main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO When should we have the November meeting?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Knight_Birr, Oct 29, 2004.

?

When should we have the November meeting?

Poll closed Nov 8, 2004.
  1. Saturday the 6th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. sunday 7th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. saturday 13th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. sat urday 20th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. sunday 21st

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. saturday the 27th

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. sunday the 28th

4 vote(s)
    80.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    But then we build a life size Jabba or an Admiral Ackbar ham, and it's all good.

lol, yah same here...cept for us its a death star pinata or a baby rancor. :)

2. Gilbu_Cotac

Gilbu_Cotac Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    Mmm... Ham-iral Snackbar...

I'm coming from La Junta, which is Spanish for: "Big enough for a WalMart Supercenter, but not a decent movie theater."

3. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I used to live there. [face_plain]

lol...so take hwy fiddy to I-25...take I-25 south...take the Abriendo exit...its gonna be on your right...can't miss it...if you hit Thatcher/lincoln/4th street you've gone too far...seriously, cant miss it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow...do we want to meet out front or is there someplace inside we were thinking about?

4. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    if its gonna be cold, i will wait outside and direct pple to where everyone is. no sense in everyone freezing. I am the blue one. it kind of fitting really.

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Not to throw a wrench in things...but...

The library will be open, right? I know they keep weird hours on Sundays...but will we getting there right when they close, or right when they open?

6. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    good point. i called them. and thats right when they open. well ppl might be late and all. so we wont start the meeting right at 1. but it will give ppl some time to get stuff and get settled.

7. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I would like to ask that people do their best to be on time...Things happen, but in my experience I've found that being on time is a choice, not an accident. ;)

8. Gilbu_Cotac

Gilbu_Cotac Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2002
    I quite agree Mistress.
    But for me, church is a factor on Sundays. It should be done between 11:30 and 12, so I'll be there 1:30 at the latest.

9. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

I think I will reserve all my thoughts for the meeting see ya all tommorrow. Later Days...

10. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hey guys, I was really looking forward to talking with you all, especially about current issues, but the roads are looking kinda iffy, so I don't know if I'll be able to make it down :(

11. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    are you in Springs or Wyoming, now, JGoC?

Give the roads a few...its clear as a bell down here. Maybe the sun will come out. :)

Are we planning on invading a sitting area, or has someone thought ahead and reserved a conference room?

We could always take the amphitheater in the childrens libraby, I suppose. [face_devil]

12. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    In the springs. I'll keep an eye on them :)

13. Dark_Side_Otaku

Dark_Side_Otaku Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2004
    See you guys this afternoon!
    [face_skull]

14. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ok, half an hour until I would have to leave to make the meeting, but the roads are bad in town and I don't want to risk it. :(

Hope the meeting is fruitful!

15. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    The meeting was fruitful...there were nine people in attendance and we came to a couple of decisions.

It was unanimously decided that the SouthernColoradoFanForce will become an amalgamated fan group encompassing the existing SCFF, and those of Pueblo based fandom...ie the SCJ and Rmff members who live in Pueblo. This is not to say that we no longer belong to whatever we belonged to before 1 pm today...its just to say that we want to come together and create something new...here in Pueblo.

So, it was also decided unanimously that since the majority of SCFF members do reside in Pueblo, that Pueblo should be the home city, or place where the majority of meetings and events takes place.

Our next official meeting will be a joint meeting/New Years eve party on December 31st...we will start a thread to discuss elections in one week. If you want to nominate someone for cr or co-cr, please do so there. If you want to nominate yourself, go for it.

The voting will take place on newyearseve...if you cannot make it, you can pm your vote to the existing CR, and he will tabulate those ballots upon arrival at the meeting.

There were a lot of great ideas for future events discussed at the meeting, but as we all decided this would be a trial run, maybe those ideas should be left on the back burner until we decide whether or not this grand experiment is even going to work.

Oh yah...it was unanimously decided that we should attempt a joint board for a trial run of one month...if it doesnt work out, we come together at the next meeting and try and hammer it out...if it doesnt get hammered out, we go our seperate ways, and try again for a seperate Pueblo Fan Force.

Like I said...fruitful. We talked for two hours plus about this. It was actually pretty cool, and very productive.

Any questions? lol

Hope I didnt leave anything out...please chime in if I did. :)

16. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Glad that it was all talked out :)

I do like the tags on the subject lines, that was a great idea.

17. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    I was quite happy with the meeting. we got a lot of stuff figured out. and getting it back on track.

18. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Excellent news. :D

~H~

19. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    Yah, we figured you would like the tags on the subject lines. :)

We thought it would make local posting more organized...we are going to try to make talk of local events and get togethers easier for all Southern people to find...we were surprised to discover that a few SCFF members rarely go on the Denver boards, so everytime we discussed things going on down here up there, we lost a few people in the shuffle.

Plus, it might make these boards hop a bit more, and so far they havent been utilized like that.

20. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Sounds like it was indeed a fruitful meeting. Feel free to let me know if there's anything a Northern brutha can do to facilitate.

21. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    will do, home-skillet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.