main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What's your level of anticipation for Episode IX. compared to TFA and TLJ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Oct 29, 2018.

?

What's your level of anticipation for Episode IX, compared to TFA and TLJ?

1. More excited for IX than I was for TFA and TLJ!

9.5%
  2. More excited for IX than I was for TLJ, but less excited than I was for TFA

12.5%
  3. More excited for IX than I was for TFA, but less excited than I was for than TLJ

2.9%
  4. I was more excited for both TFA and TLJ than I am for IX

52.7%
  5. As excited as I was for TFA and TLJ

22.3%
  1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    What's your level of anticipation for Episode IX, compared to TFA and TLJ?

(side-note: has anyone else started pronouncing Episode 9 as "ix / iks" in their mind? :p )

whostheBossk and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  2. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Any chance of an 'As excited' option?

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Most Star Wars fans clearly didn’t take a survey research methods class. :)

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
    DarthHass likes this.
  4. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    I want to be excited, but to be honest TLJ really did a number on my excitement for the future of SW as a whole.

5. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I was more excited for both TFA and TLJ than I am for IX.

After TLJ, my expectations are so low, I will be okay if its slightly better than the Caravan of Courage. Which is probably a good thing. Low expectations mean low chance of being
    disappointed.

6. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Yeah, that option is definately missing. The poll doesn't really work without it.

I for one don't really see a difference in excitement for myself between the three. Maybe there was some additional excitement for the return of Star Wars in general, but the movies themselves feel all pretty equal to me. The only one that slacks of a bit is the Solo movie. That one I was pretty meh about the entire time, though it did turn out well. And "meh" here has the meaning of "I didn't rush out to see it as soon as I possibly could", so that is still a pretty high level ;)

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I added an "As excited as I was for TFA and TLJ" option. :)

8. Grilled Hutt

Grilled Hutt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 24, 2003
    I am just excited to see any star wars... beggars can’t be choosers and there seems to be a lot of beggars these days. I’m excited to see all of them.

The Deuteragonist and Blobofat like this.
  9. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I was maybe a bit more excited for TFA.... after all.... NEW TRILOGY, but the excitement level is pretty high and it's at least as strong as for TLJ and will probably eclipse by the time it comes. I'll be attending Celebration, which will help ramp it up even more.

ObiWanKnowsMe and EHT like this.
  10. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I'm less excited than I was for both previous films, and if I had to describe myself, I guess I'd be "hopeful yet anxious." TLJ just deflated so much of my enthusiasm for the Force story, military story, and character arcs that I feel really nervous about getting a good wrap up to what I fell in love with in TFA. TFA might be my favorite movie in the Saga, even though I think ESB and ROTJ are better in quality.

Abrams is back, so I've go treason to hope!

But TLJ basically defines all my reasons to mope.

11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The closest option on there was "More excited than TLJ, less excited than TFA." I don't think I'll ever be as excited for any movie as I was for TFA, since I spent the majority of my life up to that point desperately hoping an Episode VII would someday be made. Sometimes I'm more excited for IX than I was for TLJ, on the basis that I know with Abrams on board it's going to be a really fun adventure, and I'm super curious to see how they wrap up the trilogy and, apparently, the entire 9-film Skywalker Saga. But with TLJ, you had TFA's fantastic cliffhanger ending and the promise of two more films ahead of us. So it's really "sometimes more/sometimes less excited than TLJ, less than TFA."

Oh boy, the rants that I went on in that class.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  12. afrojedi

afrojedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 23, 2015
    It's hard to beat the excitement of TFA, especially the with the trailers and teasers trickling out the way they did. The cliff hanger at the end of TFA also generated a lot of excitement for me. TLJ, didn't really end in a way that generates any excitement or speculation for me--not in the way ESB or TFA created. I guess a lot of my anticipation is related to JJ course correcting and continuing his vision post TFA. I'm really hoping he can deliver.

13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Wake me when we get there.

ObiWanKnowsMe likes this.
  14. NOTJEDIMATERIAL

NOTJEDIMATERIAL Jedi Knight star 3

May 3, 2018
    I am looking forward to it primarily to see how it ties the 3 trilogies together. That is the best thing going for me since TLJ wasn't quite like I had hoped it would be.

dyous87, ObiWanKnowsMe and Jo Lucas like this.
  15. wobbits

wobbits Force Ghost star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    Same here. Less excited if at all. Cautious would be the best word for me.

16. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    The correct alternative for me is not listed, which is "less excited than TFA and about the same as TLJ".

Given the alternatives presented, I chose the last one which is closer to my opinion.

It is very difficult to beat TFA in terms of excitement.

17. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    I'm not excited at all, so I guess that qualifies as less excited than TFA and TLJ, both of which I was excited for. I'm more curious and waiting for spoilers to see if I have reason to get excited. I would like to have reason to get excited. When I think of specific hypotheticals, it wouldn't take much to get me excited, but I'm just not sure that at the end of the day there will be anything in IX that I care to see.

18. SKYGUY23

SKYGUY23 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2014
    Won't vote till the first teaser

ObiWanKnowsMe and Force Smuggler like this.
  19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Voted for what seems to best sum up my status:
    More excited for IX than I was for TLJ, but less excited than I was for TFA

20. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I'm actually more excited then I was for TFA and TLJ.

21. The Deuteragonist

The Deuteragonist Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    This may sound more pessimistic than it actually is but I'm more just excited to get it over with.

This era of SW has been a bit of a rollercoaster. I loved TFA and TLJ, but I've hated the amount of controversy they've lead to. At least after it's over, people will either forget that the Sequels existed or add them to their collection. The opinions will be pretty much set. Also I feel more excited about what comes afterwards. I want more ST character comics or a post ST animated series. Also, the new Star Wars movies after that.

ObiWanKnowsMe and Fleab88 like this.
  22. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    I’m very anxious, but not excited because I hated TLJ :(. Loved TFA though. I’ll keep my expectations low and hope for the best!

23. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm excited and looking forward to it but just not as much as TFA and TLJ.

24. Justin Whitted

Justin Whitted Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2018
    Nothing will ever top my excitement for TFA. Only Infinity War and Toy Story 3 came close, but TFA was my most anticipated film ever.

Because I love TFA, my anticipation for TLJ was also high, but I was disappointed with the film. It really hampered my expectations for IX.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    dyous87 and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  25. niccalas_cage

niccalas_cage Jedi Master star 1

Dec 9, 2010
    I'm more excited for Clone Wars than I am for IX. If I found out that everything in VIII turned out to just be a horrible dream, then I might care about this movie.