main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga When The Hunter Becomes The Hunted (Obi, Asajj) Thanks to readers!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jennifer_Lyn, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    I am THRILLED to see you posting on this story again, J_L! And Asajj's epiphany was beautiful and touching.

What was that? :eek: Be careful what you ask about, dearie, you might just get an answer![face_mischief][face_skull]

2. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    I can?t tell you how happy I am to see you writing this again. And you haven?t lost your touch. Wonderful. The interaction between Obi and Asajj was so right and all the little details you put in make it such a rich story. And an evil cliffie! I look forward to seeing where this goes!

Great post, welcome back J_L![:D]

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Yay!! [face_dancing] She's catching on and allowing the Force (Living Force at that!) to guide her actions. Sweet!!

Uh oh... disturbance? [face_worried] Not good I bet...

Can't wait to see what it is! And welcome back, hon! [:D]

4. Stella_Ripple

Stella_Ripple Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 29, 2005
    Beautiful characterisation! As always the characters come out of the screen when you write in your amazing little details, capturing all those little nuances. Lovely interaction, and I like how Asaji felt the living force- do i detect a strategical opposite of ben's affinity to the force?[face_thinking] (good luck decoding that babbling!)

Evil bunnies...disturbances...I've good feeling about this [face_skull]

5. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    It is wonderful to see you back! [:D]

This update was wonderful! I really enjoyed the scene between Obi-Wan and Asajj, you capture them both beautifully.

And I am most curious about the disturbance they felt. [face_thinking] Could it have something to do with Vader? Or is it something else?

:D :D :D

I look forward to the next part! :)

Ani-maniac

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Welcome back! [:D]

The sky was purple, shades of lavender, the stars still shone." She sighed, "It was breathtaking."

Asajj enjoying the view?

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I didn't know she had it in her! :p

I'm very intrigued by the disturbance in the force they both felt...

Can I be added to the PM list? [face_praying] [face_praying]

Looking forward to more!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    "I moved into one position or another as I always did, but with each move I could feel a tug, almost like a rope, on my mind. It wouldn't let up until I followed its suggestion." She grinned. "As I did, it led me into a stance that felt like it was made just for me.

"Any idea where all of that came from?" he questioned, returning the smile with his own, knowing grin.

"Yes," she sighed. "The Living Force. It was so simple. I let it lead me and it all just felt right."

Ahhh, the Living Force! How wonderful that Asajj is feeling it! :)

So, what happens next? [face_frustrated]

"A disturbance in the Force." His agitation was barely concealed in Jedi calm. "There is something Dark at work here. We must find out who or what it is."

I don't think you are going to be very pleased when you do find out, Ben... [face_worried]

I like how you explain his aging prematurely due to the suns of Tatooine! :D

Great update! [face_dancing]

More, please, when Darth RL allows! ;)

Star

8. Lovely-in-Orange

Lovely-in-Orange Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2005
    I'm really glad to see you continue this, can you PM me when you update?

The interaction between Obi and Asajj is great. I like how his questions are really for her benefit rather than for his.

9. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Thank you all for coming back for more! Hopefully Darth RL will let me get you a chapter much sooner than the last one! I won't be on a regular schedule, but my pm list is up and running so you'll be sure to know.

Z: I'm just as thrilled as you are, believe me!

Kes: Thanks, m'dear! The details are my favorite part to write (can you tell?) and I'm so glad when people notice.

Kynstar: I think the power of the Living Force is the only thing that could get through to her. Remember, she's forseen her own end, the Unifying Force has little to show her.

Stella: Dear, I've had enough practice that your babbling does little to confuse me. Not sure if that's a good thing or not! Thanks for sticking with me!

Ani-maniac: So glad to be back, thanks! The next chapter should be quite helpful in quelling your curiosity. [face_devil]

KELIA: You're added to the list! Even the darkest of souls can be redeemed with the beauty of a brilliant sunrise. At least in my stories they can!

Star_Drifter: No, don't think Ben will be happy at all. The premature aging? Well, had to explain why Qui-Gon looked so vital in his 60s while Ben looked 10 years older while actually 10 years younger. Hopeing DRL will let me get a new chapter up soon!

