main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When did YOU discover star wars?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by GrandAdmiralPelleaon, Mar 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowOfTheEmpire

ShadowOfTheEmpire Jedi Youngling

Feb 22, 2002
    when i was in 4th grade, my friend was absolutely OBSESSED with SW movies, and i had to rent them to see what he was talking about...

2. THX_Princess

THX_Princess Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I grew up with Star Wars, but I wasn't a diehard fan until about 6 months before Episode I came out. :)

3. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    when the special edition was released in theaters

4. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    You know, I really don't know.

My parents say they showed it to me when they thought I was old enough, but they aren't (and weren't) big fans.

I do remember going to see Star Trek: First Contact and being excited about the Star Wars: SE poster I saw.

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    First saw it when I was 8 years old - my half-sister had brought a version of ANH taped off TV to entertain me. I still remember being confused at the "Episode IV" and how excited I was to hear the origins of Darth Vader. :D

Saw all the movies, liked 'em fine.

SEs came out. I was hooked.

And here I am... :)

6. MynDonos

MynDonos Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 30, 2002
    i'm now 15, and i first saw it when i was 3. my great aunt shipped over ANH all the way to Miami where i reside from Berlin, where she was visiting, for my third birthday. i was absolutely hooked on it the second i saw it, and the video is so worn out now that i'm afraid to play it for fear of ripping the tape inside. i didnt understand much of it, for example i thought the death star attack was a contest of some kind, especially because of the medals they all got at the end. about five years later after memorizing the trilogy backwards and forwards a friend of mine showed me Ambush at Correlia, and i was introduced to the EU. for the last seven years i have been reading every single novel that came out, starting with the correlian trilogy, the thrawn trilogy, and the glove of darth vader trilogy in the last few months of second grade, now i'm at DJ and havent missed a single book.
    i've been a die hard fan since that fateful day seven years ago when i was shown AAC. thank you dan for further igniting my star wars obsession.

7. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    In 1977. I was born in 1965.

STAR WARS is great!

8. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    I discovered SW when the SE came out in 1997. Star Wars is so addictive.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    In 1995 I was watching my friend play Rebel Assault II: The Hidden Empire on his computer. Well, I heard everyone in the game saying something about this force. Well, I asked my friend, "What's the Force?" He said that I wouldn't understand and would have to see the movies. So, I took his advice and rented the movies. The rest is history.

10. PloKloon1138

PloKloon1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 5, 2001
    Right now.

(Runs away).

8-}

Seriously though, I probably got hooked somewhere between the SE's and TPM.

11. PlastiqPhantom

PlastiqPhantom Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2002
    I'm only responding to this because it was at the bottom of the Star Wars Misc board and I thought i would push it up because I have nothing better to do at 5:30 am, and to answer your question when i was 3.

12. Maladour-Fei

Maladour-Fei Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Back in 1980 when I got my first Star Wars toys. Then in 84 I was really hooked as I saw the entire triolgy for the first time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.