main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion When will the third anthology film be announced?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by jamminjedi23, Jul 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Ben Solo was framed. These two guys burned down Luke's temple!

2. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
  3. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    My probably incorrect theory.
    Wait until Baby Driver is done with its publicity.

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  4. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Edgar Wright directing a Anthology film?

5. LittleDefel

LittleDefel Jedi Master star 2

Jan 17, 2012
    My guess - next Wednesday

6. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Okay... it's a theory from watching Twitter.
    Edgar has been regularly chatting with Rian, and in one case it sounded like he'd seen TLJ footage. I know that's not much to go on.
    And, his Baby Driver gig is almost done. The movie will be out and the publicity dealt with soon, which will match up with KK's vague announcement in the summer.

And he seems like the kind of guy they'd recruit. He would fit a Boba Fett movie nicely.

So I'm probably wrong, but I have placed my bet, and if by a fluke I am right, then I have serious bragging rights.

ZY-Fighter and LittleDefel like this.
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Johnson and Wright are just friends. They have been for a while. Last summer, after TLJ wrapped principle photography, I recall the two of them making a point on seeing an older film together in London (I think).

Although if Wright were to do a bounty hunters film, Simon Pegg is already the voice actor for Dengar. Hm...

ZY-Fighter likes this.
  8. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Wright has a movie lined up for 2019. An animation called Shadows.
    So my theorem is shot down in flames.

9. GunganSlayer

GunganSlayer Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Well, given the chaos on the Han Solo film, I wonder if the announcement of the third project will be delayed while Lucasfilm puts out the flames on its current production?

10. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015

themoth likes this.
  11. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I highly HIGHLY doubt Disney would work with Edgar Wright again after the Ant Man fiasco coupled with the bad taste in their mouths from Lord and Miller.

12. Cedric T Sealion

Cedric T Sealion Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 19, 2014
    When? WHEN?

Maybe episode 9 will be the final movie and the franchise will go on hiatus for 10 years. :(

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think the answer to this thread is never. Should I just lock it up? :p

14. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014

15. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    You know that an hour after you lock this thread, there'll be an announcement.

Vib3s likes this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Then maybe I should lock it! :p

Vib3s and TCF-1138 like this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
  18. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    At this rate, I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if we have to wait until 2021 for this movie, and there's no Star Wars film at all in 2020. Lucasfilm has the fifth Indiana Jones movie coming out that year anyway, so it evens out.

cerealbox and GregMcP like this.
  19. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    It's frustrating that Disney has never had a problem revealing future Marvel movies, as well as recently revealing a slew of Pixar movies; but they insist on keeping future Star Wars movie projects a secret. Why the secrecy with Star Wars. [face_waiting] :confused:

20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, Marvel, Pixar and Lucasfilm are three different companies. It's to be expected that they don't all do things the same way.

21. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It’s no different, actually. Under Lucas Lucasfilm was very secretive, as well.

22. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Ya know, I'd be okay with that. An Indy film instead. Weird how these two series are intertwined.

23. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm more than fine with that, and I think I'd prefer it. It'll be healthy to give the series the year off, it gives them a extra year to put the third standalone together, and it gives them time to really plan out what they want to do with the series next. In the meantime we'll get Spielberg and Ford's farewell to Indiana Jones, which hopefully is a good one.

24. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    We don't even have the title to the Han Solo movie yet. We'll probably get that and then shortly after, maybe the same day, the trailer. Sometime after that we'll probably know who the third standalone will be about. Of course they might wait until after the release of The Last Jedi to reveal that. So we might not know until 2018.

25. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    At this point I don't think we'll get a Solo title until the trailer, so probably with TLJ's release in December? As for the third story, I'd love to hear something this year but after the issues with Solo I'm guessing that announcement has been pushed till next year, like PymParticles says they may even skip. 2020 at this point, just focus on fixing Solo and making sure IX is the very best it can be, then they can focus on the third story after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.