main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

when do they normal have that star wars celebration breakfast

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by wertyfun, May 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    No one is twisting anyone's arm to do anything there :p

That said, I highly recommend the breakfasts, I believe the C IV version included the convention exclusive figure (don't know if they would be able to do that this time as it's a two pack) plus a free autograph from the attending breakfast guest, so the way I look at it is $70 - $20 for an autograph I might have been getting anyways - $15-20 for an exclusive figure I was getting anyways so that brings it down to $30-$40. Not bad.

2. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    There is a tab for the breakfast on the Official Pix website under coming soon. Hopefully more details will be available shortly.

I've been to 3 breakfasts and I've loved them all. Yeah, it's a little pricey for some, but I still think it's worth it.

3. Robonino

Robonino Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    So, are you guys thinking that this will be Friday and Saturday morning? If you are able to purchase a ticket for each day, are you allowed to attend twice? Just curious.

4. jedifrog31

jedifrog31 Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2010
    I would like to go both days because my Jedi stomach could
    go for some bacon and eggs. IF I don't have a fork and knife I will use the force. HA [face_laugh] :rolleyes:

5. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    Ok, has anyone else noticed that the "Fan Club Breakfast" link that was in the coming soon section on OfficalPix website is now GONE! Did I miss something?!?!? I can't find anything on their website saying it was activated or if it's been sold out.

6. Abhib

Abhib Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2010
    as JE said, I never even saw this link, where is it ?

7. Thistledown

Thistledown Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2002
    It wasn't a link, but a grayed out button under Coming Soon and above OPX Exclusives.

8. Abhib

Abhib Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2010
    ok but as JE said it is gone, so what does that mean

9. Robonino

Robonino Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2009
    Hopefully it is because they are preparing to update it with some solid info...

10. dustinroberts

dustinroberts TFN Content Manager star 1 VIP

Aug 23, 2001
    FYI: Saw a similar question this morning over in teh Scum forums and just saw an update to it from Anne at OPX . . . .

"Hi All, For those of you inquiring about the Fan Breakfast, we have decided not to do one at Celebration. We felt that another $70 ticket on top of all the other add-ons at the convention was not in the fans' best interest. There's plenty to enjoy already. See you there! -Anne"

11. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    And it looks like they've removed the greyed out button under the Coming Soon section of the navigation on the website: http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/celebration-v.html

Too bad. I'm sure they would still have been able to find enough of us to pony up the $70 for it.

12. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Sad to hear, as the breakfast at CIV was one of the main highlights for us.

Oh well - guess I now have another $140 to drop in the Exhibit Hall...

13. JediEddy

JediEddy Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2001
    CRAP! I was really looking forward to this. Ok, so who's up for a "FAN" breakfast on our own? I'm up for contacting an "IHOP", "Bob Evens" or something to that affect in advance and letting them know we'd like to schedule a morning where XXX fans will be showing up. I'm sure any establishment would be fine with a full house! Anyone else intersted in something like this? If not, I'll just get toast and drink my blue milk alone! :^(

14. jonboy

jonboy Jedi Knight

Mar 30, 2010
    was really looking forward to this thats bad news!!! GIVE US WHAT WE WANT!! lol ...lets do it ourselves!

15. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Everyone is more than welcome to join me at the La Quinta for the complimentary breakfast each morning. I won't have any giveaways though, sorry. [:D]

16. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Arnie from SWAN confirm that there will be NO Fan Club Breakfast at CV

17. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I also called about the breakfast--I've never been to one although I attended all the Celebrations except for C-1. I was told that the cost of the food at the hotel was extravagant (much more expensive than at previous Convention hotels) and also that the fans could probably do without the extra expense. I got this from the OfficialPix folks (called them directly) concerning the breakfast.

18. Abhib

Abhib Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2010
    Man I wanted this bad

19. clonetrooper10

clonetrooper10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 6, 2010
    :_| It doesn't surprise me since this is the last year on hyperspace{the official fan club }. Which kind of comes to me as a shock, since I've been a member for many many years. And I was hopeing to do the fan club breakfast, but what can we do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.