main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where Are You Staying?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Healer_Leona , Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fistofury

Fistofury Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2002
    I'm at red roof - $50 a night.

From the aerial photo I can't tell if I'm on the back or front of the CC. Can anyone tell me which side is the main entrance?

2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I just booked a room at the Sleep Inn. It's about a 10 minute walk from the convention center.

Now I need to start looking for roommates. :p

3. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    booked at EconoLodge as well, for about 36 a night. Definitely starting to get super excited now.

4. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    Changed my hotel reservation from the Days Inn to the Ramada Inn.

Got alot of negative feedback on the Days Inn from dirty upkeep to poor security and theft.

Got a great deal on Bookings.com

5. MasterCenedra

MasterCenedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I am trying to get my mates in Orlando to let me steal their couches for the Celebration days....but I would be willing to crank it in with anyone looking for roomies :D
    lol

I can't wait! :D

MC

6. quigonjaf1961

quigonjaf1961 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2006
    I will wait until the housing bureau opens i have a few financial things to sort out first,and also my operation comes before that but the thought of August keeps me going!!! I have got the 10th December marked in big letters on my calender cant wait to do my badge purchase!!!

7. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006
    This is the same with us! It will be too hot to walk. We liked the shuttle service last year right outside our hotel.
    We of course will be making a vacation out of this too. Although, not looking forward to visiting Disney ect. in August.
    Def hitting the ocean too!
    Looking at the Hilton

8. mercsailor

mercsailor Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    It appears that there will be transportation along International Drive from 8:00am to 10:30pm

http://www.iridetrolley.com/

And they have pretty cheap unlimited daily and multi-day passes.

9. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I have reservations at three different hotels, currently.

However...

We are probably going to stay at the Quality Inn Rosen, which is about 1 mile up the street. They have some great perks. The have a trolly system that goes up and down the street with some great prices to ride. I will post the link later on...Cannot atm.

Also, they offer kids eat free with adult meal purchase. This is great for a family such as mine.

I have alot of info. about the area already and will post information later today!

Huggles!

10. Darth_Imane

Darth_Imane Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2009
    I pulled the trigger on a 3 bedroom 2 bath townhouse at the Vista Cay resort, about 1/2 mile from the convention center. Myself and a couple of buddies are going to split the cost which will make it well worth it. I like the fact that it will have a full kitchen. Should help save on some of the meal costs.

11. Psxjedi76

Psxjedi76 FanForce Chapter Rep star 4 VIP

Apr 2, 2002
    All the way from Idaho to the Embassy Suites on international next to the convention center all ready booked.

12. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I made a reservation at SpringHill Suites as well. If any really good deals open up when they announce the convention block, maybe I will change it, but it looks like a nice place for the money and has really good reviews online. Free breakfast and free internet, too!

13. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    We're booked at the Extended Stay across the street on Westwood. :)

14. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Has anyone heard any hints about when the blocks are supposed to be available? I know it's "soon", but that's fairly vague :p

15. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    If I heard correctly, I think it was supposed to be sometime in January.

16. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Hopefully Steve Sansweet will address it tonight on the ForceCast.

17. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    I changed my hotel as well got the Quality Inn Closer to the Convention Center 3 pools 2 heated, Same many beds for a lot cheaper, 129.99 for the embassy included a full breakfast to 59.99 i can afford to buy a breakfast and walk to the con.

18. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    In September I was in Orlando for a conference and I stayed at the brand new Hilton that is RIGHT next to the convention center. Really nice place, great pool and lazy river, and its attached to end of the convention center. However, that convention center is HUGE and I don't know what part of it will be occupied by C5, or if that part will be at the same end of the Hilton.

Johnny Rose

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm officially going! :D
    I just booked at Extend a Stay Deluxe. I think it is a little bit of a walk from the convention center but I will have my car if need be. All the other hotels that are really close seem to not have any availability which I figure is the blocks of reservations they are making. I might switch when those become avaliable but the price is right at the extend a stay.

It has a full kitchen so we don't have to eat out as much and it only costs $68 a night (that is with taxes, etc.).

20. Psxjedi76

Apr 2, 2002
    Changed to the Quality Inn closer and cheaper 59.99 a night staying seven nights

21. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I've gotten news that the group I'm staying with has booked at the Rosen hotel.

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    So its the SpringHill Suites for the moment. :D :D WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Yep it sure is. :cool:

24. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    LAZY RIVER!! =P~

25. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Have a booking at the Extended Stay.