main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Where should the Rays go?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    So reading this article on msn sports, talking about how to save the Rays and the A's. The A's they want to relocate to San Jose. But where should the Rays go? It mentioned Charlotte and Orlando.

Orlando seems like a good choice, since baseball is during the more "vacationy" months, baseball in Orlando could be a help. Another place I think might be Myrtle Beach. Near the Ocean, busy during the year baseball is going. Could be good for them.

Where do you think they should go?

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    The Rays should just merge with the Pirates.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  4. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    San Jose doesn't want the A's. We're Giants country.

5. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Charlotte's metro population is even less than the Tampa/St Pete area and other than Bank of America being in Charlotte, there also is not enough local corporate $$$ to help support a major league baseball team. Sure they have the Panthers and Bobcats, but there are a lot more corporate suites in an MLB stadium than an NBA arena and way more home games than in an NFL season. Charlotte just isn't big enough yet.

6. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    I'd be surprised if the A's moved but I'm that familiar with the situation there.

As for the Rays, the MLB should just get out of Florida. It's not like people go to Marlins games and they've won 2 championships.

Maybe Portland? They're die hard supporters of the Blazers there and it could set up a nice rivalry with the Mariners. Another thing is Brooklyn. New York City supported 3 baseball teams 60 years ago when the population was less than half of what it is now.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005

8. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I'd say that Carolina would probably be the favorite for where the Rays should go. Otherwise, going to Tennessee, Kentucky, or Indianapolis should also be considered, but these are mainly basketball states, but football is also in Tennessee and Indianapolis, but I doubt that baseball would ever be really popular in Tennessee, Kentucky or Indianapolis, plus considering market size, the Charlotte area or the Research Triangle area are the main two in North Carolina. Nashville, any place in Kentucky, and Indianapolis are all below the Carolina areas.

Really, they should probably just contract two teams to get it back down to 28 again.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

10. darth_gersh

darth_gersh Force Ghost star 7

Feb 18, 2005
    Portland has tried but the MLB boys keep crushing the peoples wishes. Portland now has a MLS team so I don't think it could work here.

11. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Disagree on Indianapolis as far as being "below" anything in Carolina, but that would be irrelevant as Cincinnati, Chicago and St Louis would never allow a team to relocate to Indy, cutting into their potential revenue.

12. Jedi_MasterSkywalker

Jedi_MasterSkywalker Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 29, 2010

13. Krusty_the_Clone

Krusty_the_Clone Jedi Padawan star 3

Jul 4, 2006
  14. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    They should learn basketball and move to Sacramento.

15. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I'd love to see a team in Montreal again, but that always was a square peg in a hockey-stick shaped hole. Vancouver and Mexico City are where I'd try to plant teams right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.