main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where is the ASIAN Fanforce Community?

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by JediMaster22, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    I don't SEE it! Please make one, I bet there are a lot of Asians, Asian-Americans here.

2. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    question for you. Would it make sense to have an Asian board where Asian alphabets can't be used? I checked and Snowboards is not meant to support Asian letters.
    Care to try?

3. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    Let me understand this. Oh it's about Language reasons, huh? It's for people who don't speak English right??? Not about Asian folks get together in one, Same place.

4. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Language certainly is an issue, but that does not mean there won't be any Forums dedicated to fans in Asia. However, you must understand that in this instance, the forums will not be as effective as they would be if they supported the typeset necessary for our Asian brethren to communicate effectively. Furthermore, I would imagine we would need a slew of different typsets to provide for the many, many different dialects in Asian countries. The same can be said for all non-English areas.

I agree that there should be an Asian Region. Could you make some suggestions on how they could be set up? Thanks!

5. PadmeSkywalker

PadmeSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2000
    Even though asian characters are not supported, Japanese can be romanized and written in an English alphabet and still be understood by Japanese speakers.

6. JediMaster22

Oct 15, 1999
    I know, that Ni (as in "Neat") Haw = Hello in Chinese

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.