main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Where does Star Wars go as an IP from here?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by 2Cleva, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Hold my beer.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I have been thinking off where the mvoes should go and i think. With the tv shows covering High Republic and filling up the saga time from High Republic to episode 9, TROS and maybe beyond. The movies will mostly cover before High republic, in Old Republic with the sith. From their creation to their fall in Old Republic. Also 300 years in future when the jedi and Republic are back in their golden age with Grand master Grogu. And a new enemy rises up after such long peace. Maybe a goddess of Mortis or the son. Both be saga epics with huge conflicts.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    A trilogy that focuses on the Big Bang. Each movie will be a 3 hour long explosion. KABLOOOOOOM BOOOOM PEW PEW SPLAT

Bor Mullet likes this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    To each their own, but I actually am looking forward to seeing all that supposedly will be in that series. I love seeing new material involving familiar beloved characters, which contains twists to the story that makes me see what I know of them in an entirely different light. That's bound to happen here.

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  6. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    That article confirmed/heavily implied a lot.

- Filoni and Favreau have the keys - with Filoni over all story.
    - Everything to be connected - with TV the main medium.
    - All future films axed as well (so long RJ!).
    - More deepfake of characters to play younger versions.
    - Skywalker Academy coming as kids adventure and Deepfake Luke.
    - High Republic to be repackaged as a PT-prequel story for masses.
    - ST based content notably absent, setting the attention back to what works.

I am pleased as a SW fan.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  7. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Wow. Those are some massive assumptions. No, it did not imply all future films were axed. I did not get the impression Favreau and Feige were given the “keys.” They have a pretty specific zone they’re working in. Not even an iota of a hint that this is a Skywalker Academy series. And I have no idea what “setting the main attention back to what works” means given the diversity of content we’re seeing.

Riv_Shiel, Sarge, bstnsx704 and 3 others like this.
  8. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I mean…I’m not really sure what else that kid Jedi show could be. It has to be Skywalker Academy because of the timeline.

2Cleva likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I mean I’m all for a Jedi Academy series. But it certainly doesn’t have to be. The Goonies and Spielberg films of the 80s were cited as inspiration for the series and that doesn’t immediately say Jedi Academy series to me. It’s also been described as Stranger Things in space which also doesn’t make it sound like Jedi Academy series. We’ll see.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Force powers kids skipping school.

Bor Mullet and 2Cleva like this.
  11. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    To sum
    - KK talks about multi-year commitment and working with entire team needed for a SW project earlier in article. The likelihood any of those individuals are going to do that is slim to none. They using the first two as placeholder dates.
    - From Leslye Headland joking she had to become a Filoni-disciple to do The Acolyte and Filoni is doing the upcoming Ahsoka project - Filoni is over the entire timeline. Question is how much Favreau I guess - eventually he may leave.
    - @Serpico Jones explained Skywalker Academy series well.
    - What that meant is a connected, serialized story instead of vanity director projects all over the sandbox. Have to play with the SW toys within rules or they get broken.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The High Republic is a prequel to the PT, and it hasn't been "repackaged" at all.

13. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    The piece also confirms Vader was originally not going to be in the Kenobi series. That adds some juice to the report that Filoni added Vader and the Inquisitors to the show.

2Cleva likes this.
  14. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Wait, where was it confirmed that it's a Jedi show?

EDIT:
    That might be the case, but from the sound of it, it was Deborah Chow who wanted to add Vader into the mix.

Riv_Shiel and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Well thats nor true as Chow confirmed he was in it when she started working on the show.

PymParticles likes this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Except it specifically says that it was Chow who was pushing for Vader.

17. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    How, considering it seems to be something that Chow was advocating for against Lucasfilm’s hesitancy? Why is there this incessant need to credit Filoni for every minute detail people like, to the absolute detriment of acknowledging the contributions of other creators and contributors?

18. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    The leaks claimed it was about a bunch of Jedi kids traveling the galaxy with a Jedi adult. Then again, those same leaks said it was set during The High Republic, which we now know is false.

19. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Ah, right. Yeah, I think we can discard those rumors at this point.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The era was wrong yess but still seems to be about the kids like stranger Things.

21. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    Bespin Bulletin never reported it was High Republic, that was Jordan Maison. BB has been the one with the goods on Grammar Rodeo leaks.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  22. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    I certainly don’t put Filoni on any type of pedestal. Especially since I survived the dumpster fire called Book of Boba Fett.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  23. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Jesus Christ.

TCF-1138 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  24. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    Oh yeah, forgot about that. Thank you for clarifying!

25. Serpico Jones

Nov 3, 2012
    The kids from the Grammar Rodeo show can grow up to be the heroes of a new tv or film series. They’ve also changed the Kylo Ren event that led to the destruction of Luke’s temple in the comics. Spoiler for the Rise of Kylo Ren: he doesn’t actually kill any of the students in the academy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.