main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where Are You Staying?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Healer_Leona , Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wookieesrus

wookieesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2009
    The Pool...*drools

[image=http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z233/settlingdown/Recreation.jpg]

2. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    We're booked at the Residence Inn Convention Center, next to Springhill Suites on Universal, for our 6 person party. I've also got a cancellable Springhill Suites reservation in case some of our buddies drop out and we don't need the extra room after all!!

Googlemaps says it's a 15 minute walk to the convention center, and it's also on the itrolley line. Free breakfast, sleeps up to 8, has a kitchen, one bedroom with a queen and another bedroom with two queens, plus a living area with sofabed. 159 a night. We're staying extra time after con to hit IOA's Harry Potter World. Woooo!! I can't WAIT!

3. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Aww geez, you mean we have to spend another con at the same place as Dingo?? :p J/K

From what we've been able to figure out, it looks like we'll have to walk down to where Westwood Blvd and West Entrance Drive meet, walk up West Entrance Drive, and end up at about Westwood Lobby, which I think is the entrance anyway. We're arriving on Monday and renting a car (I think), then we'll stock up on some food (since we have kitchenettes there). I think we're planning on hitting Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach Tuesday, and just helping out with con stuff wednesday. Our schedule is fairly open at this stage, so let us know if you need us to pick you up from the airport or whatever.

4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    We need to make sure at least one person we knows books there and lets us all in, then. :p

5. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    Indeed![face_dancing]

6. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007

Hey, me too. DarthDragon164 and I are going down. We'll be in the same hotel. Craziness.

7. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    First: :p

Second: Blame the fact I might be about to start a new job and have to move otherwise I was going to go for a suite at one of the fancier hotels nearby.

Third: Thanks. I'm booked from the 9th so we'll get to see a lot of each other again. I'm not sure how long I'm in country so the touristy things will depend a lot on what I see elsewhere and how much free money I end up with.

8. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    This should be the hotel we go after if the block price is right. :D

9. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Just curious, but what is a lazy river?

10. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    It's kind of like a pool but in the shape of a river and you float around in it on tubes. The Hilton also has a water slide, a family pool, and an adult pool.

lol Sorry I'm looked longingly at the pictures of their pool the last few days when looking at hotels and things for c5.

11. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I know I'm new here, but I don't think I saw anyone mention the La Quinta. I got a $79 rate locked in for a single room. It's about a mile north of the OCCC. The rooms include wireless internet, fridges, microwaves and have a little more room than your standard hotel room.
    But I've also booked the Clarion Inn, Homewood Suites, and Extended Stay. Now I just have to decide which.

12. Experiment626

Experiment626 Jedi Knight

Jan 31, 2005
    We'll be at Disney's Boardwalk Villas. We're Disney Vacation Club members, so staying there doesn't cost us anything extra. :)

13. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    The Clarion, looked like it was between the two big Convention thingies, so i booked it. [face_laugh] :oops:

14. BruceM

BruceM Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 8, 2006
    *if* I go, I will be staying at my apartment complex, since I live prob 20-30 minutes away. Too bad I don't have a car, I could probably find some people at school who are going as well and get a ride, or split a taxi

15. JediXtine

JediXtine Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2006
    Same here, except at Animal Kingdom!

16. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Lanna - Glad you will be there. :D

Everyone - Anyone else considering Vista Cay? It looks like a nice place for a big group to share.

17. MasterCenedra

MasterCenedra Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2005
    I'd be willing to get in on that one ;D My mate fell through ;( But its all good ;D

MC

18. TK2187

TK2187 Jedi Youngling

Sep 24, 2006
    Kind of off topic, sorry, but I was wondering... I bought my pass already but haven't booked a hotel yet, would you recommend booking one now or waiting until they come out with the discounts on the site?

19. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I would book now, but make sure that you can cancel without any extra fees. Then when the official room blocks are available you can try for them. If you get an official room that's better you just cancel your first choice, and if you don't get an official room you still have a room to stay in.

20. dab1313

dab1313 Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2005
    Hampton Inn

21. Corellian_Pilot

Corellian_Pilot Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2004
    I'll be at the Rosen Hotel. Event, and housing are all set! All I need to do now is start saving for the trip. August 12 cant get here fast enough! (Even though I'll be getting there on August 11!)

22. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    If this question has been posted elsewhere I apologize but I haven't seen it. When it comes to the official hotels, if you reserve a discounted room through the CV website, does the guarantee amount get deducted from the total amount showing in red? Or is it in addition to the total amount? Any info would be cool. Thanx!

23. jedicatfish

jedicatfish Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2009
    I believe its just off the total amount when you reserve it....but hell, i think theyve actually upped the price on some of the hotels...lol!

24. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Cool, thanx. :cool: I noticed on the "discounted" rates, my hotel raised the price 10$ per night. I got lucky & got mine made B4 the price hike. Still, there are a few hotels that did discount the rates and are closer than mine. Dont know if I will switch though. Still debating. [face_thinking]

25. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Probably not as glad as me.[face_laugh]

I booked in advance to and now cancelled the old reservation for the discounted rates. Saves me 40$ per night.:eek: I'd consider a longer stay, but unfortunatley, the prices don't change anything about the upcoming exams.:oops:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.