main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When will Earth learn about the Stargate? (Speculation only, no spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Errant_Venture, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    This is a topic I've wanted to make for a long time, I was hoping to make it sooner but the forums didn't open in time for that. Anyways when do you think Earth will learn about the Stargate program, if ever? Is season 9 the time when Earth's populace will finally learn the truth? The Auri plague that has currenty affeccted a huge chunk of the US is pretty hard to cover up, especially when the US is now under quarantine.

I think this is probably the time when the US will no longer be able to maintain its cover story and the entire thing is exposed to the world. Anyone else think this or have a different scenerio when it'll happen, as I'm sure it eventually will?

2. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    You maybe right E_V. the latter half of Season 9 may well be the time that SGC's existance is finally exposed. On the other hand with SG - 1 being renewed for a 10th season, they may not want to do it this season afterall.

But on the otherhand, maybe exposing the Stargate and everything that's gone on with it the last few eps of season 9 and have the ramifications be revisited in Season 10 (if this IS indeed SG-1's final year), may well be the way to send out the series in style.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    The current plague doesn't necessarily require them to disclose the Stargate- like Birdfly or whatever, just call it an outbreak of a new disease.

However, I think it will have to be disclosed eventually. I think once we have a couple more ships in our fleet to more adequately protect Earth and Atlantis, they'll start considering disclosure- unless something like a Prior making it to Earth beyond the SGC or something like that forces their hand.

I think somewhere around Season 12 (since things seem to happen in roughly 4 year arcs on the show) we can expect them to possibly approach that story arc.

4. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    It'll be interesting to see relevations from that. I think that they'd really have to dedicate a lot of time to it.

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    It'd be really bad timing if Earth were to learn about the SGC during the Auri crisis as I'd imagine that'd make combating them a lot harder as they'd have to deal with the home front as well.

You do have a good point though Quest, the SGC revelation be a good plot point to pick up later when they run out of other ideas.

6. TC-47

TC-47 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 29, 2005
    Personally I'm surprised that them and the Russians have kept it quiet so long...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.