main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Where to eat?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by echo-3, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Here is a link to all the restaurants around the Convention center. LOTS more then Los Angels!

http://www.orlandomeetinginfo.com/dining/results.cfm?searchSite=delegate&searchCategory=dining&type=&location=S_IDRIVE&name=

*** I'm gonna lock this thread so we can keep the other one current. ***

2. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    Thats cool, thanks.

3. MightyMass

MightyMass Jedi Youngling

Jul 23, 2009
    Quick heads up, the Convention Center does have food, but it is overpriced and tastes pretty terrible. There are several affordable places to eat within walking distance. Dine out. You can only fit so much Tang in those Jedi food capsules.

Matt

4. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    For those who can't afford to eat out (like me), there is a super market store called "Goodings"(8255 International Dr) on International Dr 3 minutes from the convention center. There is also a Wal-Mart 8 minutes away on 8990 Turkey Lake Rd. That's actually on the other side of highway 4 from where the convention center is. It's cool to get your new friends together and share a taxi and go food shopping! Saves alot of $ that you can use elsewhere.

5. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I added that Goodings place to the Unofficial Official Map (or is it the Official Unofficial Map?).

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=102109937553911375427.00047abd30483f98614b5&ll=28.442355,-81.468344&spn=0.013943,0.027874&t=h&z=16

6. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    Cool! I think it's the "Unofficial Official Map" ha ha! lol!

7. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Usually when it comes to vacations such as these I look for places I love to eat at that arn't around my area or I have never eaten at before. For example I have to hit a Hard Rock when there is one within distance. :D

8. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    I love HARD ROCK! In Atlanta, HARD ROCK had limited edition DRAGON*CON collector pins, all numbered. I bought five out of the last eight that were available.
    I hope their's a special edition pin for CELEBRATION V!
    The manager mentioned that each HARD ROCK has its own exclusive pin for special events in that area. No two cafe's can sell the same pin within a certain region.

9. Darthmalius

Darthmalius Jedi Master star 2

Jan 29, 2005
    Not sure if this is the right place for this but...

From what I understand they usually have a "Breakfast" the morning of or before it starts and they sell tickets so you can meet some starts and have a good meal. usually goes for charity.

Also for C IV they had a showing of all 6 movies in a row (They did a lot of Alt takes and some extensions) they did this the day before the convention started.

Also they did a Hyperspace member only day the first day.

Does anybody know if they will be doing any of this for this one?

I haven't bought my ticket yet but I will in the next month or so I have a lot of expenses ATM. I haven't booked my hotel yet but that's no biggie they usually just charge you for a single night for holding so I just need to have that much together first. I did however (Because it was maybe the last time I will have that sort of money at once) buy my tickets out already. I am arriving the day before but about 9pm. So if they tack on anything like that this time I won't be able to go simply because they didn't decide ahead of time they were going to do it.

10. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    No that I am on a diet,I am afraid that I'll get down there and there either be places that are $$$$$ or places that will be nothing but bad for you all together.

11. shakes116

shakes116 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2009
    I believe you can go ahead and book your hotel...they take your Credit card info, but don't actually charge it until 72 hours before (?). At least the two that I booked haven't charged them (one has since been canceled.)

12. AnimeNut

AnimeNut Jedi Youngling star 1

May 17, 2002
    Wasn't The Ram used as an unofficial official dining spot for Celebration III in Indianapolis? I didn't know about this until days later, but I heard they had items like "Boba Fettucine" on the menu.

Celebration IV would've been so much better if L.A. Live existed back then. Instead, our after-hours food choices were pretty much slim and none.

13. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    At C4 I pretty muched lived out of a convenience store near my hotel. I did go to a restaurant across the street that sold "Authentic Northern Italian Cusine". It sucked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.