main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where to buy food, munchies

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Grand_Admiral_J-tal, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bonzofett

bonzofett Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2005
    Does anyone know where the closest In and Out Burger is? I've never eaten at one, but I've heard from all of my friends in LA that they're great.

2. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Have car will travel -- the closest one is not that close - it's in Huntington Park, northeast of downtown L.A. If you have that car, best to go to the one at 7009 Sunset Boulevard in Hollywood. Added bonus is it's only a couple of blocks away from Grauman's Chinese Theatre.

In and Outs are good, not as good as before they got really popular. Don't go to a busy one at lunchtime. Chances of everything being undercooked are very high :).

3. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    I'm going to be eating at In-N-Out a lot. I don't much care for the one on Sunset, though, since sometimes they rush the fries and the burgers are sloppy (within the same area, I love the one on Cahuenga, but they're soooooo slow no matter what time of day it is).

4. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Where is the closest place to the LACC to buy bottled water? Presumably even a convenience store would be cheaper than what they would charge in the convention center.

5. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I bought some at the grocery store and am shipping it to the hotel. They will deliver it to your room, and it ends up being cheaper still than paying $2.00 a bottle at the convention.

6. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    They sell water at the little car wash around the corner from the Hotel Figueroa, right there on Olympic. The Holiday Inn also has a small package store. Those are the absolute closest places.

7. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Isn't there something called Grand Central Market thats close to downtown?

Kind of a farmer's market sort of thing?

I'm not from there.. But, have a friend who looked it up on line and it looks to have grocery type things???

Any info greatly appreciated.

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Grand Central Market is one of the grand 'ol places of downtown L.A., has been there forever. Used to be a general market, now it's more a specialty place with produce and a few other products, and lots of places to get something to eat. It's not really a farmer's market any more LOL, but it's a great place to experience. The website is here, for more info: Grand Central Market

The only problem with it being a place to get your food are the hours; it doesn't open until 9 AM, and it closes at 6 PM, kinda early. But a great place for lunch. It's closest to the Omni Hotel, just for a point of reference.

9. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Thanks for the info...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.