main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When Your Sith Lord Acts Like A Sith Lord: Learning Not So Great Things About Your OCs

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Daughter_Of_TheForce, Jan 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Just remember, DotF... good villains never really die. He may well come back as a glowing red force ghost, and his poor apprentice will never get the spotlight...

I can empathize with a lot of this. One of my primary heroes was never intended to have center stage, and his Jedi Master was intended as a convenience in one story only. And they've just taken over! I SWEAR...

2. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    Just remember, DotF... good villains never really die. He may well come back as a glowing red force ghost, and his poor apprentice will never get the spotlight...

He would try something like that if he knew how. :p

3. AlphaTrion-TJW

AlphaTrion-TJW Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2003
    One of the things that puts some people off their feed when a villian takes over and does the witing isn't so much the act that the villan commits but the fact that the author has a place within their mind that can think up such dark, sick and/or twisted thing. No one like sot admitt it and but it's tru for every single living human that we all carry a certain amoutn of drkaness, or evil as some will say, within ourselves. Normally you wouldn't tap into it during your day to day life, but when you're writing a particallary (sp) bas villain you tap into that well spring. And some times a little dip in the pool becomes a flood. Call it a twisted form of wish fullfiment. You might be Mary Poppins but sometimes we just get a little thrill out of writing about evil things. Of course we'd never act on such impulses and we sit back and go "Oh my god that's sick, why'd I write that" but for a brief moemt we enjoy writing it.

Just my two cents though.

4. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    [face_shocked]

Another character has spoken up. And he's...not what I expected him to be. I gave him enough of a flaw to get him sliding down the slippery slope just a little bit. But now, with two stories instead of one, he took that flaw and ran with it.

So much for best laid plans. :p :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.