main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Where does Star Wars go as an IP from here?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by 2Cleva, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [​IMG]

EHT and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  2. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    lol

but seriously I liked it a lot, I mean Kaz was annoying but I liked pretty much all of the other characters, I liked the cell shading animation, I liked the Colossus, I liked all the alien characters, I liked the racing aspect, the new starship designs, I liked Yeager and Neeku, I don’t know, despite having a terrible protagonist the show had a lot of neat stuff.

oh and I liked the turtle/shell folk those guys were cool as ****

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Bad batch just gave resistance some good love.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  4. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I think Filoni is the perfect guy to run things the only guy who knows Star Wars better is George Lucas George Groomed Filoni for this very instance and time! Dave Filoni Mesa thinks is up to the challenge!

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    he knows story yess but dosen't know the buisiness side.

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Fortunately, as a Creative Director, he doesn't need to.

7. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Like some have said, we have KK=money and DF=story/creative. They should have established that from the beginning. I think they needed to do that with Abrams, Oh well, water under the bridge. Many would agree that Filoni is a logical choice. Some would say Favreau, but I'm sure he wants to continue to do other things (and will likely stay with Disney projects). He'll probably work with Filoni.

One of the first things they need to consider is tying new SW projects with Batuu in Galaxy's Edge to make more of a connection.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  8. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    This role sounds like that Filoni will be working with the directors they hire, which sounds like the best of both worlds. Not that Filoni is a bad director or anything, but the ability to combine his sensibilities for the genre with some of the best directing talent sounds amazing. I just hope he is able to let go of some of his pet characters if required for the story.

Sarge and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Filoni will get his will and have Ahsoka alive post TROS as he has aluded to. Ahoska and Rey meet up incoming in future, old lady Tano and young Rey.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

So he's pretty much doing what he's been doing since day 1 of the Disney acquisition then.

And knowing Filoni...Probably not...If anything that means he probably has more authority over his characters.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2021
  11. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Throw in Grogu and there's potential for something decent.

12. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Leave out all of them and there still would be potential for something awesome...

They can go in almost every direction and come up with any sort of character they want to. A capable storyteller can achieve great things from that position (not that he would necessarily do it).

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  13. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    The Filoni news has me excited for where Star Wars could go. I really hope that means Knights of the Old Republic now.

darthfettus2015, Shamear and 2Cleva like this.
  14. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I won't be surprised if the ST is largely ignored by any movies set after the ST sorta like the how PT was mostly ignored in the ST.

15. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    That makes little sense to me. Not only was the PT not really ignored, but it obviously wasn't the reference point. The ST plays out after the OT, and it includes some characters from that trilogy, of couse it would be linked more to that trilogy than to one that played 20 years prior to the OT and 50 years prior to the ST. Most of the characters from the PT were already dead at this point. When people look at WW2, they don't somehow feel that something is amiss when references are made to WW1 instead of the Franco-Prussian war of 1870.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, anything that follows on the ST - as long as it isn't set in an entirely different timeframe - will by definition follow up on the ST. Therefore it makes sense to mostly refer to that trilogy, and not somehow talk about how things happened in the PT or OT. That's just how time and story-telling works.

16. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    i doubt it. Mandalorian seems to be telling the story of how imperial remnants turned into the First Order, and the blood sample taken from Grogu is probably connected to the creation of Snoke.

17. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    We already know how Imperial Remnants turned into the FO. They didn't. Its all in the Aftermath trilogy, Phasma and in Bloodlines. Unless they decide to ignore those books.

18. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    I think future films will be connected to Grogu for sure. Here’s why, Luke trained Grogu and Rey so will most likely connect at some point because the story potential is great. It adds to Luke’s legacy without making the story Skywalker centric. Grogu species have very long life spans so he can connect with Rey, Finn, and Ahsoka for a couple of movies then they could tell stories in between without Grogu 600+ years in the future then bring him back in a different timeline. Grogu is also the most popular character of the new Star Wars projects. I would bet money that we will see the Jedi order re-established by Rey, Finn, Grogu, and Ahsoka.

