main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When and how old were you when you first saw Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Kevin-Kenobi, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wraith1701

wraith1701 Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2006
    I first saw A New Hope in 1977. I was 7 years old, and it BLEW ME AWAY!!! I had never seen anything like it before (up until then, my idea of the height of sci-fi was star trek and lost in space reruns)! I remember begging, pleading and trying any and everything I could think of to get my parents to take me to see it again. I was so taken in by the wonderful universe Gorge Lucas created that I would clip pictures from newspaper articles and spend hours looking over the Sears (or was it J.C. Penny?) catalogue in anticipation of getting some of the cool toys once they were released. One of my most treasured possesions from this time was a Star Wars story audio tape- I remember it being a gold colored cassette that included dialogue, music and sound effects from the movie. I played that thing so many times, I wore it out!

2. darth-dickey

darth-dickey Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2006
    I was 6 years old and saw it in the theatre in 1977 after my folks went and saw it first. After that we went every week to see it while it was playing. The night I saw SW for the first time, my dad bought us kids a t-shirt at the shirt shop next door to the theatre and we wore them inot the movie. My shirt was Han Solo and Chewie. It's a practice that I kept with my kids. Before we went to see the movies, I'd buy them all a new SW t-shirt to wear to the movie.

3. Chubakaaaaaa

Chubakaaaaaa Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2006
    Well lets see i saw SW for the first time when i was six or seven i was hooked on it
    I rented them in the library
    good times:)

4. Shaelyn_Skywalker

Shaelyn_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't really remember...But I wasn't hooked till I saw Episode III in theaters. The only one I've seen in theaters...:_|

5. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    It was back in 1992 when I was ten years old. I watched ROTJ and was immediatly hooked. I remember saving money to buy the whole trilogy on video :)

6. Shaelyn_Skywalker

Shaelyn_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2006
  7. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    It was on 1999 when I saw TPM. I loved it - and forgot my love for it in half a year. Then in 2002 I saw AOTC - I loved it more, but now I didn't forget my love for it. I saw the OT in the same summer, and I became some sort of fan.

But when I bought the OT on dvd in 2004, I was really impressed. I really started to love SW, and wait for ROTS. And after ROTS, I became a geek like now. And there is nothing that can be done to me now. :p

And about the age...I was younger than now. :D

8. Darth_BANE1982

Darth_BANE1982 Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2006
    I was probably about 10 and now I'm 23 been loyal to Star Wars for 13 years...and I think it was either The Empire Strikes Back or The Return of the Jedi I know it wasn't A New Hope...

9. MARA-JADE10

MARA-JADE10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    Well, i saw STAR WARS the original in the summer two yrs ago its gr8 !!!! :)

10. Magik

Magik Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2004
    I was five when I read "Star Wars" (Yes 5) then I saw "The Empire Strikes Back" in at the drive in that same year. It was 1980.

11. miss-maul

miss-maul Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2006
    Hmm, I was 15. Because the first one I saw was ROTS [last summer], and I watched them all in the past few months. Just finished the series last night, with AOTC.

12. Mister_Maul

Mister_Maul Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2006
    I first saw the movies when they were re-released in 1997. I was 9. At the time, I was obsessed with Buffy and Seinfeld. 3 things to be obssessed with, are fun. Good times...

13. Jem-Kerr-Lodemi

Jem-Kerr-Lodemi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2006
    I was 10yrs old in 1977 and went to see it with my brother and Mom...my brother and I have been HUGE fans ever since...and Mom...FINALLY got the Star Wars fever. Now she undrestands. It was the BIGGEST(and still is) thing to hit the movies or anything. Iloved Han instantly.:D

14. mxcp204

mxcp204 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 13, 2006
    At my best friends house when i was like 5. his parents loved the ot and they had just bought the special edition vhs tapes. he had all the toys and what not, but he didnt read any books. i then saw tpm when i was like 9 or somthing. but seriously after watching the ot everyday for a month at my friends house i was hooked. i had all the toys and i started reading the jedi prince series.... those were realy good times [face_dancing]

15. sweetcaroline

sweetcaroline Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2004
    I was 5 years old when ANH came out in 1977. I remember seeing it like it was yesterday. It was the first movie I had ever seen at the movie house and was I excited! I remember being scared when Darth Vader first came out. That is the one thing I remember from that time, those doors opening and him stepping out.

16. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    I can remember seeing all of ANH at my best friends 8th birthday, however I'm sure I had seen snippets of the OT sometime before that. (some time before 1998)

17. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I was 17 when I saw Star Wars (before it was called "A New Hope") when it came out in 1977.

When I first saw the trailers on TV, I thought it looked like it was going to be kind of stupid (blasphemy, I know). But then I bought and read the novelization based on the screen play and was hooked, I couldn't wait to see it in the theater. When that Star Destroyer first came across the screen, I was instantly mesmerized.

Having read the screen play though, I was a little disappointed (and still am) that 2 scenes were not in the finished movie.

The scene where Luke sees the space battle between the Star Destroyer and the Tantive IV through his macrobinoculars from the surface of Tatooine.

And the scene where Luke is talking to Biggs at Tosche Station before Biggs leaves Tatooine.

I've seen stills of these 2 scenes, but maybe they were just production stills and never actually filmed. Too bad. If they were filmed, then I imagine that they would have been restored to some version the film, by now. Oh well.

18. Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker

Mrs_Anakin_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2005
    I was sixteen when I saw AotC on TV. That was a year ago :p

19. Lozzie_Ess

Lozzie_Ess Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2006
    >.< I was...11. Last year my friend Eilidh *Who is a total obsessor* Tied me down, yes, that's right, tied me down, and put advd on. It was ROTS, so boy was I mighty confused.

20. PrincessChattyCathy

PrincessChattyCathy Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2005
    I was 5 in 1977 when Star Wars first came out. We saw it as a family in the local theater. Going to movies was a rare treat for us as we didn't have a lot of money and we had a very large family. At the little theater they allowed you to bring in your own food. Mom popped a big bag of popcorn and bought a bag of licorice.

I remember I couldn't read the scrolling words fast enough and my older brother Don had to read them to me. I am happy to say I was an instant fan and I have seen all of the movies in the theater at least once. I am partial to the OT and have been disappointed in the PT. Still I am glad they were finally made.

21. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    I actually confess, I'd seen it before when I was growing up but I didn't care for it much at all then. I watched bits and pieces of the films and I thought with the word "War" in the title, it was likely to be really bloody and gory and I had this horrible fear of everything bloody/gory and seeing Luke get his hand chopped off confirmed that fear when I was a kid :p

I didn't become a full-fledged nut until the special editions came out in 1997 and I was in high school.

22. joon5646

joon5646 Jedi Youngling

Sep 8, 2006
    I was 9 I have watched the hole trilogy I've got bf1,bf2 and Lego star wars!

23. DarthStewy

DarthStewy Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 9, 2006
    It was my fifth birthday when we did a marithon of the Ot ( starting whit ANH, of course). i'v been a sw fan for ten years know (i know i'm young!).

24. XwingRogueFive

XwingRogueFive Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2006
    well, i got my very first glimpse of star wars when i was 5. i saw yoda and artoo on dagobah, but i didn't become a true fan until i was 10. i saw the second half of episode one and i've liked star wars ever since. of course, i didn't become obsessed until i was 11, when i saw the trilogy special edition at my cousins house. they are the cause of this wonderful addiction.

25. Tritex

Tritex Jedi Youngling

Sep 16, 2006
    7 years Old and my Dad owned a toy store, he took me and then gave me a complete set of original miniatures. Its the best present he ever got me!!
    Never looked back since!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.