main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion When will they announce the first spinoff?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Summers1913, Jun 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    Do you think they'll save this for a specific event (if so where) or do you think they'll just let it out as they have been with the other information so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    If not by Celebration VII, then we may get a teaser with Episode VII

3. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Probably at a comic convention in the coming months, in order to take away the attention from Ep. 7's filming/post-production and to keep the veil of mystery around that project for a while longer. We shall see.

4. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Not soon enough!! ;)

Though I do think it will be similar to the casting announcement for Harrison, Mark and Carrie. It'll be nice to have the official confirmation, but we were already 99% sure it was happening. In this case, it'll be nice to have the official word, but it will almost anti-climatic when they confirm it's Boba.

5. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    Just looking at this during lunch today a lot of people now are saying not Boba first? Would be a disappointment to me if he isn't first.

6. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Comic-Con next month seems like a reasonable option, unless they are planning on holding out a little longer.

7. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    In all honesty, outside the fandom, most people will be too focused on "Oh, they're making episode VII" and won't be thinking ahead to the next one. If anything, it would probably be mentioned at SanDiego Comic Con next year with a heavier focus on Episode VII. This year, the focus will most likely be Rebels as its starting this fall.

bstnsx704 likes this.
  8. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    The last I heard Lucasfilm/Star Wars will not have any scheduled panel or event at SDCC this year.

9. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    Yeah. I've heard the same. Next year however might be different since they have a much bigger project to promote. 2015 is gonna be a huge year.

10. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Could be, but remember next summer is a D23 year. Generally Disney likes to keep it's big news reserved for that. For example Marvel Studios didn't go to SDCC three years ago. It all depends on if Disney wants to embrace SDCC again or encourage people to go to their con.

11. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    True. either one could be the time, but major spin off news i'm not expecting until at least 2015

12. Dewback

Jul 18, 1998
    Celebration would be a good time to unveil them too.

jedinightwing likes this.
  13. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    Yeah. Definitely have been expecting that as a given.

14. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    When will they announce the first spinoff?

SOON!

[​IMG]

15. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Anakin: I say patience.

Obi Wan: Patience?

Anakin: Yes. A Disney rep will be along in a few moments, and then he'll announce the spin off movie.

Summers1913 and Darkslayer like this.
  16. mratm23

mratm23 Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2014
    I mean, what do you mean by "announce"? When they reveal the title or what it's about? Cause technically, we don't even have that for Episode VII yet.

I consider both spin-off films to already have been 'announced'. Now I'm waiting for them to reveal more about them.

Summers1913 and Darkslayer like this.
  17. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    Yeah I should have been more clean. I guess if they just told us who the movie was about I would be happy. I'm really hoping if they do an animated spin off it's not the first one as some are saying.

18. JaymieSecord

JaymieSecord Jedi Padawan

Jul 19, 2014
    Since Disney has made it clear that they are focused on Rebels and VII, which is yet to be titled, I'd be satisfied with even a timestamp for the first (or first two) of the spinoffs. Anything to help us get started on the first of the spinoff speculation, beyond the Fett, Solo, Yoda rumors. I feel if this happened and we all had that second SW film to look forward to, the 497 days til VII wouldn't seem sooooo long.

DARTH_BELO and I know like this.
  19. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I would be cool with just about any spin off. But given my choice, I would prefer it to be live-action – I truly hope they don't just make all of them animated…

I would bet they want to keep the focus on TFA at least until it's released. They might be working on the spin off before that, but we wouldn't find out any information till maybe they make a very brief announcement, like in the comic con or something. But nothing more than that. I could see them handling it that way…

20. jedinightwing

Aug 4, 2009
    So....One would think that they might be a few drafts into script by now and/or have started pre-production since they'll have to film the first spin off this next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.