main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Where does Star Wars go as an IP from here?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by 2Cleva, Jan 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Iger on next movies
    We’ve made two so-called standalones in Rogue One and Solo. Rogue One did quite well, Solo was a little disappointing to us. It gave us pause just to think maybe the cadence was a little too aggressive. And so we decided to pull back a bit. We still are developing Star Wars films. We’re going to make sure that when we make one, that it’s the right one, so we are being very careful there.”
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/b...5346999/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

2Cleva and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  2. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Hard to see any new film being announced at Celebration at this point but we'll see soon.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    starocean90 likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    They can announce one and have it being released date for later.

starocean90 likes this.
  4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Jojo Rabbit Oscar winner Taika Waititi is in talks to potentially star in his own Star Wars movie. He is still working on the script, however, so like several franchise projects Lucasfilm has in the works it’s still early days.

We hear that in a couple of months Lucasfilm will have a better idea which Star Wars movie will move forward for the return of the franchise on the big screen, that being December 19, 2025.

The Star Wars project currently in pole position is the one Damon Lindelof is writing, with Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy set to direct.
    https://deadline.com/2023/03/star-wars-taika-waititi-1235281832/

Glitterstimm and 2Cleva like this.
  5. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I’m worried the next film is going to be post ST certaintly……*sigh*…….

Maintaining the status quo of familiar tech/style and the rare Jedi.

With already getting that in all the current/upcoming live action series barring the Acolyte, the upcoming Star Wars film should be different….

pre-TPM has far more appeal/story potential then post TRoS.

All of disneys Star Wars films have been set in a time in which the Jedi are extremely rare. Lets change it up for next movie.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  6. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    A small and fledgeling order of Jedi isn’t something we’ve seen before either.

Also it’s worth noting that to the galaxy as a whole the Jedi have always been relatively rare.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  7. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    https://www.cnbc.com/video/2023/03/...g-for-a-new-generation-of-star-wars-fans.html

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think you might be looking for the TV Forum. Here let me help you: https://boards.theforce.net/forums/star-wars-tv-current-and-future-shows.10909/

9. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Favreau addresses the Star Wars IP specifically in this interview - which would be relevant to the thread.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    He was discussing the shows. I could just give you a warning about being off topic in this thread but I was trying to be helpful with a redirect. This forum is about Future Films. If you’d like to discuss this interview or the shows in general go to the TV forum.

11. M.Talon

M.Talon Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2023
    Well,y'all know where I stand on this. Bring in Cade Skywalker.

12. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Lucasfilm has analysis paralysis when it comes to movies, so I propose a clear and simple rule: Movies = forward; TV = backward.

The movies will take the saga forward in time (whether or not you call it "Episode __ ") while the TV side will look back to the past, filling in any interesting gaps (e.g. post-ROTJ Luke; High Republic era). That way, you don't confuse the audience and it's clear where movies should go.

I'm not saying an Old Republic movie trilogy wouldn't be cool, but for the general audience, it's confusing as heck to go back-and-forth between present and past. There were a lot of folks wondering why "Rey" looked different in Rogue One. And releasing a Solo origin story after TLJ made no sense to anyone, casual or hardcore fan.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Anybody care to guess where I think they should go with SW from here?

Riv_Shiel and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    A Jar Jar musical?

15. Power of the Dark Side

Power of the Dark Side Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2023
    I think more stand alone films might be a good thing. More content set between III and IV.

Here's my thirty second pitch: we start with a captured Jedi in a cell. He (or she, doesn't really matter) is being detained by the Empire, awaiting a showtrial to discourage other rebel scum from opposing the Emporer's will. Our Jedi gets a visit from his lawyer, a former Jedi who had worked as a clerk to the Jedi Council and gone underground before Order 66. We see our captive's story in flashback, which continues during the trial. Huge arena, thousands of stormtroopers, baying crowds, the Emporer himself sits in judgment. Our hero is rescued of course just before being executed. Probably Obi-Wan is the hero who saves the day.

Like if you want to see this made. :)

16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You're a funny man, Chizzy. I'll kill you last. [face_waiting]

17. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    I don't think it would be confusing for the general audience.

Unlike Rogue One/Solo, the Old Republic would look quite different tech/style wise. With the ST often copying OT style, there was little difference visually comparing Rogue One/Solo and the ST. Also in the opening crawl of an Old Republic movie, it can state "xxxx years before Skywalkers".

While I don't mind Tv exploring pre-TPM, I don't want it to be limited to just Tv. There is only so much you can show in a budget built for a Tv series. I doubt we could see the full horror/destruction/conflict of a galactic scale war during the Old Republic (i.e Coruscant getting sacked, etc......) in a Tv budget. Tv works well for the High Republic era because it is an era of relative peace (no massive wars). I could see an Old Republic Tv series working set after a huge war or not long before. Picture one set some years before the 100 year darkness. Seeing the fractures that eventually leads to the split.

So I'm all for seeing an Old Republic movie, preferably trilogy. If we ever see films again set close to the PT/OT/ST, its better in anthology/stand alone form.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
  18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Top Gungan.

TCF-1138 , Darth_Bertie, EHT and 8 others like this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    That sounds like a cooking show.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    And with that, the thread has peaked.

TCF-1138 , EHT, Fin McCool and 2 others like this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I think you and I define 'peaked' very differently.

Bor Mullet and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Top Pun.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    The Man With the Golden Pun.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Don't make me punish you all.

Bor Mullet and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  25. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    My work here is pun.

Bor Mullet and Sarge like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.