For Finn they could show him become a Jedi along with Rey. This story has great potential and TROS basically shows that Finn is force sensitive. I do believe fans want to see this at least I do. Imagine how cool it will be if Grogu called out to Rey and Finn. I would love this!

Ahsoka can complete her arc and it could be so beautiful. She left the Jedi Order saw the fall of the Republic. Her master became Vader. She help the Rebels, then after the war she meets Grogu after thinking no Jedi were left. Ahsoka could see the rise of the Jedi order and be a Jedi master. Ahsoka linking up with Rey, Finn, and Grogu? Hell yeah! I want to see that!

So we could have Anakin’s padawn and Luke’s padawans restoring the Jedi order. That’s so awesome! This actually adds to Anakin’s legacy of bringing balance to the force. The new threat doesn’t have to be Sith or a new Empire either. They could go in a completely new direction hopefully.

19. Darth Megatronus

Darth Megatronus Jedi Knight star 3

May 17, 2020
    so something happens in those books that contradicts the idea of imperial remnants becoming the First Order? Cause Wookieepedia says Imperial remnants became the First Order.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  20. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    the idea is that the Imperial Remnants are not one unified power, it’s a bunch of warlords, each power hungry and attempting to take the place of the Emperor for themselves, most fail...whether because they just don’t have the fleet capacity to take on the New Republic, or because of incompetence, or because they turn on each other, eventually some join together and eventually become the FO

I don’t see anything in the Mandalorian that contradicts the above, in fact it shows us one warlord taking out another, one of the reasons why individual warlords would never be able to take the place of the Emperor, and why eventually some join together to form the FO

21. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Creation of the FO was Palpatine's plan from the very beginning. It was a contingency in case something would happen to him. The most fanatical and capable forces secretly retreated to the UR between Endor and Jakku, where they slowly reorganized and rebuild themselves into the FO.

The rest was left to their own devices to cause chaos in the galaxy and to be slowly destroyed by the NR.

Mandalorian doesn't contradict the ST or the books (so far), but the IR portrayed in the show cannot be part of the creation of the FO, cause the FO already exist in the UR at this point.

darthfettus2015 and 2Cleva like this.
  22. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    I would have much preferred a Tales Of Batuu (like the comic mini series) show over most everything they've announced. Dok Andor as the narrator with some appearances by Hondo, Dr Aphra, etc.

starfish likes this.
  23. starfish

Oct 9, 2003
    lol as much as I would love Dok Andor narrating stories in live action, I doubt that will happen.

24. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    The themes/narrative that underlines both the PT/OT are largely ignored in the ST (IMO)... and obviously lots of fans have issue with how Luke, Leia and Han were used. So, if post ST films use the same approach, any such future film will largely ignore any themes/narrative brought to the saga by Abrams/Johnson... and of course Rey, Finn and Poe will be shown to be failures and be killed off prematurely.

I'm not sure that's how fiction and the would of franchise cinema/TV work. Ultimately, the powers that be will ignore the elements they don't like, and/or ignore the elements they perceive the audience didn't like.

25. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    I don't see them ignored at all. The themes and narratives from the OT aren't ignored at all, while the PT is merely not that relevant as it is way too far away from the ongoing events. When there is virtually no characters left who has any connection to the period, and even those who are left have little reason to engage in any talk about that period when their most recent experience was the OT and not the PT, there simply isn't much connection to draw from. Shoe-horning in some stuff for the sake of shoe-horning in stuff doesn't add anything at all.

And what issues some fans might have with story-elements has nothing to do with this at all. Just seems like you brought this up so you could bash the ST and certain people again...

That's very much how it works. I don't see how one could even debate that concept. Something that follows the ST follows the ST. It doesn't follow the PT or OT. Just because some people have a hatred for something doesn't mean everyone else does, or that the people in charge will somehow start ignoring something they produced.

As I said, a following set of movies that is placed in an entirely different timeframe does not have to draw up many connections to any of the past, but anything that follows closely afterwards and isn't just a small scale affair will by default refer to what came before. To what extend that will happen depends entirely on what the story is about. But it makes no sense whatsoever to compare the ST's relationship to the PT (with the OT coming in between) to something that follows up on the ST. To pretend that this is somehow similar - which is what I was replying to - just doesn't make any sense.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.