Lovely-in-Orange: Figured that Ben's innate sense of people would let him in on things a bit ahead of when his student realized for themselves. Something he has worked hard on since Anakin's fall.

10. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Welcome back!
    I really liked this chapter (but, you know that already) especially for it's 'quiet before the storm' feeling.
    Great way to bring us all back to Ben's little love shack.

As always, your characterization is top notch. Ben is so very natural and when I think of Ventress this is the Ventress that I think of. Outstanding work, as always.

=D=

11. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Beautiful! =D= And so happy to see you back! [:D]

12. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Welcome back! :)

I'll admit that I cracked up when Asajj was talking how how she was moved by the view. But that scene where she describes how the living Force flowed through her was just lovely.

Looking forward to finding out what that pesky disturbance is...

13. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Wow, interesting story! I wouldn't have expected Asajj to go looking for Obi-Wan for that reason, but you make it work well! Love how they both proceeded so cautiously at first, but now they're getting much more comfortable around each other.

Those inquisitoriums (sp?) are really creepy! [face_sick] I wonder if they have anything to do with the disturbance Ben and Asajj felt? Though I think Vader or Palpatine would have a greater impact. [face_worried]

Great job so far! Please add me to your pm list, thanks!

14. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    oqidaun: [face_laugh] someday i'll write a post-ROTS Obi-Wan story without a female OC. i promise! huge thanks as always for your beta! it means a lot that i've defined Ventress for you.

VaderLVR64: thanks, ma'am! and it's lovely to be back, believe me!

DarthMousche: thanks for coming back! Asajj was quite surprised herself to be enjoying the view so much. the Force just kinda swept her off her feet rather unexpectedly.

Jedi_Tigris: welcome! so glad you're enjoying this. there will be more from the inquisitors coming soon. you'll be added to the list!

15. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    as a warm up for the next chapter, here's the cover art! click for full view:

[image=http://www.extemporania.net/other/swprojects/covers/hunted.jpg]

16. Jennifer_Lyn

Jun 8, 2005
    It is time. Enjoy! [face_devil]

Chapter 7

Two beings stood in a sheltered doorway speaking in quick, whispered tones. Their eyestalks rotated in all directions as they kept their heads close together in an effort to maintain some privacy. A small package passed discreetly from one to the other before they separated, walking in opposite directions as they quickly blended into the ragtag crowd on the streets. A few blocks away a well dressed landlord was screaming at a haggard constable, outraged to find that not only did the police have no clue who could have gutted his speeder with such efficiency, but that they also had no hope of tracking the beings responsible. He took out his frustrations the only way he could, kicking and pounding on the hulk of scrap metal that once was his high priced, imported vehicle as it sat upon earthen blocks.

Mos Espa spaceport. A less wretched hive of scum and villainy than its larger counterpart, Mos Eisley, it nonetheless held enough danger to encompass a multitude of sins for those who went looking for it. As such, few took notice of the three Inquisitors as they made their way through the streets. Although their hoods were up, they expended little other energy toward stealth and were unusually rewarded for their lack of effort. A dark cloaked figure was the ultimate cliche in this part of the galaxy. It was more a calling card than a method of deception, a fact clearly proved as the three agents were openly approached by a small, wiry Dug.

"Chuba pul mulia?" he asked. "Chuba naga hatun mulira?"

"No, we are quite well employed." replied the nearest Inquisitor, roughly brushing the Dug aside.

"A gula, Utman. Oto enki ura." came the grumbled answer as the Dug looked about for the next possible taker.

Despite the disinterest of the crowd, the three searched quite some time before finding a quiet corner they found suitable to their needs. As the leader pulled out a brand new interspace communicator, his brothers pulled close to the shining unit's scanning camera. It's type was rarely seen outside the Core, outfitted as it was with the most advanced encryption possible, high quality holographic scanning capabilities and transmitting on its own, proprietary, secured channel.

