main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by TheTempest, May 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTempest

TheTempest Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2005
    I remember on these forums after Celebration II and III there was a ton of buzz and friendly chatter. I keep checking back and not seeing any new posts. I know I'm not making any, but I'm just a lurker! Cmon guys, make some posts! How was your Celebration IV? What were your favorite/least favorite times. Will you be going to Celebration V? Etc etc.

2. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I think a few people are still there or are just wiped out in general from the weekend. I got in this afternoon, but I'm still trying to recover.

3. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I just got home.... my first celebration, but it was a blast.
    Great time meeting people, especially the fan force people I ran into throughout. Makes me want to go the next... its hard to fill in the feeling from hanging out with that many star wars fans.

4. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    WIPED IS NOT THE WORD...MORE LIKE FROZEN IN CARBONITE...LOL.

It was nice to meet people from the boards, but to be honest the Con was rather dreary. I mean C3 was a blast as was C2 and even C1. This Con seemed to lack the enthusiasm as well as the fan connection. It seemed like a money pit instead of a show for the fans. I am highly disappointed...even for Star Wars. I hope and pray that C5 is better. The only thing they fixed was the store and that is a complete success!!!

5. Jog

Jog Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2007
    I had a great time, paid for my younger brother to fly in and it was worth every penny watching him in awe over the smallest things. Star Wars sells itself, I dont need to spend a lot of money to have fun but I can see where it can be called a money pit. Its too bad because a lot of things I think that should have been free werent, or they were too expensive(even more so for groups/families of 2+).

Other then that only other thing I would have really like to see is more people talking. I always start most conversations and people always ask me if I am a fan in a surprised tone, might not look like one but I guess I dont know many in the military that are but non the less I could talk to people for hours. About half the people I talked to looked very tired or bored around Sat/Sun, sooner or when in line or walking next to someone I could tell their mood and only a few times could I get the ones that seem down to talk longer then a minute. I started to make conversation with certain people by starting off with "long weekend ahh"....90% of the time they came back with "your telling me.....". I dont know maybe people need to pace themselves a litte better, I know one of the artist I was talking to for a while seemed very cool but was tired from not only workin his booth everyday but hittin up parties/bars till the am...but he still had it in him to jibber jabber for a while on Sunday.

Think I might have been reading into a lot of the previous Celebrations but it really seemed people were very open and the "fan family" idea was something Ive always been fond of. I did meet some very cool people and thats what I will take with me... I might not be a hard core fan cause I dont have the time to be one, but when I talk to one its more then cool its what Star Wars is about...

6. ANGRY_LEIA

ANGRY_LEIA Jedi Master star 1

May 15, 2002
    I'm still trying to recover!

I wore new boots for my Jedi costume, and my feet are still killing me! There's a small hole in the side of my foot, ouch!

Still need to unpack all my swag, wash dirty clothes, sort through costume stuff, etc.

Cleaning up the mess at home where the dogs chewed up my keyboard, shoes, rugs...you name it! My friends were coming by daily to housesit, but the dogs still seemed to find time to destroy, haha!

Will probably get to talking more about the con once things get settled here.

Martha

7. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I was only able to make it for two days but I had an absolute blast!

I loved the exhibits, they definitly need to bring more of them next time. There's room for a huge rooms on costumes, props, concept drawings etc. They should pull in all of the touring exhibits during the celebration. They had the room to included the entire Science Center Exhibit and the one that's in London at the moment so I'd love to see them make the celebration part of the tour schedule.

There were loads of excellent costumes from the movies and EU, some really bad ones and ones they shouldn't have let in the door such as Cylons and Trekkies :p

The booths we're ok but I wasn't there to buy stuff I was more interested in meeting the stars/voices, seeing the art show, exhibits, fan films and some of the panels and chatting to fellow fans.

The fan hall was huge and definitly needed more inside it, more events like the Ewok village and racing R2 units.

I enjoyed the Topps booth as I got to see the new 30th Anniv set which looks awesome.

8. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    I've recovered a bit from the trip home yesterday. I was only able to go for 2 days and C4 was my first celebration and I'm glad I went! It was an awesome experience even though I didn't get to see everything, but then again you'd have to be superman to see everything that was going on there.

Loved getting pics of the different costumes and people were so friendly in letting you take them. I got the autographs I wanted and was glad I was able to get pics with the guys that I got autos from. Felt pretty awesome to finally meet them after seeing them in the wonderful movies we've all come to love.

I had a great experience and I hope to get myself to the next one.

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I'm recovering too -

Good god that was fun!!!!!

10. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I didn't see any Cylons or Trekkies. I think I saw a Link, but I don't know enough about Zelda to really confirm that's what it was. I saw a lot of cardboard stormtroopers and droids, though, and a duct tape trooper too.

11. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I'm still frozen too. My plane back home Sunday was delayed 5 hrs because of mechanical trouble and got home at midnight local time , got 9 hrs sleep Sunday night and 5 hrs last night. This mourning back to work and could not make it past 10am and had to use 4 hrs of vacation so I could come home and sleep. Jet lag is a REAL thing let me tell ya. I bet I slept 6 hrs the hole time I was there. I'm still zombie tired even now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.