main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When you go shopping...

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by Skiara , Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    ...what kind of things do you always forget to buy?

To me it happens regularly that I want to buy a certain thing and when I'm back home, I realise that I bought everything but that thing. Maybe three times in a row. [face_plain] [face_laugh]

Mostly it's a certain kind of food.

Does that happens to you as well?

2. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Toilet Rolls and Lemon Squash :(

3. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Milk, which is funny since I drink a lot of milk and usually I go to the store just to buy milk. Thankfully I only have 50 meters or so the two major food stores.

4. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    For me it's a lot more and very annoying when carrying really heavy things. The more when I forget something that I really need 'now'.

But I think today I haven't forgotten anything. ;) :D

5. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I went to a bookstore the other day for a certain book. Then I made the mistake of taking a peek at the SW section. I came home with 3 books, none were the one I went for. I remembered later that day. :_|

6. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Another reason why the EU is wrong [face_whistling]

7. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    EU isn't wrong!

8. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It has some good sides, it has some bads sides and it binds the eras together.

9. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Oh no... :oops:

*waits for MacCaffrey to throw EU novels at halibut*

I could sell tickets to a mod fight. [face_thinking] Be right back. And I'll hide behind Skiara when I say "I like the EU"

10. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Something my mom put on the list :p

11. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Gungan, it's not EU books but EU book pillows. :p

Ehm, wait, what are you doing behind my back? *looks confused turning around herself to be able to see Gungan*

12. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Only pillows? Okay. :)

*comes back out to see everyone* :p

13. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    *g*

I guess that's a good example of how we get distracted by other things while shopping. Suddenly something comes up and we forget what we wanted (like discussing shopping here). :p

14. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Today I realised another thing I always forget, I did it today for example, and that is stuff that hasn't anything to do with food. For example dishbrushes, soap, toilet paper. It's like when I've passed the foodstuff, then my brain just concentrates on getting to the cashier and skips the last few shelves in the store.

15. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    We should NEVER share a house [face_plain]

16. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    But... that would bring up some funny discussions... :(

:p

17. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    That it would, Sabine. :p

*chucks copies of the X-wing series at halibut*

18. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Cheers, Darth. I forgot to get toilet paper when I went to the shop. :)

19. DarthPeptoBismol

DarthPeptoBismol Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2009
    Probably detergant for clothes.

20. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    As the total opposite to forgetting stuff, does anyone else get totally confused if you have planned to buy something and it's out of stock or something?

Just yesterday I went to Lidl because I wanted to buy two things Nürnberger würstel and cevapcici. I normally don't go to Lidl except for when I want more "continental" stuff. Turns out that the store was out of both of those things, so I ended up just going around the store picking up stuff that I actually didn't need instead, and spending a lot more money than I had planned when I went there.

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Nürnberger würstel? I didn't know that those are common in other countries. :eek:
    Something new every day. ;)

About your question, either I'm frustrated and go to one shop after another until I found it (or it isn't anywhere available) or I look for something similar and end up buying other and more things as I wanted. Lately it's more that I leave the shop without buying anything and checking one more shop and then going home - hoping for tomorrow. ;)

22. MacCaffrey

MacCaffrey VIP star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 2000
    That's my girl! [:D]

23. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I always forget stuff, usually the things one of the kids asks for at the last minute.

What about something you buy too much of? A couple of weeks ago I wanted bacon in a big way, so I bought some very nice bacon. When I went to get it out of the refrigerator one of my older sons had used it, all of it! I went back and bought more and it was on sale! This time I bought like 20 packages of bacon just so there would be some when I want it.
    Now they're teasing me constantly about all the bacon we have. [face_plain] I still haven't had any.

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    No they're not usual, that's why I had to go to Lidl, it's only the store that carries them, and quite a few other non-Swedish foodstuff.

25. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    I forget to buy things like toothpaste or cleaning products. Things you don't really want to buy, but eventually you have to.

Contrary to forgetting things, is there anything you always buy when you go shopping? I always buy Läkerol, a brand of throat lozenges. Not that I have a sore throat, I just always have to have them nearby. Sort of similar to how some people always need chewing gums, I suppose. It doesn't matter if I know that I already have several boxes at home. I like knowing that I have a big supply of Läkerol at home, so there's no risk of me running out of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.