Taking a final look around before turning the unit on, the lead Inquisitor watched as the form of the Emperor, Lord Palapatine the First, flickered into view. Placing the unit onto the sandy ground, the three men knelt before it's cybernetic eye. All three cringed beneath their hoods as they felt the probing of cold fingers along each of the scars on their faces. Though the source of this chill was lightyears away, the scars made by his own hand allowed the Emperor to keep these men, powerful forces in their own right, under his manipulative thumb.

As the weight lifted from their heads the Inquisitors looked up at the man who once was considered a catch by many a widowed senator's wife. Now sitting shriveled and hooded in his darkened throne room, the light from the scanning unit gathering his image provided the only light, reflecting weakly off of his ashen pallor. The viperous voice that addressed them from the comm unit gave no quarter to slow reply.

"If you are taking the effort to use that pricey little gadget, I would hope that this means you have important news for me, my friends." He spat in a raspy tone. His throat gave clear evidence of its ravage long ago by the power of the Force.

All three hooded heads bowed deferentially and hissed in unison as if entranced by their master's words, "Yes, milord."

"Well, Kalmastrum, I am waiting." The irritation in the Emperor's voice was palpable, waves of power rippling out to his minions on the far away planet as they pulled back from his verbal strike.

Kalmastrum's head wove about in recoil as he stated his information plainly, without his usual circumlocution, "It would seem that Asajj Ventress has decided to hide herself on Tatooine."

The Emperor flicked an idle hand in their direction as if batting a fly. He spoke to

17. IAMKINGCLONE

IAMKINGCLONE Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Wow! i love this! Its tied with all in a Day's Work for my favourite fic. Hmm... Ventress & Obi-Wan or Clones. The toughest decision ever... I hope that Ventress makes it through this fic, she's one of my favourite characters. If she's managed to survive the Purge this far, why not all the way?

18. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Great Cover Art! =D=

"Training her? Interesting." Palpatine sat back into his large, black chair, folding his hands together as he did so. Equatorum thought the Galaxy's leader reminded him of nothing more than a sand viper preparing to strike. "Master Kenobi thinks to make her an ally. He tries to keep that traitor on the side of the Jedi." The wrinkled form smiled a darkly confident grin. "He does not realize that all hope is lost. Their little alliance will do neither of them any good." A small chuckle erupted from the Emperor's throat. "Kenobi thinks to take another student. He is a fool. Ventress shall return to the Sith as surely as Lord Vader did. It is only a matter of time."

Or, so you think... [face_thinking]

I hope that Asajj is stronger than that... [face_praying]

Great update! :D

Thanks for the PM! [face_batting]

Star

19. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    On no! They've found them [face_worried] ...

Great update JL...you've left me needing to know more!

Look out Obi!

20. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oooohhhh, the pace is really picking up now!

I certainly hope Obi-Wan and Asajj have a stronger bond than the Emperor thinks they do.

Loved the update!!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

21. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    [face_worried]

I have a feeling that Obi-Wan and Asajj are going to be in trouble...

Hopefully the Emperor has underestimated the good in Asajj's heart, just as he is with Anakin. :D

Wonderful post! [:D]

Ani-maniac

22. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Delightful! The introduction and conclusion have really given this chapter life.
    Your use of recurring themes and imagery is very well done.

Fabulous work.
    I loved it.

Again, what you did to the opening warmed my old crusty beta heart.

=D=

23. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Wow! :eek: That's scary... but prob true. Obi will prob seek them out. [face_worried] I truly hope Asajj's will is strong enough to withstand the Darkness.

Great update! :D :D

24. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Ouch - things are getting scary... I hope Asajj's stronger connection to the light helps her resist any compulsion to turn.

Palpatine telling them to wait reminds me of him telling Vader the same thing in RotJ. :p That line, "HE will come to ME?" just rang in my head.

25. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Your characterization of Palpatine is wonderful and chilling! Makes the Inquisitors look like puppies. I enjoyed this "bady guy talk" immensely. It says a lot that you can write it without sounding corny (like, say, ME!)

And....

I'll bite: Can we have a run down on the Inquisitors names? My ancient text dictionaries are all packed for the move.o_O Sorry.:p

Seriously, what do they mean? It is driving me crazy because I know I should recognize some of them immediately.

EDIT:

:oops:Almost forgot! Lovely job with the coverart!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.