main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What's your level of anticipation for Episode IX. compared to TFA and TLJ?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ghost, Oct 29, 2018.

?

What's your level of anticipation for Episode IX, compared to TFA and TLJ?

1. More excited for IX than I was for TFA and TLJ!

9.5%
  2. More excited for IX than I was for TLJ, but less excited than I was for TFA

12.5%
  3. More excited for IX than I was for TFA, but less excited than I was for than TLJ

2.9%
  4. I was more excited for both TFA and TLJ than I am for IX

52.7%
  5. As excited as I was for TFA and TLJ

22.3%
  1. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I'm more excited than I was for TLJ, but I don't think anything's going to top the level of anticipation I had for TFA. Mainly the thing that is fueling my excitement is the whole "part three" thing, the "completing a trilogy" feeling that usually comes with looking forward to a resolution of the ongoing story.

I will admit I would've been more excited if I enjoyed TLJ more. But I still haven't lost hope in the overall turnout of the ST.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  2. rayjefury

rayjefury Jedi Master star 2

Jun 3, 2017
    Almost no excitement at all. I was very excited for TFA and TLJ. TLJ has pretty much killed any momentum for me. Not sure how they're going to salvage this (actually not certain they can).

It's possible they put out a new trailer and maybe that'll change my mind, but unfortunately, no matter how exciting they make it look, I'll remember how exciting the TLJ trailer looked and how terrible it was in reality.

3. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Hard to top how excited I was for TFA, I'd say my exact feelings at this point are: as excited as I was for TLJ but less excited than I was for TFA.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Very low.

Mindless Monster likes this.
  5. Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest Chosen One star 6

Nov 1, 2012
    I'm more excited for IX than I was for TFA (and Solo), but less excited than I was for than TLJ (and R1).

6. TheMoldyCrow

TheMoldyCrow Jedi Master star 3

Jun 16, 2015
    As excited as I was for TFA and TLJ a year out before their release. In other words, about as excited as you can get for a movie you know almost nothing about. Though I'm sure that, like with TFA and TLJ, that will change when official news starts coming out.

Krueger likes this.
  7. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    I think it has to do more with resetting all the achievements of the OT and replacing it with something worse. OT large empire vs small rebels (ST large first order/empire vs small resistance /rebels). OT death star, ST Starkiller base thats a lot larger and powerful then the death star. OT all Jedi wiped out...there is a new hope in luke. ST all jedi are wiped out, but new hope in Rey. OT Emperor, ST Snoke (how? After a long prophesy was fulfilled and Sith gone how did this more powerful sith like character take over? Where was he before? Doesnt matter hes dead)

Plus Rey being as stronger (if not stronger) then a jedi knight after like a week with no training is a joke.

You want to focus on story? Yea having ships slowly follow each other for 2/3rds of the movie was really borin. Purple haired generial lady was beyond annoying. and Finns story with Rose was a big waste of time that led no where.
    Oh and killing luke was the final straw. Is it so hard to keep him around and still make rey exciting? Lord of the rings did a good job keeping gandolf around....that didnt lesson the importance f Frodo.

So my anticipation for next movie from scale 1-10...10 being highest..
    Id say is like a 2. For the first time ever i am truly not excited for the next movie. The little tiny excitment would be to see what a force ghost luke is like...and see if any of lukes former students come back.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  8. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    It would be near impossible to match the excitement I had for TFA, but it's probably just above the level I was for TLJ right now.

9. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'll do you one better: I was in fourth grade when I read the RotS junior novelization before the movie came out ;)

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I'll do you one better: WHY was fourth grade?

godisawesome likes this.
  11. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

12. Binary_Sunset

Binary_Sunset Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2000
    When I was in fourth grade (1979-80), I excitedly told all my friends at school, "Did you see it? Last night I saw an ad for the next Star Wars movie, and Luke Skywalker was fighting Darth Vader with a lightsaber!"

