main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Where does Star Wars go as an IP from here?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by 2Cleva, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Which kind of underlines the fact that the ST is totally disconnected. The 'Skywalker Saga' should be viewed as a 9 chapter book (or a 3 act play with each trilogy being an act). That being the case, the first 3 chapters (or the first act) should be just as relevant to the final chapter/act as the previous.

If you actually want to have an intelligent conversation about this, I suggest you refrain from using lazy and inflammatory terms like 'bashing'... as it kind of suggests that you are incapable of having an intelligent conversation about this.

I refer you to my previous point. The ST comprises chapters 7, 8, 9 and should (by all measure of what constitutes 'logic') be connected to 1,2 and 3... just as much as 4, 5 and 6. Who writes a book thinking the last chapters should only reference and reflect what immediately came prior? That's not how serial fiction, of this nature, tends to work. This isn't Die Another Day or The Amazing Spiderman 2, where it's just the latest film in a franchise (or at least it shouldn't be). It's kind of what sets Star Wars apart.

That it doesn't make sense to you does not mean it is without sense. You understand that right?

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  2. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Luke literally makes a speech about the PT jedi order failing as one of the reasons why he went into hiding.

miasma likes this.
  3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I just mean that I don't think we're going to see Rey, Finn, and Poe anytime soon if ever on the big screen. No Rey leading a new band of Jedi. No Finn developing his connection to the Force, No Poe doing...I don't know...Poe stuff? Maybe we'll have a new character make a vague reference to something that happened in the ST, maybe a character will say the name Skywalker or Palpatine or Vader but aside from that, if we ever get post-ST movies the connections between the ST and the post-ST movies will be light.

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You appear to be lost.

This is not the ST forum. You should take this to the ST forum. Or the Unban Request forum.

5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    2Cleva likes this.
  6. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This. Don’t.

8. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    I disagree - this is not like the Snyder Cut whereby footage has been filmed earlier and stitched together with some newly-shot scenes for a more "accepted" version of the Justice League movie... In contrast, there is not a single piece of footage shot by George for the sequel trilogy and what ideas he had are just that - IDEAS IN HIS HEAD ONLY... :p

So it's good that the franchise is moving in a new direction with the new productions like The Bad Batch, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Ahsoka, Andor, Lando, Rogue Squadron, Acolyte, and A Droid Story exploring different timelines and segments of the huge Star Wars galaxy... Let's hope that the new movie trilogy will go towards a currently unexplored era in the big screen then - during the time of the Knights of the Old Republic! =D=

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  9. I want to see Maul and Darth Talon againt Luke Skywalker and the New Republic that was the original ST story

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Maul died before Luke reached adulthood so that’s never gonna happen.

Sarge and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Boba Fett takes Mauls place.

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Boba Fett would stand no chance against Luke. It would end very quickly.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't know bounty hunters and jedi sometimes seems even matched.

Lee_ likes this.
  14. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    This. Obi vs Jango was a tough fight (and remember, Obi was a master, which means he was one of a handful of elite powerful Jedi in the AOTC era where there were 20,000 Jedi or so in the galaxy); Mando was doing OK against Ahsoka also. The two factions were at war, and there seems to be implication that it wasn't a total route, that while probably less powerful, the Mando's held their own. Luke is portrayed as super powerful in the Mando episode, but taking other portrayals into account, I agree the Mando's could give them a run for their money. It's kind of a mixed bag, with Mando's looking really tough in some, and silly in others (e.g. the end of ROTJ) The same can be said of the Jedi, looking more and less powerful in different portrayals. Although not technically Mando's, Boba and his dad clearly had similar abilities.

For a number of reasons, I wouldn't want them to remake the ST with or without Lucas, but of course, would love to see Lucas do a production.

Also, they should make an episode where Cara Dune dies from some strange disease engineered by the empire after refusing to wear a mask or get a vaccine :D

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Obi-Wan wasn’t yet a master in AOTC actually. He was still just a Jedi Knight. Once Jango went against Mace Windu who was an actual Jedi Master with years of experience he lasted maybe a minute before being easily dispatched. Boba going against an inexperienced Luke could certainly hold his own or even defeat him. Boba going against Jedi Master Luke would not be a fight at all. The dude mowed through an entire ship of Dark Troopers like they were nothing.

Sarge and TCF-1138 like this.
  16. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    More importantly, he was trying to bring Jango in. Not kill him. Otherwise, it would have been over quickly.

Sarge, EHT, TCF-1138 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    You also have Cad Bane taking down many jedi.

18. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    But again, they were usually trying to capture him, instead of kill. Bounty Hunters are skilled and dangerous, but not a match for a Jedi in a fight to the death, unless they catch them by surprise.

Darth Chiznuk and TCF-1138 like this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    counter point Jango kills the dinosaur jedi who tried to take down Dooku, i think fight to the death most times jedi wins, but sometimes bounty hunter wins, like Boba could probarly take down any no named jedi.

20. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Because that Jedi was attacking Dooku, and not paying attention to Jango. Jango shot him while he wasn't looking.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I mean he had a second to react and deflected the first two shoots.

22. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
    Simply being a jedi doesn't make someone Bruce Lee.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    if you are named jedi you do, but unnamed ones are not.

24. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    It does, in a SW sense. Jedi are trained from early childhood, and have magical powers. If they can't take a bounty hunter then they're useless, and their lifetime of training is pointless.

Sarge and Darth Chiznuk like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.