main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where Are You Staying?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Healer_Leona , Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falls_the_Shadow

Falls_the_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Residence Inn Convention Center for me, too. For other conventions and work, I have stayed at several and found them good overall. I wanted near but not on top of the convention so my family can actually sleep if we want. The breakfast buffet, in-suite kitchen, and complimentary grocery shopping will allow us to spend less time, money, and calories than those at the mercy of the restaurants. On site complimentary parking will help with the transport of costumes.

2. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'm staying at the Extended Stay America with my boyfriend. I should have booked it earlier, since the price went up from when I first checked on it (I'm a procrastinator, what can I say?), but at least I'm staying at the same hotel as the rest of my garrison. :D [face_dancing] (Sorry to those who are staying there, the Ohio Garrison can be a rowdy bunch. :))

Plus my AAA discount was a lot cheeper than the rate that they have for the 501st people at the "offical" hotel. :)

Now to save up for CV and my second trip to Disney in under a year. :D

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Just booked my group officially at Vista Cay.

4. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I'm staying at the Hyatt Place Convention Center; 1/4 mile from the front door; continental breakfast and other goodies!

5. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    Cheapest hotel I could find within walking distance - $59 per night

6. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    Driving down in my 42ft RV and staying the week before at the Disney World Campground. Then staying at the Clairion Inn for the convention. Didn't want to drive back n forth from Disney to convention. Wanted to park the RV in the convention parking lot but they said no.

7. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    Howdy neighbor! Booked 2 rooms at the Clarion Inn too.

8. jedimomtosith

Dec 27, 2009
    That's cool. I've been to Disney twice a year since 1995! I love it there. My friend got the AAA discount for us too but at another hotel. Mill. discounts don't count much these days.

9. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    So, I've been wondering...do you sort of miss out on some of the after-hours excitement if you don't stay at one of the big, main hotels (i.e. Rosen Centre)? I'd imagine that the majority of the special guests will stay there so you'd think you'd have a chance of rubbing elbows with some of them if you are also located there.
    I didn't go to CIV, but at CIII I stayed very far away (30 minute drive) to save money. But one of the days I saw everyone's favorite wookie, Peter Mayhew, walking across the street from the Indy convention center to the hotel across the street. I thought, that'd be cool to be staying there and maybe bump into some of the special guests at the restaurants and/or bars in the hotel.
    Anyone have any experience where things like this happen?

10. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    I'm at the EconoLodge Inn and Suites. One of my friends got an insanely cheap rate on Hotels.com, before they figured out there was going to be a convention :p.

--MissPadme

11. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    My wife and I are booked at the Peabody Orlando right across the street from the convention center. :)

12. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    Staying at the main hotels may help, but probably not necessary. If you're a group member (Rebel Legion, 501st, etc.), you'll hear about their after hours party and can come regardless of where you're staying. I normally stay at the affiliated hotels, and I rarely see any celebrities wandering around, although other fans have seen more. Wherever you stay, you can hang out at the nearby public places and maybe catch someone. At C-III I "had lunch" with John Knoll and his family. Okay, they were at the next table over and didn't know me from a tauntaun, but still, this was at the food court that was withing walking distance of the convention.

13. MomMaster

MomMaster Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 4, 2006

We're staying at the Hilton Orlando. Might as well enjoy a resort while we're there.

14. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    We're staying at the Hampton Inn (convention center one). Its close and has great reviews

15. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    We're staying at the Ramada Inn...it's part of the shuttle service, and w/i walking distance of the convention center, free parking, has a microwave & fridge (since we're bringing some of our food) and had pretty good reviews! Plus, it's only $346 for 4 nights.

16. drth sidious

drth sidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 24, 1999
    I just booked a room at the Clarion.

Looks like I'll have some fellow attendees around.

17. shakes116

Mar 28, 2009
    I take it back about The Ramada Inn...I looked up more reviews, and apparently they have a pretty serious problem with bedbugs. We will definitely NOT be staying there. Theres another hotel I was looking at, the Fairfield Inn and Suites at Sea World, for about the same amount of $$$...and they only built it last year! We'll probably end up staying there.

18. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    shakes, where were you reading the reviews? Might be helpful for the rest of us to check out the hotels we've been booking too.

19. shakes116

Mar 28, 2009
    I started just looking for the best prices on the hotels I was interested in from the SW Celebration website, (which seems to have the best deals, fyi.) and started reading the reviews on sites like orbitz, priceline ect. ect.

The main one I've been going to recently tripadvisor.com....they have the most reviews, and the reviews all seem pretty well-rounded (food, cleanliness, helpfulness of staff ect. ect.)

Hope that helps!

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I think there are quite a few people who have posted here, but not in the Hotel Master List. If you just post where you are staying there, then we can have an updated list on the first page so that it's easier to find your fellow fans, without having to wade through pages of discussion. :)

21. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I agree with Shakes, tripadvisor has the best reviews, I was going to be at the Rosen but then i saw that you had to pay for every little extra unlike other cheaper places that offer it to you for free, so i didnt want to pay extra to be right next door and still have extra fees added at the end of the trip

22. DLoSith

DLoSith Jedi Master star 1

Mar 27, 2005
    I'm from Orlando originally, live in the DC area now. Still have a lot of Disney connections so I'm staying on Disney propery, renting a car and going back and forth to the event. It's a 10 min drive up I-4 to I-drive, and there's plenty of parking garage space.

23. Beretta911

Beretta911 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    I'm staying at the Hilton Orlando.

Really looking forward to it, it looks really nice but a chill place to be. It's not even a year old yet and seems to have a great list of amentities. In room fridges (not that common at many Hilton properties), Two pools, a lazy river and 5 restaurants on property. I'm thinking about upgrading to a executive class room for access to the executive lounge for the "free" food in the morning and evening receptions.

And its in the area of 1500 rooms, thats probably going to be the biggest hotel I've ever stayed at.

http://www.thehiltonorlando.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.