main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When did you become a SW fan?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Commander Antilles, Sep 6, 2001.

?

When did you become a SW fan?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Seeing ANH

48.9%
  2. Seeing ESB

6.9%
  3. Seeing ROTJ

6.8%
  4. When post 1991 EU began

7.0%
  5. Seeing the Special Editions

20.1%
  6. Seeing TPM

10.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999

Remade to include all possible options today: http://boards.theforce.net/census_and_games/b10264/26218434/p1/?0

2. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I was hooked after A New Hope

3. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    2nd grade, watching ANH. But not when it was in theaters. More like 1994ish, give or take a year. :)

4. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Seeing ANH when I was 2 or 3 (it was in the late 80s). All I remembered were the Tatooine scenes, Darth Vader and the lightsabers. Then I just kind of forgot about it.

A few years ago I really got into SW again when I told one of my best friends that I was Obi-Wan Kenobi. I don't know why either.

5. Jayd

Jayd Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    When I saw ESB with my dad in Year 6, 1994, on the telly. I fell in love, and the next day I went to the library to find SW books. Guess what I found? Dark Force Rising. Then HTTE and TLC (though I had to order that one in). So technically Zahn hooked me, even though ESB got me thinking about SW.

Not that you care. :)

~Jayd

6. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    Well, probably when I saw Empire Strikes Back, but I watched that on video, so does that count?

7. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Picking up Heir to the Empire is what got me hooked. Although I did watch the movies on video all the time.

8. B.J. Zanzibar

B.J. Zanzibar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 7, 1999
    I born in '71, so Star Wars was my Mother Goose.

9. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    7 years old, waiting in line for ANH. I still remember that too. My god I'm ancient

10. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    I loved Star Wars ever since I was 12. Yeah, a little late in the game, but hey, I always say better late than never. :)

11. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    After seeing ANH when I was 5.

12. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    I really became a Star Wars fan when I went on Star Tours at MGM Studios around the late 80s/early 90s, but for the benefit of this poll it would be when I watched ROTJ in 1992.

13. Aerica

Aerica Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I didn't vote, cuz I would have to say that seeing all 3 OT movies made me a fan. I can't pick out just one. I have always, in the back of my mind, been a SW fan, but I had never seen all of the movies in their entirety to really get into it. But when USA Network (tv channel) showed the whole trilogy for a week in '96 or '97 (before I ever KNEW that the SE's were gonna come out), I REALLY got hooked. That was a wonderful time....Star Wars seemed so new and exciting!

14. AdmiralZaarin

AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 8, 2001
    I saw ANH SE. All I remember is the Death Star Conference Room, and the Trench Run.

15. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    When the SE's came out. I was born in 82, so I was a little late for the original releases.

16. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    I actually made fun of my friend for liking STAR WARS, until the Special Edition came out. I've been hooked ever since.

17. BobaFettucini

BobaFettucini Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2001
    Saw ANH in the theatres in '77 when I was 3. It's one of my first memories.

18. jedsoon

jedsoon Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2001
    i have been hooked from the beginning, seeing ANH in theatres in '77.

19. Rogue_Starbuck

Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2000
    Saw ANH when I was 4. Instantly hooked. I wanted more. And I got it, for the following year was 1983 and Return of the Jedi hit the cinema... :D

20. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I was half interested in SW in the mid-80's, but lost interest in 1987. That was it until 1996, when I started buying the toys and getting the official UK mag, just before the SEs came out.

21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    When I saw my first ever Star Wars movie Star Wars A New Hope in 5th grade, I was hooked from there on in. I have evry Star Wars movie and some guides and books. Star Wars rules!

22. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Two years before the SEs came out, I just happened to watch ESB on tv, and was hooked.

23. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    Well, my interest in SW began after seeing part of Return of the Jedi on TV one day (it was either in late 1994 or early 1995). But I truly became a fan after getting the Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back game for the SNES and seeing the OT on VHS for the first time.

24. Whimper

Whimper Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 1999
    Around 1986 or so, when the movie channel was showing all three movies back to back. My parents taped ANH and ROTJ, and I watched them all the time. In fact, until the THX re-release in the mid-90s (the one before the SEs), I had only seen ESB twice, so to see it then was "very familiar, like something out of a dream". :)

25. Haefalas

Haefalas Jedi Youngling

Aug 23, 2001
    Probably when i saw the old editions on the TV... That was ages ago...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.