main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where Are You Staying?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Healer_Leona , Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I've seen a couple different threads all over the boards with people listing they'd booked already. I'll never keep it straight. A tally of who's staying where would be nice.

I don't know yet. Beth will inform me of that. :p

Edit: What are some of the amenities of the hotel you picked?

Let's lock this thread so we can keep the main one going.

2. _princess_leia_

_princess_leia_ Jedi Master star 6

Feb 23, 2004
    Eden and I are staying at the Convention Center SpringHill Suites. There will probably be a few other people there with us, but we've yet to make concrete plans with anyone else.

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    The announcement said that they would have blocks of rooms with a convention rate available in January. Since I'm only a 'maybe' right for going, it's still too soon for reservations for me.

4. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    I'm staying at the Embassy Suites 6 blocks down. I'm driving but will probably walk. Or both bits closer than my C 4 hotel was. I want a fridge and microwave so we are staying there cause it's close and spacious.

5. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    I am waiting until I see what blocks of rooms have been booked. Not sure if I really want somewhere that is in walking distance or not as the weather is going to be just shy of awful that time of year and walking around in it AFTER having walked around all day isn't something I'm too keen on doing unless I have no alternative.

On the other hand, I do have some family in the area, so I might look into that option as well...

6. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I'll be staying at the Embassy Suites next to the convention center.

7. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

8. DK_Force85

DK_Force85 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    Am I the only one who likes the idea of staying at a villa better than a hotel? They're bigger, better, and cost less (per person) than hotel rooms. I think there are some near the Convention Center. Not certain though.

Check out these.

9. TK--421

TK--421 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 30, 2002
    Rosen Centre. It is literally across the street from the convention center so it doesn't get any closer than that.

10. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I don't know yet. Beth will inform me of that.

Same here!:p

11. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I think that's a really cool idea if you could get enough people together to make it worthwhile.

12. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Hotel rates, maps, reviews, etc.

http://hotel-guides.us/florida/orange-county-convention-center-fl-hotels.html

I booked 4 rooms at the Clarion Inn & Suites and 4 rooms at the Red Roof Inn, both about a block (or less) away:

http://www.clarionorlandoidrive.com/

http://redroof.com/reservations/property-detail.aspx?pid=00200

13. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

Roomie!!! [:D] [:D]

14. DK_Force85

Apr 13, 2006
    Though they would need to be within a few miles of the Convention Center. I've been searching for some close to it and have hardly had any luck so far. The villas seem to be mostly on the semi-rural outskirts of the Orlando area. Though it would be totally awesome if there are plenty in town that I've been overlooking.

15. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Really? I keep coming across them on google maps when I'm looking at the hotels. And amazingly at least for me and the time I'm looking at staying, they seem to cost about the same as a hotel room would.

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    As I'm still not 100%, I'll stay wherever my roommate books. :p

17. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    My seven yr old son & I are making a 9 day vacation out of this, so we're gonna be at the Econolodge($35 a night) All we need is a place to lay our head at night, because we plan on being away from our room as much as possible! :D

18. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I have 3 places booked so far:

1) A Hojos 5 miles away for $32 a night
    2) The Clarion
    3) On a wait list for a condo

Folks, reserve now before the rates skyrocket. You can always cancel the rooms later.

19. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    I haven't made the final decision to go or not; simply due to the fact that one does not simply go to Orlando and NOT go to the theme parks. It would need to be a two week vacation, and I'd be staying at the Pop Century at WDW. Maulie and I stayed there when I took her to WDW for her birthday in 07 and they treated us extremely well.

20. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I haven't made a decision on going yet. So, I'll just wait until they open whatever hotel room block they have. Walking distance to the convention center would be my priority.

21. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    ok, quick change; if we do go, it will be near the con for about 4-5 days (then can hit Universal/Sea World since they're nearby), then go to WDW for a week starting immediately following the con; Value season starts August 15th :p

22. DK_Force85

Apr 13, 2006
    You mean you wouldn't stay in Davenport? :p

23. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    Got my room at the Days Inn not too far from the convention center. :cool:

Don't want to have to depend on shuttle service. Short walk..better than the hike I had to do at CIV.

24. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    Gonna be staying at the Hilton Orlando.

I usually try to wait until the blocks of hotels go up...but darn it, I have yet to get the Hotel I've wanted to stay at doing it that way.
    So...*cough...after begging the wife...*cough, I booked early =D

25. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    I am booked at the Clarion Inn & Suites with my roomies. It os real close to the center and cheap especially with roomates. We always book early because it is hard for us to get those hotel blocks. In the maps it shows our hotel right across from the convention parking lot and since we are driving it is perfect. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.