main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL where are all the star wars fans

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by George_Bush, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George_Bush

George_Bush Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2004
    i live in jax beach and think im the only one

2. yuleelee

yuleelee Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    I feel the same way.. I wish there was a Jax Force Chapter. I think there are enough of us to start something. It would would be great to at least get together sometime. Hey we should all meet at the beach! It would be sad to think I'll finally make my first SW friend at TinsleTown next May when Ep.3 premires.

3. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    hey I'm here, I'm a 501st & rebel legion member & I'm just itching to do someting in jaxs. All the activities are held in orlando/tampa area. You guys have costumes, if you do maybe we can do something for the release of star wars dvd's.

4. yuleelee

yuleelee Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Hey Blaze, Sorry it took so long to get back to ya. I don't own any costumes but I'm sure I could throw something together- like Mara Jade. Do you have any ideas about how to celebrate the Sept. 21 DVD's? ;)

5. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    well, I was thinking about going to best buys and talk to the manager, and since they are doing the same at several best buys stores in orlando and pensacola, I'm pretty sure he'll buy off on it. If not there are other stores that will be more thatn happy to get the free promo. I always itching to don my armor or jedi garb. (dark side speaking, jijiji)

6. yuleelee

yuleelee Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Sounds interesting. My Mara outfit looks good. I read the info on the midnight release events at Best Buy. Too bad there was nothing in Jax. What time do you want to meet? I don't want to be the only female there either. So come on ladies and show your SW spirit. So who else wants to go? :) Mira Nova

7. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I'm still talking with the GM of Best Buys, and I just got the Green Light from the XO of the Florida 501st, So far I got 2 guys coming from Daytona and us 2 so thats 1 Mara Jade, 2 Stormtroopers & 1 Clonetrooper. I know for fact that we got more people in Jaxs. I will Post the times and everything hopefully by Saturday.
    Come on people lets go TROPPING. We got 3 different Best Buys that we can go, I know at least one of them will say yes.

8. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    News flash. There is one event at midnight and I spoke to the manager today and is really exited about us showing up in costume. are you up for the midnight event or you prefer something on saturday.

9. yuleelee

yuleelee Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm flexible. Whatever is best for the greatest number of people. Is everybody on vacation? I sense a disturbance in the force. I'm starting to worry about the lack of SW fans. [face_worried] Have they gone on to other forums?
    Anyway, maybe I can get my husband to go and be a Jedi. He's not into the SW thing like I am.
    So, even if we have a small turnout, I'm sure we'll have fun! :)

10. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Okay... I swore I was never going to get involved with this board agian but ya'll have inspired me. Rekindled my geek....
    I helped start the Orlando and Melborne chapters, and I only say that as a way of maybe establishing some credibility, but wht you should probably do is set up a meeting before the Best Buy event. I know there are are many more people that read the board than actually post, and once they meet face to face may be more inclined to be more active.
    While I am going to be not able to make the Best Buy event I know that there is talk of a Touretes Syndrome charity event coming soon that I may be able to do.
    If you would all like I can get a meeting room at the beach, be that at the libary or a game store or my backyard.
    Just an offer and food for thought.

11. yuleelee

yuleelee Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Wow, I had a busy weekend.
    SPECTRE-- Thanks for your input. It was encouraging just to hear from somebody. Do you live in Melbourne? I used to live in Orlando for 20 years! I love it hear in Yulee.
    The way I see it we will be meeting face to face. I guess I thought a "meeting" might be boring to some. Just my opinion.
    The charity event sounds great. Any details?
    As far as a meeting place in the future we'll have to see what's the most convenient for everybody- I'm just minutes from GA! ;)
    Mira Nova

12. TheSpectre

TheSpectre Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2002
    Busy weekend?!?!? Do tell!
    I'm live in Neptune Beach, work in St Augustine. I just haven't been active in a while, and probably won't be the most active member for a while. I have a lot of other commmitments but I'll do what I can.
    If worst come to worst we can have the meeting on the beach.

13. yuleelee

yuleelee Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    My hubby had a weekend bow tournament in Ga. so that explains the busy part. Why did you sware you wern't going to get involved with the boards again? Just curious. By the way, that hurricane looks bad. We could start a new thread just talking about that in a few days.

14. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    I helped create the fan force chapter of san diego, so we got a lot in common. I'm trying to get this board started again, seems like everybody in Jacksonville is frozen in carbonite and we need to wake them up; that's why I want to get us involved with the Best Buys event. A meeting sounds great before the event. I say do it in a central location. I'm coming from cecil field.

15. jediAce90

jediAce90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2004
    I'm a little late for the Star Wars DVD release, but I was wondering just the same thing as this post is called. Where are all the Star Wars fans????!!!!!!! So what I wasn't alive when the movies came out, but I am still one of the (if not the biggest) Star Wars fan in the mid section of Northeast Florida! Well, I have been searching for a fan club or something near me, but I can't find anything. Guess this is my best choice. Well, may the Force be with you all!!!

16. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Hey JediAce!

There are starting to be some new posts around here so maybe a club or meeting will happen, finally, here in Jax.

Julia

17. yuleelee

yuleelee Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Hi Julia! Welcome to the Star Wars family.
    I'm in the process of joining the RL( rebel legion). Making my Mara Jade costume was a lot of fun. I'm glad to find my niche in the SW universe.
    My husband and I will be in your neck of the woods for Night of Lights in St.Augustine this Sat. to celebrate our anniversary.
    I live just north of Jax. If we get enough people interested I could host a meeting or some get-together in the future.
    I met some SW fans at the TSA event. They were all really nice. It was cool to see all the costumes.
    Check out the RL site- www.rebellegion.com
    Gina

18. jediAce90

Oct 14, 2004
    Yay, Star Wars fans! I live a little south of Jax. Orange Park. I'm gonna look at that Rebel legion. Maybe I'll join that. May the Force be with you all!

19. jediAce90

Oct 14, 2004
    Grrrrr, I hate to dissapoint anyone, but I can't join Rebel Legion, you see it has this rule about having to be 18....and....heh...I'm not.

20. darth-blaze

May 19, 2002
    hey, how old are you. Still It doesn't stop you from being a fan and having a costume. Believe me I had a costume as long as I can remember and my son has one also and I take him when I can to the events. So hang in there. Trust me.

21. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    Hey Gina - thanks for the welcome. I am working on finishing my Leia Bespin (Cloud City) outfit to submit to Rebel Legion for membership. I have some other Leia's that I have worn over the years but I am embroidering the whole back of the over-vest for this outfit. I want to be able to wear it to Celebration III in April.

Blaze - I am glad you have a costume for your son! I love to see 2nd generation SW fans.

Ace - you can still attend different conventions and events without being an official member of the various clubs. Dreamcon is coming up in Jacksonville and there are sure to be some SW people there and vendors selling things.

Let's keep this board going!

Julia

22. jediAce90

Oct 14, 2004
    Thanks for all the support fellow fans. I will continue being a Star Wars fan (for as long as I live?). And I do have some mediocre costumes of Jedi that I have thrown together (not to mention an okay custom lightsaber hilt). As for conventions and stuff, I'm hoping to go to Celebration III but that's being discussed. And I've also been to two Star Wars Weekends at MGM. May the Force be with you all!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.