main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Where does Star Wars go as an IP from here?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by 2Cleva, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    there's that rumored Finn series that they might announce in the future, a jedi Finn series with Rey and Jannah. With Ezra and Ahsoka as wise older mentors.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Dude. I know you’re self-aware enough to realize how hilarious this post is. Nobody is going to hound you because this news doesn’t conform to the theory that Disney is de-canonizing the ST. So no need to do huge contortions to make this fit. You’re likely wrong. But we’ll forgive you. All of us make mistakes.

3. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I'm sure they will eventually include Rey.

In looking at the upcoming shows, it doesn't look like the ST is yet going to be featured.

Darth Megatronus likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think when next announce new shows we will get one ST era show.

5. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I find it more hilarious how up in arms people were when folks were calling out that there was no plan when there was no plan.

Making the posts about me instead of my points are against the TOS but rules get set aside when folks get in their feelings.

But if its now free for all - all the mods who co-sign posts against individuals should say the word and I will reply in kind.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    @2Cleva How about you stop mini-modding and let the actual mods decide when a post is over the line. Thanks. :)

TCF-1138 likes this.
  7. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    All I need to know is the rules.

I can find a long list of takes that people have made I'd love to call out on. But last I checked, posts have to be about content instead of posters.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    @2Cleva

I was actually being respectful. Saying that I don’t care if your long-term theory isn’t supported by Kennedy’s comments. It’s no big deal so it’s not worth trying to make it fit.

I don’t like the ST either. But what it introduced is not going away. It’ll be recontextualized, and absorbed into larger things, to be sure, and Favreau and Filoni will definitely play a major role in shaping the broader GFFA into which the ST will fit. But the ST is not getting de-canonized and so its characters can’t get retconned into the cinematic universe. They’re a part of it, whether we like it or not.

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah Filoni and Faver are the ones that are shaping post OT and Pre-ST events and will shape how it all come to ST era, And probarly post ST story.

2Cleva and Lee_ like this.
  11. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Once they get to the post ST content that involves the characters from the movies they probably will include the stuff that has been going on in the streaming shows. If you want to call that retconning then go right ahead. But Star Wars including new info that wasn't around in prior installments has been going on ever since the first movie. Heck the entire final arc of TCW was created to explain where a character was during the movies because that character hadn't been created yet when those movies were actually made.

12. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Personally I’m not sure why I’d be ‘in my feelings.’ The fact that F&F will shape the eras into the future isn’t really surprising to anyone. It’s just frustrating watching you setting up another persecuted Nostradamus moment to condescend to the rest of us. This place works a lot better when we’re not competing for who can be the most predictive of things. We’ve all had a fairly similar hit and miss rate as far as I can tell. Maybe you don’t notice because we don’t rub your nose in it when you’re wrong unless provoked.

Chill, let’s be mates.

13. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Speak for yourself. I’m always right.

Except for now.

DarthPhilosopher and Sarge like this.
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

so pretty much Star Wars will be doing what it’s been doing since 1999 when the prequels came out

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2021
    Bor Mullet likes this.
  15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    What are you talking about? Lucasfilm completely decanonized the PT and they’ve been ignoring it for years! You’re fooling yourself if you think we’ll ever see the likes of Anakin or Obi-Wan ever again, let alone a cartoon character designed to appeal to little kids like Ashoka. Those movies don’t have any young fans who’ll grow up to be a loud voice in the franchise one day!

At least, that’s what I was told back in 2013, and look how that turned out. Well, I’m sure it’ll be true this time around, right?

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I finally get see old grandma Ahsoka with Rey, seen so many fan made arts of them. Can't wait.

17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

not like Star Wars is gonna have a whole group of fans who are gonna view the WHOLE THING differently then fans growing up with it in the 80’s 90’s and 2000’s

nope...not at all :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2021
  18. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I'm sure we will see Rey again in post-TRoS content.

Unfortunately the path she was given to her, being the last Jedi and beginning to pass on what she has learned to others is a path already done twice canon wise.

1. Luke and his Academy, and before he creates its, spending some time teaching Leia and Grogu.

2. Dawn of the Jedi, in which unlike Legends, there was originally just one Jedi, the Prime Jedi.

Personally I think both of those options holds more appeal then Rey's journey. Luke's era has the big 3 still alive, Ben Solo, Grogu, etc. While Dawn of the Jedi would have a very ancient feel/look to it, and we get to see how "over a thousand generations" began. Also the beginning of the Old Republic is dated approximately around the same time, 25,000BBY.

Still whenever Rey's Journey is continued one day, I hope they make it feel very different from Luke's attempt and also back in the distant past of the Prime Jedi. Maybe she could only teach one student at a time, and her Jedi are nomadic, not setting down roots on one planet.

19. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    After becoming a nun for a while, Rey will change gears and travel the galaxy in search of true meaning, something like Caine in Kung Fu. Beating up cheap thugs that prey on innocents and righting every wrong she comes across.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
  20. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    She's going to turn the Jedi Order into a sorority and fraternity house. And the streaming shows we will get will be about the parties they put on.

21. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    This sounds way too interresting for being SW content

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Rey will go with jedi can have realationships like Luke did.

23. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    I imagine this will be the direction they go. I would be very surprised if they don't have Rey eventually get married and have kids.

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah i think Rey will go like Anakin and have relationship and maybe have kids. The Skywalker linage continnue.

25. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

"Young Jedi In Love"

All the hunky, but evil, Sith frat boys for the girls to fall for and causing all sorts of troubles. Making the nerdy Jedi boys lives miserable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.