main
side
curve

CVII When are you planning to queue for Thursday morning panel?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by JXD, Apr 10, 2015.

1. murphquake

murphquake Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2015
    i'm hoping to get a medical badge as well, and was thinking i would show up around 5am for that line, get the wristband and go back to my hotel... like the OP i have a pretty crappy knee, i had no idea about medical badges when i went to New York Comic Con this fall until a friend's father had one and they told me about the benefits... had my knee wrapped up in an ace bandage already at that point so i hobbled over and the ReedPop people were very cool... wish I'd thought to look into it in advance. I understand some people think nothing of waiting overnight for tickets, i hung out for 13 hours with some friends for NYCC tickets (not even for me) last summer on a whim, but I'm flying out from NYC and would like to actually sleep and do some other things during my time in CA.

2. jawajames

jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA star 6 Staff Member Manager

Apr 26, 2002
    Bring your own chair and blanket.

3. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015
    I've got a medical badge because of my crappy knees, I hope they can offer a chair or something for people in the medical queue, but if not, sitting on the floor is fine. :)

4. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
    Recently it was announced that the opening ceremony (ie. JJ and KK event) would be simulcast live in 23 countries. The story that I read didn't give any other information about it and, at that time, only listed France. I would hope that one of those 23 countries would be the U.S. I'm one of those unfortunate fans that will not be able to go this time. I'd love to watch the event online. Has anyone seen any additional info about how they are going to do that?

5. Jopari

Jopari Jedi Padawan

Apr 11, 2015
    They won't provide chairs. Bring your own, I recommend the Helinox chair one, or a similar design. (Travelchair Joey, REI etc.)

6. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Would like to make it to opening ceremonies. Anyone flying in Thursday morning? I 'm going solo so now I'm going to not rent a car. I would like a ride Thursday morning from LAX to Convention and rather pay a fellow Star Wars fan than a taxi, anyone that can help, please message me, Thank you!!

7. Skywalker2B

Skywalker2B Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 8, 2000
  8. Jopari

Jopari Jedi Padawan

Apr 11, 2015
    Anyone know if the line for the live panel (arena) is full yet?

9. 80ninjas

80ninjas Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 25, 2014
    According to the guy who runs slashfilms, about four hours ago they estimated about 1500 people were in line. It'll start filling up now that wrist bands are being given out.

Don't forget about the overflow rooms though! They're just as live as the celebration stage!

10. walldoggy

walldoggy Jedi Knight

Aug 7, 2013
    They were still handing out Celebration Stage (live panel) wristbands around 7. They have since started on the Digital overflow rooms (simulcast). We are all still in the queuing area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 10 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    A couple of our mods are in the queue - they posted over in the Lit CVII thread earlier.

12. MannieBothans

MannieBothans Jedi Master

Oct 8, 2002
    I was not able to be there on Thursday morning, but I have a few questions for future planning purposes:

1. At what time did the arena fill up for the JJ&KK opening panel?

2. Did they cap the total line for all overflow rooms for the main panel? If so, at what time did they start turning people away? Did people wait in line who were not able to get into an overflow room, and if so, how long did they wait?

3. Besides the opening ceremony and the store, what line was the longest in which you waited? Did they cap that line, or did people wait in line and not get in?

13. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I hadn't planned on going to the panel, since I didn't want to be in line all night. I still woke up at around 7 and decided to go and see what it was like. When I got to the convention centre at around 7:30 they were just announcing that the main stage was full and I was put in line for the digital stage. I'm pretty sure that anyone who wanted would have been able to get in to one of the rooms where they were streaming it, to me the line behind me when we started to move didn't seem too long.

I didn't stand in line for more than an hour for any other panel, but that was because I rather went to smaller, more "unpopular" ones so that I could attend more panels rather than one specific big one. I never set foot in the main arena or the digital stage after the opening ceremony.

14. GlastoEls

GlastoEls Jedi Padawan

Oct 31, 2012
    1) I'd estimate that the final few Celebration Stage bands were given to those who arrived 630-7am. I got there about 5.30am and had no problem at all.

2) No idea sadly, as I was in line!

3) Celebration Stage - other than JJ, the only ones that truly "sold out" were Mark Hamill and the Closing Ceremony, if memory serves. You could've walked into Carrie Fisher, Smuggler's Bounty, Gareth Edwards, etc. Digital Stage: Revenge of the Sith 3D was ludicrously oversubscribed, as was Rebels - likely you'd need to get there two hours in advance to guarantee. One hour might not have been enough. The Force Awakens exhibition line was crazy - four hours on the Saturday.

15. MannieBothans

MannieBothans Jedi Master

Oct 8, 2002
  16. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I was never going to queue for the first panel -- avoiding spoilers y'know -- but it was fun watching everyone else do it. Had to avert my eyes whenever they showed the preview, too.