main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When did Star Wars air on UK TV?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Kurtmajister, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kurtmajister

Kurtmajister Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2004
    Does anyone know of any particular airdates when Star Wars aired on UK TV, specifically on Granada TV in the North West around 1986 - summer 1987? It has a been something of a quest of mine to finally find the answer for the last decade now and I'm determined to get it.

There's absolutely no chance at all of getting anything from ITV.co.uk, which seems more interested in insisting that I catch up on Coronation Street.

Any help anyone could provide would be gratefully appreciated.

2. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I remember seeing Star Wars on telly for the first time around 1981 or 1982 - I think that was its UK TV premier?

The Empire Strikes Back premiered Christmas Day 1987.

Return of the Jedi Boxing Day 1988.

All on ITV.

buddhahat likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    So ITV had a lock on them that far back? That was before I moved here so I didn't realize ITV had them that long.

4. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Yeah, they all aired on ITV back in the day.

The BBC should have spent some of that license fee money and secured the broadcast rights, so they could have shown them without ad breaks.

5. Phantom_Jedi

Phantom_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

Oct 4, 2002
    Star Wars first aired on Sunday October 24th 1982 on ITV at 7.15pm and ending at 9.30pm. I still have the TVTimes with Vader and the others on the front!

buddhahat likes this.
  6. Separatist101

Separatist101 Jedi Master star 3

May 11, 2010
    Yeah I agree with that, problem with ITV is that they advertise during films, something I can't stand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.