main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

when do they normal have that star wars celebration breakfast

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by wertyfun, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wertyfun

wertyfun Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2010
    I hope they dont do it before the celebration.Do they normal have the breakfast on first day. thanksguys for your help and time

2. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    I'm interested in this too. I think I saw somewhere on the boards that it was Saturday morning?

3. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    What does it consist of?

4. wertyfun

wertyfun Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2010
    I also wonder how much they normal cost for breakfast?

5. Mr_Mundi

Mr_Mundi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    At C4 they had Fan Breakfast Friday and Sunday.
    The tickets was sold through Ebay for $70.
    It was Will Call, but it was still not possible for non-US-residents to buy them - damn it.:(

6. wertyfun

wertyfun Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2010
    What did you get for 70 dollars?what was include in celebration breakfast

7. jedifrog31

jedifrog31 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2010
    Do you guys think it will be 70 dollars for celebration this year?how many people have gone too celebration breakfast before?Did you have a fun time

8. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    I've attended both breakfasts at C3 and C4. The C3 breakfast was $50, and C4 was $70. The food was average at best. You get a gift bag full of Lucasfilm goodies, an autographed picture from the host, and the exclusive figure for the convention.

By far, the most valuable part has been early entrance to the show after the breakfast. You were allowed directly into the hall at C3, and at C4 they had a special entrance for breakfast people. No line for you that day to get in.

Nice stuff, but to some people that might not be worth it.

9. jedifrog31

May 13, 2010
    What time did they let you in? That would be worth it if you went in early and get some exclusive items. =D=
    THat would be cool if you can get exclusive items from the Gentle Giant. [face_praying]

10. jedifrog31

May 13, 2010
    When are the going to tell us when the breakfast is.
    Are they going to tell us soon? [face_hypnotized] :confused:

11. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    There's nothing saying they have to do a breakfast this time. Totally different company is organizing the show so they may opt to go without the breakfast.

If they do choose to do it, like with everything else, we'll know when we know. :)

12. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Yes, OPX will be holding the popular Fan Club Breakfast for CV:

http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/celebration-v.html

13. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    I stand corrected. Had been only checking the official CV site. Cool!

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    No problem, Matt. Hope to see you at the breakfast!

15. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    Bacon + Star Wars = No brainer!

16. dustinroberts

dustinroberts TFN Content Manager star 1 VIP

Aug 23, 2001
    Yes OPX has the license for these and will be doing two from what I am hearing, one Fri Am and one Sat AM. They are no longer "Fan Club" breakfasts, but rather just "Fan Breakfast" seeing how Hyperspace has fizzled out. this means you do not have to be a member of the Fan Club in order to attend.

I hope to see you there as I will be assisting each one!

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    The Friday morning breakfast at CIV was easily one of the main highlights for my wife and I.

I wouldn't even call it a "breakfast" persay - it was more like a family gathering of passionate fellow SW fans.

We met some awesome people during the event and we're really looking forward to doing it again at CV.

18. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    I hope it isn't $70 for the breakfast. With all the money I'm spending just to go to this thing, I'd be crazy to spend that much money. My hotel will be offering free breakfast. So I just gotta get up early, eat up, and then take the shuttle to the con, lol. But this does sound really fun and the whole getting in without a line deal is very tempting. But, we'll see. Any details on where we can buy tickets to this?

19. dustinroberts

Aug 23, 2001
    That $70 covers more than your eggs and bacon bub, how about renting the facility, hotel staff to prepare the room set up tables, plates, silverware, linens etc, staff to cook the food, deliver the food and remove the food and tear down.

Please do not look at it as a $70 plate of food.

You also get a goody bag, chances to win cool collectibles, an autograph or maybe two hmmmmmm?

Plus you're up at the buttcrack of dawn with about 100 other folks who are all anxious to get their Star Wars on!

Hopefully early admission is a another plus this year.

We will have to wait and see. As of now it hasn't even been announced. Stay tuned to TheForce.net for news soon as we get it from OPX.

20. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I have not been to a breakfast yet, and I regret it every time. :_| If they have one I may go this year.

21. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Me too

22. Baco_Sapan

Baco_Sapan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    Yeah, it does sound really fun. And if early admission is possible, then yes that would definetly make it more worthwhile.

But all I'm saying is that some people are already paying enough as it is just to attend the event. Take me for example, my wife and I have to pay over $400 for plane tickets, like $250 for the hotel, almost $200 to go to the event for Friday and Saturday, and all the money that goes into our costumes. Not to mention food and travel expenses while being down there. So when you put all that together and then on top of all that dish out $70 more, just for breakfast and a bag of stuff, it doesn't really seem worth the investment to me. Call me crazy, but that's just how I see it.

But hey, if the money's there I see no reason why not.

23. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    The way I see it is you might as well just do it. If your spending the money to go down, go big or go home. What is another $70 if you already spent $1000 total to get there and stay. I know me and the gang I'm going down with will definitely try to get tickets.

24. MattDoc

Dec 10, 2009
    The beauty of it is that it's all optional and your own choice. One could buy a basic 1-day pass and travel to Orlando on the cheap and have a great time, if that's all they can afford and it makes them happy. At the other end of the spectrum you could "go big" as mentioned above and get all of the VIP tickets, attend all of the extra events, etc. and have just as much fun as the person who just did the con for one day and nothing else. It's all your choice.

But, if the options to do these extra things were not out there, I think you'd hear more complaints. People would be saying, "I'm in town for 4-5 days and all there was to do was the convention from 9am to 6pm. I was bored after-hours." There is exactly zero chance of anyone being able to legitimately make that complaint at Celebration.

25. dustinroberts

Aug 23, 2001
    oh yes to each their own for sure, and this isn't for everyone, but if you haven't given it a try yet then why not :)

I'll see you all at C5 regardless of where you eat breakfast :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.