over the age of 5 would make such grammatical errors, in which case you are not the required 13 years old, perhaps you should read the TOS before you post. The thread cannot be locked because you have yet to counter any arguments made against you, in which case you obviously do not care about the phrase in question and just came here to, what seems like, yell on about how women need respect. Go watch the Oxygen channel, and tell me what Oprah has to say. In the meantime either argue your side or be quiet.

Doody head.

22. The_Scarlet_Woman

Jul 23, 2005
    droideka EDIT: Not appropriate for comms, or really any forum for that matter, and a light flame

23. Crusader_Jedi

Nov 7, 2003
    Obviously your reading needs work too, why do you insist on making this personal, instead of arguing about the topic. I have presented numerous opinions on it, and have yet to be shot down. You must agree with me therefore, that jailbait is a perfectly acceptable term to use. Please stick to the topic in hand rather then go on about how erotic you find your toenails, that is better suited to the JCC, which can be found [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Your_Jedi_Council_Community/b10008/]here[/link].

24. The_Scarlet_Woman

Jul 23, 2005
    why do you insist on making this personal

Crusader_Jedi quotes:
    "You wouldn't be the first tranny I have seen."
    "Either that or the doctors haven't quite sorted out the conflicting hormones part of your operation."
    "in which case, hey baby."
    "since you are a femmy nazi"
    "We also agree that you smell."
    "Doody head"

(And so many more...)

You should be feeling pretty good right now, since gathering all those quotes actually made me pay attention to you. Which is obviously the first time a woman has done so.

Here's the deal, Crusader_Jedi, I continue to swat at flies until they're either dead, or fly away.

So, if you can resist responding to me, or addressing me by my username or those incredibly cute nicknames you've come up with, I will no longer have to swat you away.

(Or they can lock this thread).

25. Crusader_Jedi

Nov 7, 2003
    However you will notice that all of those were either before a moderator said bring the topic back into focus, or were attached to a post that was relavent to the topic for discussion. I see none of your recent posts have done so, in which case I again ask that you either post on topic. You can continue your obviously poorly thought attempts at insulting me, but to do so would diminish your obviously prodigious intellect. I directed you to the JCC for all of your erotic comments, and I have addressed your "attacks" one me, and my similar remarks. What is keeping you from now posting on this topic? Jailbait is a lighthearted remark that people should not take offense to, it seems perfectly within the TOS. I see no reason anyone should take the Forums serious enough to be put off by this remark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.