Emperor Ferus and MrDarth0 like this.
  13. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm not excited for it, but I will see it during the 2nd or 3rd week of release. After TFA and TLJ I just want the ST to be done and dusted so they can move on.

lawton likes this.
  14. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    My curiosity has increased especially since I know that Abrahms is going to "fix" Luke Skywalkers character. I'm also looking forward to what I believe may be a scene at the end of the film where Leia ignites Luke's lightsaber.

15. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Most excited.

Cave of Erised likes this.
  16. lawton

lawton Jedi Master star 4

May 12, 2015
    This - I don't see how it can be salvaged after Ep 8.

17. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    As 8 may have been the best SW film ever, it’s got a tough act to follow.

RiddleMeThis likes this.
  18. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yes, heaven forbid people hold a differing opinion without being set straight.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Right now my anticipation is in the pre-boil phase. We don't really know anything other than its coming, so there's not much to get really excited about. I'm excited in general for a new Star Wars movie and I've gotten little blips of hype with the various casting announcements and such that have come out, but I'm going to need something real before hype levels go to 11.

TFA it wasn't really until that first trailer that I could really believe it was coming. Maybe that was the greatest hype I've ever felt for Star Wars (this is not meant to imply any kind of judgement on the quality of TFA or of TLJ; it just had a unique situation). TLJ was similarly hard to get hyped for until trailers started coming out.

20. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    TFA-There was still some doubt in the back of my head that this was really happening.
    Felt surreal back during the Disney/Lucas announcement back in 2012.
    Then actors were being announced, that cast photo, director, writers, the Cons where the characters were revealed, the cards releasing the names, the trailers themselves felt surreal even. It felt like it was coming. Then opening night, was this but a dream? Will I wake up back in October 2012 and not see this announcement?

The most hyped I felt for a movie was ROTS. Clone Wars material every week it seemed like. Comics, games, tv series, books, the teaser trailer, the novel.
    Seeing all of our questions answered etc. E9 does not compare to that all.

21. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Right now I’m not hyped. Don’t want to go in too hyped when it actually comes out. Star Wars, despite my having read something about it in 1976 in the 6th grade, still was a surprise when it actually came out. Not so for me and Apocalypse Now. And I didn’t know what to think of it at age 14, but the hype and necked reviews didn’t help. Same for Star Trek: Thr Motion Picture. ST:TMP has grown on me abut over the years, while AN in both versions I consider a masterpiece, one of the greatest films ever.

My personal worry about IX is it’ll be a bit of a letdown for me as VI was. I still like VI, but it did have a tough act to follow and there was the hype. Not as big a disappointment as The Godfather III, though. ROTK was a better third act than either, but still for all 3 trilogies my ranking is

2-1-3.

I’m not side where to place TDKR.

2-1-3 as above or

2-3-1 or even

3-2-1

Even if the first, it’s the best 3rd act of the series mentioned so far for me.

For the PT,

3-2-1

and SW:TPM was a bigger disappointment than ST:TMP. But TPM has grown for me over the years better than TMP.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The new tv series announcement has me more hyped than I am for E9.

23. The Legions of Lettow

Oct 14, 2015
    Yeah. I’m looking forward to it and Filoni’s new series as well as the last season of TCW. And it’ll satisfy our SW cravings while diverting attention from IX—and Solo.

I knew Craig would be a great Bond and Campbell had down well with GE, so I the negative hype really helped out.

I liked QoS, but I think people wanted CR2 and in the age of the interwebs and need of its production problems and not as great reviews many were disappointed. I liked. But it’s reaction and the delays for Skyfall may have prevented overhype. It was great. I think Spectre [sic] suffered from the same expectations as QoS. So will Craig 007-5 be like 1&3?

I want to delay the hype for IX and Favreau and Filoni will keep me satisfied until then.

24. BalanceOfTheForce

BalanceOfTheForce Jedi Master star 4

Dec 18, 2016
    I kind of just feel nothing towards it right now.

25. Pliolite

Pliolite Jedi Master star 3

May 3, 2014
    While I'm very happy to see Abrams take back control of the characters of Rey and Finn, who he created, I'm not allowing myself to get overly-hyped about any upcoming SW movie. Some scars never fully heal, unfortunately...:(