main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver When do tickets go on sale here

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Chill, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chill

Chill Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2002
    i just got a reply to an email i sent today to Famous Players. it's the same response i've gotten all week from them. Here's what they wrote:

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your inquiry. Please be advised we are still in the works of creating a plan for advanced ticketing options for Star Wars Episode 2, however we do not have any details at this time and will not have those until closer to the date. Please inquire closer to the date for further details.

Sounds like they won't be selling tickets till probably next week (ie. closer to the date).

2. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    My guess Chill is they will go on sale May 9... one week prior...
    Least with TPM the movie opened May 19 and tix when on sale May 12... so Im sticking next to May 9 for AOTC!!!

3. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I don't mean to start a panic here, but...

The Victoria FanForce just found out that advanced tickets went on sale here starting last Friday (May 3rd). We found out this afternoon when one of our members tipped us off, and a few of us rushed downtown to buy up tickets for the rest of the membership. Fortunately, there were plenty of tickets left, but it could have been much worse had the theatre contacted the media about the sales.

The alarming thing is, the SilverCity theatre (the one that one of our assigned members had been contacting on literally a daily basis for weeks) were phoning to tell us "they wouldn't know until this coming Wednesday (May 8th) when advanced tickets would be available at either SilverCity or the Odeon" (the two theatres are managed by the same company, and are supposedly in constant contact with one another). Our liason's answer to this was, "Oh? How is it that you've been selling tickets at the Odeon since last Friday, then?"

The SilverCity contact was shocked at hearing this news, stating that they (the Odeon) wasn't supposed to be doing that, since neither theatre had yet been given the offical go-ahead from their head office. Profuse apologies were made by both theatres' contacts along with several solemn acceptances of the responsibility in this error and lack of communication and customer satisfaction.

My advice to the Vancouver FanForce would be to get actual confirmation from your theatres once again, to ensure that they haven't already been selling advance tickets and do not yet know when they'll be able to...then keep calling daily with the same questions.

Best of luck to you all,

- Rani

4. stranger0

stranger0 Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2002
    I think what I may do sometime this week is go into Silvercity Coquitlam (2 minutes from my house) and just ask them point blank. (Damn, I could have done that at Metrotown last weekend when I saw Spiderman too - oh well)

btw If Spiderman is any indication of what the quality of movies will be like this summer, we're going to be in for a very big treat. I'm amazed at how good of a job they did with Spiderman and after reading all the spy reports (ok well most) and hearing the hype from others, I think we'll all be very happy at the end.

5. Saber_lite

Saber_lite Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2001
    I just bought 2 tickets for the 12:01 showing at the Grande - at Strawberry hill( Surrey). It is a Cineplex Odeon theater but it it real similer to the F P Silvercity theaters in size and sound. Apparently they went on sale at 11:00 this morning there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.